peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/6:
    Calories: 1,116
    Exercise: 80 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes strength class
    Steps: 18,079

I had a great exercise session yesterday - as well as this morning - I'm now in Bangkok - just loving this week's challenge! I loved the no sweets challenge last week - so I've decided to continue with it this week. I see more people reporting excellent losses - congratulations!!

Motivational quote: Energy and persistence conquer all things - Benjamin Franklin

SMART goal: For the next week, I will replace my daily chocolate treat with fresh fruit

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

You are on fire! I like your smart goal. Every night I have a small hallowe’en size bag of chips. I should try something like your goal. What kind of fruit do you eat? I am not big on fruit but I have been eating tangelos lately.

@lindamtuck2018 I have been eating a lot of grapefruit (I love them!) - yesterday I decided to branch out and I purchased fresh pineapple and kumquats - both are delicious! I can't wait for summer fruit to become available - I love all berries, peaches and watermelon.
  • Gwiz401
    Gwiz401 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 yes Optavia is a meal replacement diet, comparable to something like Nutrisystem. It's expensive, calorie-restrictive and you have to buy their food, which is processed. All huge negatives for me. BUT, if I can get some inches of my belly, I'll do it for 1 or 2 months, then go back to eating clean.

After hitting 50 years old, I can't get anything off the belly. Ugh.

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning everybody. This was not a great week for me. I think a lot of factors led to a weight gain over the last couple of weeks that I am hoping is just water retention. As per usual, fluctuating between the same 5 lbs no matter what. Ugh…

My steps were great until the end of the week when I was absolutely exhausted. This week my goal is to meet my step goal at 6/7 days - even if it means getting on the treadmill. I like to get on there, and watch a couple shows. It makes the time to quickly while I’m getting exercise in.

PW: 163.8
    CW: 164

Steps:
    2/27: 8,629
    2/28: 9,692
    3/1: 13,230
    3/2: 7,042
    3/3: 9,243
    3/4: 5,038
    3/5: 1,309
    3/6: 1,736

@red1185 The good news is that it was just a very small gain - and your goal of increasing your steps should help with that this week - excellent plan!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Gwiz401 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 yes Optavia is a meal replacement diet, comparable to something like Nutrisystem. It's expensive, calorie-restrictive and you have to buy their food, which is processed. All huge negatives for me. BUT, if I can get some inches of my belly, I'll do it for 1 or 2 months, then go back to eating clean.

After hitting 50 years old, I can't get anything off the belly. Ugh.

The joys of menopause and what it does to our body. I am 57 and I know weight loss is so much harder than 20 years ago. That padding around the middle is hard to get off.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,446 Member
    Options
    My Smart Goal is I want to walk everyday weather it is Leslie Sansone walking Dvd's or walking outside with Alyssa and Aspen.. I would love to get to the 8 mile mark by the end of the month . I will push myself to walk 4 to 5 miles during the month and hopefully will succeed to 8 miles by the end of the month ... another 10 points :) I got 96 minutes of fresh air this morning on our walk so another 10 points ....90 points all together

Awesome Megan! I am glad you are out walking again.

Thank you so much...I am happy to be out there again...I missed it badly
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    My Smart Goal is I want to walk everyday weather it is Leslie Sansone walking Dvd's or walking outside with Alyssa and Aspen.. I would love to get to the 8 mile mark by the end of the month . I will push myself to walk 4 to 5 miles during the month and hopefully will succeed to 8 miles by the end of the month ... another 10 points :) I got 96 minutes of fresh air this morning on our walk so another 10 points ....90 points all together

I don’t know about you but exercise makes me feel happier. I was a grumpy person when the pool was closed in January during lockdown.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I don’t know about you but exercise makes me feel happier. I was a grumpy person when the pool was closed in January during lockdown.

It does make me happier also ... I hated that I couldn't get out there and walk ..I am an outdoorsy person ...so it felt great to get out there .. I am looking forward to summer where we can walk as long as we want and not be home due to her having classes early in the morning and also looking forward to swimming in our pool
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 So I just broke apart a small chocolate bar and also threw some white chocolate morsels. lol this helped me avoid eating ALL the chocolate
  • MOMWILLWIN66
    MOMWILLWIN66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday. So this mornings weigh in was a little disappointing 239.2 but I am trying to stay positive and realistic so I don't give up. My goal this month is 5 more lbs by my birthday which is 3/31.I wasn't ab;e to exercise a few days this week due to my ankle. I am logging everything I eat my steps, the number of times I take the stairs at work (today 20 stairs up & down 9 times). I have not hit 10,000 steps a day yet but hopefully as the weather gets better my steps will increase.
  • MOMWILLWIN66
    MOMWILLWIN66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello again. I am still trying to get used to how things work. MOMWILLWIN66
    PW 239.6
    CW 239.2
    Steps today 6538
    and headed to go ride my exercise bike, last night was an hour so hopefully tonight will be too.
    My job entails a lot of sitting but doing what I can to get up and move around more each day.
    Here a little bit about myself and why I am on this journey. My name is Kim, I have lived in New York my entire life, Upstate NY between Rochester & Syracuse. I have 2 sons, 3 grandchildren. I am a cancer survivor and about 4 years ago my hips started to get really bad. I have always been active but they got so bad due to the radiation I had years ago that I was using a walker and could barely get around. I have had both hips replaced and I promised myself that I would get right back out there but this time stay active and get the weight off. I also want to help my granddaughter stay active she will be 6 next week and she is overweight. I want to do it in a way that will not give her body image issues in the future. So our goal is to to get grandma more active, have fun and eat healthier foods. I am doing everything I can to stay positive so I don't give up this time. So thanks for letting me join this group.
    Please let me know if I am not posting correctly. Thanks
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Mar 7, 2022)
    PW: 222.4
    CW: 224.2
    SW: 240

This week's gain of 1.8 lbs offsets last week's loss of 1.6 ... sigh.

I have to remember to keep the big picture, long-term view in mind. On to a new week!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hello again. I am still trying to get used to how things work. MOMWILLWIN66
    PW 239.6
    CW 239.2
    Steps today 6538
    and headed to go ride my exercise bike, last night was an hour so hopefully tonight will be too.
    My job entails a lot of sitting but doing what I can to get up and move around more each day.
    Here a little bit about myself and why I am on this journey. My name is Kim, I have lived in New York my entire life, Upstate NY between Rochester & Syracuse. I have 2 sons, 3 grandchildren. I am a cancer survivor and about 4 years ago my hips started to get really bad. I have always been active but they got so bad due to the radiation I had years ago that I was using a walker and could barely get around. I have had both hips replaced and I promised myself that I would get right back out there but this time stay active and get the weight off. I also want to help my granddaughter stay active she will be 6 next week and she is overweight. I want to do it in a way that will not give her body image issues in the future. So our goal is to to get grandma more active, have fun and eat healthier foods. I am doing everything I can to stay positive so I don't give up this time. So thanks for letting me join this group.
    Please let me know if I am not posting correctly. Thanks

Are you wanting to be added to our step challenge ? If you are please give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (which ever is easiest for you) ...I also have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3

I have to remember to keep the big picture, long-term view in mind. On to a new week!

You have the right attitude ... You will succeed :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. How was your Monday?
    Check in for 3/7:
    Steps - 12171
    Calories - about 1880.larger bfast and lunch than I like.
    Exercise - gym in the morning. 8 machines and 26 minutes bike. Walk in the afternoon. 5 miles in 1 hr 27 min. Short but up and down a large hill.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I am in Nairobi, Kenya. Stop 13. I would be higher but I didn't eat my veggies. I enjoyed the weather outside. Wish I went to the beach. Stretched before my walk and logged.
    Now a question...what is self care?? Stop 15.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Happy Monday. So this mornings weigh in was a little disappointing 239.2 but I am trying to stay positive and realistic so I don't give up. My goal this month is 5 more lbs by my birthday which is 3/31.I wasn't ab;e to exercise a few days this week due to my ankle. I am logging everything I eat my steps, the number of times I take the stairs at work (today 20 stairs up & down 9 times). I have not hit 10,000 steps a day yet but hopefully as the weather gets better my steps will increase.

You had almost 1/2 pound loss this week which is great. There are 4 more weeks to the March challenge so 5 pounds is definitely doable. I love that you want to be a positive role model for your granddaughter.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3

I like that: keep the bigger picture, long term view in mind. It is something I need to do.

rwood566 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I am in Nairobi, Kenya. Stop 13. I would be higher but I didn't eat my veggies. I enjoyed the weather outside. Wish I went to the beach. Stretched before my walk and logged.
    Now a question...what is self care?? Stop 15.

Self care is doing something for yourself. Examples: deep breathing, meditation, bubble bath, read a book, positive self talk
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I haven't done it yet but I am off to do Leslie Sansone walking dvd for 6 miles ...I will do a 10 minute stretch before....I logged all my food..I stayed within my calorie goal (before working out) I will be eating 3 servings of berries with my smoothie .. frozen spinach will also go in my smoothie... I will have a huge salad and I will have green beans with our Salmon for dinner ..my self care will be soaking in an Epson salt bubble bath today ..I always drink 120 ounces of water daily ...My NSV is that I do not have a headache/migraine and that I am back to walking which I absolutely love ...I will do another 10 minute stretch after my workout today...my healthy recipe that I would like to try is lemon cod on top of bok choy with a salad on the side... I will have arrived in Washington DC later today and I will give myself a pat on the back when I do arrive...so I earned 200 points in all ... Very fun challenge @lindamtuck2018 thanks for setting this one up :)
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The weather here in Oklahoma is so freaking bipolar. I thought TEXAS was... but OK beats TX by 90%.

I tried our last meal from Hello Fresh last night. It's been so fun cooking their meals. I have about 7 recipe cards that I can fall back on if I'm in the mood to try them again.

Hello Fresh is my favorite so far. Green Chef was cool and Martha Stewarts was HARD (for me at least).

Do any of you have favorite grocery meal box deliveries and which one do you prefer?

This discussion has been closed.