Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I use this simple recipe for wings. After using this a couple times, I do find I like to broil them at the end for extra crispiness.

https://domesticsuperhero.com/air-fryer-chicken-wings-super-crispy/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,112 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    @Morethanjustanumber @Megan_smartiepants1970 Your recipes sound delicious and healthy!

Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Awesome walk!

Thank you so much Linda... I did 25 minutes of walking at home this morning ....Tomorrow we are going on a long walk ..I will be thrilled if I can do 8 miles ...I will be even more thrilled if it is more than that :)
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    50 min. Strength training moderate
    33 min. Elliptical 3.57 miles

Strength and reps are going up this week but miles for cardio are going down. It is kind of frustrating as seem to reach a low level of fitness and find it really difficult to improve.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Question time...I am walking at a 3.35 mph pace but mfp only has 3.0 and 3.5mph. Which one would you use?
  • rwood566
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams thank you for saying that. That is so true. Company helps.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams Well said! Thank you!!

@rwood566 For me, I would use 3.0 because I like to be conservative - especially if you are going to be eating your exercise calories
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Question time...I am walking at a 3.35 mph pace but mfp only has 3.0 and 3.5mph. Which one would you use?

I would also use the 3.0 for MFP :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just got done with a 2nd walking dvd ...I walked 4.24 miles today with Leslie Sansone DVD and burned 533 calories ... I rather be walking outside but there are days I just can't due to my daughter and her homeschool ... Looking forward to our walk in the morning :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018:

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 144.4
    CW: 146

Not too bad for being away from home for 10 days. I upped my calories when I was away for a maintenance range. That seemed to work pretty well. Now to set it back to the weight-loss range... We have a much, much longer trip planned starting next month. More on that later.
  • rwood566
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I have arrived in Washington. I will be walking around the central mall waiting for you.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Check in for 3/11:
    Steps - 18891
    Calories - 1730 or close
    Exercise - 9.58 mile walk in 2 hr 51 min. I think it is my longest yet.

@peng123 @Megan_smartiepants1970 thank you for the info. I don't eat my exercise calories.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    tuxado wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry that I have been MIA for several days. Unfortunately, the docs decided to hospitalize me due to the out of control blood pressure. They were afraid of a stroke I guess. Anyway, spending most of a week in bed, with little control over my intake made things a bit interesting. So I did not get much exercise in, and was right at it slightly over calorie wise most days. Still I am down a pound this week.
    But hopefully with the new cocktail of meds, the blood pressure will not sky rocket again. So I can get back in the swing of things next week.

Weekly Weigh in
    Tuxado
    PW: 310
    CW: 309

Sorry you were hospitialized.. Glad you are doing okay ...Congrats on losing a pound this week :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday team. ♥️ I’m still struggling. 🤷🏻‍♀️ But I’m trying to get back on top of things.

Weigh in :

Username : mari_moulin
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Weigh in week : 2
    Previous weight : 214.6
    Current weight : 214

Steps :

Sat - 13,937 @Megan_smartiepants1970 im so sorry totally forgot to come back with this one.

Sun - 11,497
    Mon - 17,200
    Tue - 17,347
    Wed - 12,088
    Thu - 15,755
    Fri - 15,262
    Sat - TBA
  • peng123
    Options
    Happy Saturday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/11:
    Calories: 1,095
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 15,110

I ran out of fruit so I didn't get as many calories as I should have - but today is my shopping day and I will make sure I purchase extra for this week. I have been sweet-free for almost two weeks and it hasn't been a problem at all - which is a surprise to me! I have a busy day planned with the Humane Society today - so I should get lots of steps.

@tuxado I'm so sorry that you have been in the hospital - I hope you feel better soon!

Have a great day, everyone!

• peng123
    Options
    New Challenge!

Hi Everyone! Great job with this week's challenge - traveling around the word was very fun! Beginning tomorrow, we will have a new challenge: it's "armed and dangerous" week! We are going to ask everyone to do some sort of arm exercise each day and report back to let us know which ones you are doing. I definitely need to start doing more arm exercises - so I'm excited about this challenge - can't wait to see how we all do!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 229.2
    CW: 229.4. +0.2

I am thinking I am at the bottom. I am bouncing within 2 lbs. My skin consult was moved up to the 21st. I hope they accept me.

Remind me what your goal weight is again? Do you want to lose much more or do you think skin removal would put you pretty close? I don’t know much about skin removal but any shows I have watched sometimes the excess skimpy can weigh 10 or 15 pounds.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ... We are off to go on our lonnnnnng walk ...I will catch up with everyone later today ... my plan is 8 miles but I would love to see 10 miles today :)
This discussion has been closed.