TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Hi!

I'm Karl. 42yo from Norway :smile:
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Hi guys. Thanks for allowing to stay with this wonderful group.
    Looking forward to March
  • melbann
    melbann Posts: 115 Member
    Hello, hoping I will be able to contribute to the overall weight loss of this group. I will note that I am trying to lose weight in a slow and sustainable way so I may not have very good losses.

I try to eat between 1700-1800 cals a day. From what I see on MFP a lot of woman with my height and goal weight seem to be eating between 1000-1200 calories. That just doesn't seem realistic for me or sustainable in the long term based on past experience.
  • Taradaktyl1
    Taradaktyl1 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi all. Looking forward to this challenge. Good luck to us all!
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    edited February 2022
    melbann wrote: »
    Hello, hoping I will be able to contribute to the overall weight loss of this group. I will note that I am trying to lose weight in a slow and sustainable way so I may not have very good losses.

I try to eat between 1700-1800 cals a day. From what I see on MFP a lot of woman with my height and goal weight seem to be eating between 1000-1200 calories. That just doesn't seem realistic for me or sustainable in the long term based on past experience.

Welcome! I have MFP calorie goal set to lose .5lbs a week and am normally around 1700 calories too. While I guess it’s a good thing, I set my goal again since I have lost weight and my daily calorie goal went down by 40 calories to 1684. Not that big a difference but I like having more padding. We will see how well I can meet that. 40 calories is just about what my supplements I take are( multi and fiber gummies and fish oil)

I could be the rarity but I don’t really pay attention to which team lost the most amount of weight. I am more encouraged by seeing people’s daily posts and weigh ins. I don’t talk much about my efforts with my real life friends, and really appreciate seeing people’s efforts and struggles who are working toward the same goal of being healthier.

Welcome Karl and Taradaktyl

I’m a Tara, and had never though of the Pterodactyl pun but it amuses me greatly. I get Tara the terrible, terrifying or terrific often and have one person who calls me Tarracuda
  • KakoHikes
    edited February 2022
    Hello all, I’m looking forward to “losing” with you all! Here’s my rather long winded monthly intro.

I am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

I have lost 49lbs since I started, can now fit in clothes two sizes smaller and have lowered my resting heart rate by 15bpm. My lab results have also improved a lot. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I am now able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying, have more energy and better mental health.

It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. My current goals are to get down to 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.

My main food focus this month is trying to find good options for portable breakfasts and snacks, preferably things I don’t have to touch with my fingers. I haven’t gotten sick once in the two years I have been working from home. I feel like am going to catch everything once I am back in the office. While management moves at the speed of molasses supposedly we may be back at the office by the end of the month. There is not enough desk space for all of us now though, so we will see how that works out. I have loved not having to spend the extra time on the commute and having a kitchen full of healthy items handy. I may soon be facing the temptations of free donuts and other not so healthy munchies again.
    Exercise wise, I am wanting to keep up my new strength training routine and possibly add to it a bit. With doing my pt exercises at the same time I don’t want to make it to long time wise that I may think about skipping it.
  • melbann
    melbann Posts: 115 Member
    Username: melbann
    Weigh in week: March Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 221
    Todays Weight: 215.2
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Robandy12345
    March week 1
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 215
    CW 212.5

Loss of 2.5
  • KakoHikes
    User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 191.6
    CW: 192.6
    The bounce this week is hopefully a combo of water weight from the extra sodium and being backed up. Math wise the last two days of being over goal should have more than evened out with the rest of the week… especially since I was 190 on Tuesday
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 32 minutes indoor walking
  • KakoHikes
    Sunday 02/27
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 52 minutes ring fit adventure and 23 minutes pt/strength training almost right after. Skipped a lot of my strength training exercises since did ones similar when playing ring fit
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes minimal walking
  • vicky2767

Welcome. I set my calories at around 1500-1600 a day also. Don’t always stick to it but I’m trying.
    Hi all. Looking forward to this challenge. Good luck to us all!
    Good luck
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Hello all, I’m looking forward to “losing” with you all! Here’s my rather long winded monthly intro.

I am 34/F, living in Oregon and restarted my journey to better health last June after some not so good lab results gave me the kick I needed. I’ve lost weight before but gained it back and more by letting stress turn into apathy about my health. I am planning on this time being the one that sticks, making healthy habits and learning how to cook healthy foods.

I have lost 49lbs since I started, can now fit in clothes two sizes smaller and have lowered my resting heart rate by 15bpm. My lab results have also improved a lot. I’ve been trying new(to me) food and have found spices and dishes I’ve really enjoyed that are healthy and delish. With exercising regularly, I am now able to go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying, have more energy and better mental health.

It’s an ongoing process and some days I really have to remind myself of those benefits above to keep going. My current goals are to get down to 170lbs and no longer be obese, get a regular strength training routine going and continue good habits of cooking the majority of my food and going on walks/exercising most days of the week.

My main food focus this month is trying to find good options for portable breakfasts and snacks, preferably things I don’t have to touch with my fingers. I haven’t gotten sick once in the two years I have been working from home. I feel like am going to catch everything once I am back in the office. While management moves at the speed of molasses supposedly we may be back at the office by the end of the month. There is not enough desk space for all of us now though, so we will see how that works out. I have loved not having to spend the extra time on the commute and having a kitchen full of healthy items handy. I may soon be facing the temptations of free donuts and other not so healthy munchies again.
    Exercise wise, I am wanting to keep up my new strength training routine and possibly add to it a bit. With doing my pt exercises at the same time I don’t want to make it to long time wise that I may think about skipping it.
    You got this! Good luck to you. Fantastic job so far
    Robandy12345
    March week 1
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 215
    CW 212.5

Loss of 2.5

Nice loss!
  • vicky2767
    Daily check in for sun 2/27
    Tracked no
    calories 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Exercise no
    But it was a great day anyway.
  • Taradaktyl1

Welcome! I have MFP calorie goal set to lose .5lbs a week and am normally around 1700 calories too. While I guess it’s a good thing, I set my goal again since I have lost weight and my daily calorie goal went down by 40 calories to 1684. Not that big a difference but I like having more padding. We will see how well I can meet that. 40 calories is just about what my supplements I take are( multi and fiber gummies and fish oil)

I could be the rarity but I don’t really pay attention to which team lost the most amount of weight. I am more encouraged by seeing people’s daily posts and weigh ins. I don’t talk much about my efforts with my real life friends, and really appreciate seeing people’s efforts and struggles who are working toward the same goal of being healthier.

I’m a Tara, and had never though of the Pterodactyl pun but it amuses me greatly. I get Tara the terrible, terrifying or terrific often and have one person who calls me Tarracuda

• Taradaktyl1
    Hope all is going well! The funny thing that sticks out to be about my name is when George W. Bush would say “war on terror” but it sounded like “war on Tara”. 😂. Good luck to everyone this week. I didn’t exercise today (2 degrees when I got up this morning and I had to take my mom to the airport), but I did start logging my food again.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Daily Post
    Monday Feb. 28
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise yes
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    Username: erinmorgan
    Weigh in week: March Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 205
    Todays Weight: 205
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    edited March 2022
    DebJB30
    Monday Week 1
    PW 166.4
    CW. 167.4

First I posted this in the Feb thread by mistake.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 minutes indoor walking
This discussion has been closed.