Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Congrats to our team loss leaders for the week.
    Check in for 3/6:
    Steps - 14059
    Calories - 1885 I think. I forgot the last 2 digits. I know it is in the 1800s.
    Exercise - 7.2 mile walk in 2 hr 9 minutes. I left home for a 1 hour walk but just kept going. Went over 6 miles before stopping to but a newspaper and 3 donuts. I ate half of the smallest for dessert. I don't get the other 2.

@lindamtuck2018 I am in spain. Madrid, I think. City 8. Those crunches almost killed me. I did them at home so laid down. Ouch. 157 oz water.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Team

28Haveitall
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Pw 255.2

Cw 254

Thank you
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @peng123
    That’s a great NSV! It is so easy to make unhealthy choices when in those situations.

@cormierannie
    Nice loss! You should get Megan to convert all your dancing to steps each day for the step challenge.

@aactuallyaash
    I never heard of putting chocolate in popcorn. Do you add chocolate chips?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That’s perfectly. So you are in Manila. Great job pushing yourself to exercise!

@rwood566
    I am stuck in Cardiff because there was no way I was trying to do the crunches on the floor. I didn’t look at the activities before I went to the pool. 🤦‍♀️ Great job on the walking and the crunches.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @mszoueb @28Haveitall2020
    Awesome loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 14,626
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 356/1500

No laps yesterday. The pool was 92F. I did exercise in the pool for just over an hour. I was shocked at my steps yesterday. I had over 8,000 actual steps. I thought I was sitting a lot but I did some meal prep, washed the floors, laundry, cooked supper and shampooed the carpets in one of the bedrooms. My watch picked up an extra 33 minutes of exercise besides the pool.

My plan for today is to get some laps done along with arms and abs. They were working on the pool yesterday to cool it down when I left. I am stuck in the second city in the challenge as I have to do the crunches in the pool.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/6
    Step count 8543

Travel challenge
    Completed Ontario, Cardiff and Manila. Total points for Sunday = 30.

@lindamtuck2018

Isn’t it great when you discover you have extra exercise minutes from doing your regular life’s work!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

I wish I could motivate myself to get up before the sun to walk. That’s what it will take for me to walk in the summer with the heat and humidity.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/6:
    Calories: 1,116
    Exercise: 80 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes strength class
    Steps: 18,079

I had a great exercise session yesterday - as well as this morning - I'm now in Bangkok - just loving this week's challenge! I loved the no sweets challenge last week - so I've decided to continue with it this week. I see more people reporting excellent losses - congratulations!!

Motivational quote: Energy and persistence conquer all things - Benjamin Franklin

SMART goal: For the next week, I will replace my daily chocolate treat with fresh fruit

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 good luck with the crunches. Maybe there are directions for doing them in a chair? Lots of other chair exercises out there.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    3/7 walking outside with Alyssa and Aspen the husky for 96 minutes..4.16 miles ...I did the 10 minute stretching before our walk and I did 12 bicep curls with my weights and I logged all my food for 30 points yesterday and 30 points today :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    13auio2mdo8z.jpg

Here is my motivational quote for another 10 points
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited March 2022
    Options
    My Smart Goal is I want to walk everyday weather it is Leslie Sansone walking Dvd's or walking outside with Alyssa and Aspen.. I would love to get to the 8 mile mark by the end of the month . I will push myself to walk 4 to 5 miles during the month and hopefully will succeed to 8 miles by the end of the month ... another 10 points :) I got 96 minutes of fresh air this morning on our walk so another 10 points ....90 points all together
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My Smart Goal is I want to walk everyday weather it is Leslie Sansone walking Dvd's or walking outside with Alyssa and Aspen.. I would love to get to the 8 mile mark by the end of the month . I will push myself to walk 4 to 5 miles during the month and hopefully will succeed to 8 miles by the end of the month ... another 10 points :) I got 96 minutes of fresh air this morning on our walk so another 10 points ....90 points all together

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Great job with this week's challenge!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Great job with this week's challenge!!

Thank you so much :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/6:
    Calories: 1,116
    Exercise: 80 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes strength class
    Steps: 18,079

I had a great exercise session yesterday - as well as this morning - I'm now in Bangkok - just loving this week's challenge! I loved the no sweets challenge last week - so I've decided to continue with it this week. I see more people reporting excellent losses - congratulations!!

Motivational quote: Energy and persistence conquer all things - Benjamin Franklin

SMART goal: For the next week, I will replace my daily chocolate treat with fresh fruit

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

You are on fire! I like your smart goal. Every night I have a small hallowe’en size bag of chips. I should try something like your goal. What kind of fruit do you eat? I am not big on fruit but I have been eating tangelos lately.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Awesome Megan! I am glad you are out walking again.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody. This was not a great week for me. I think a lot of factors led to a weight gain over the last couple of weeks that I am hoping is just water retention. As per usual, fluctuating between the same 5 lbs no matter what. Ugh…

My steps were great until the end of the week when I was absolutely exhausted. This week my goal is to meet my step goal at 6/7 days - even if it means getting on the treadmill. I like to get on there, and watch a couple shows. It makes the time to quickly while I’m getting exercise in.

PW: 163.8
    CW: 164

Steps:
    2/27: 8,629
    2/28: 9,692
    3/1: 13,230
    3/2: 7,042
    3/3: 9,243
    3/4: 5,038
    3/5: 1,309
    3/6: 1,736
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Morethanjustanumber
    It’s surprising how much I get. Great steps!

The pool was at 95F when I got there. 😮 I forced myself to do some laps but it is hard when it’s that hot. By the time I left they had it down a bit. Hopefully tomorrow its at a better temperature or I am going to fall behind on my lap goal.
This discussion has been closed.