Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!
    Last day of March and I am ready to see it done. I am very glad to be here with you all, however!
    Calorie Goal: I had been using MFP to set my calorie goal, and consistently gave me 1200 to 1500. I can do that, for a while, several months even, but then not. This time I followed the advice of some others and went to the website of the USDA and used their calculation for my current weight and where I want to be in two years' time, which puts me at losing about 1 lb per week, and the calorie goal was 1700. So I took that and it has been much better for me.

March Reflections:

1. What did you do well this month? 2. What do you think you could have done better?
    I came back. The rest of the month was a struggle. But starting again, one day at a time, is a blessing. And I did a thing: I went to my first Overeaters Anonymous meeting this past Sunday and I have now had four days in a row of not overeating at any of my meals. The support available from the OA community in working on the social, emotional, and spiritual aspects of my eating habits is amazing.

3. What is going to be your number one goal for April?
    My number one goal for April is to stay on plan and not overeat at any meals. Hopefully, I can soon get back to getting more steps/exercise but first things first!

4. Do you have any suggestions for next month? Any improvements? Only for myself to participate here more. We need each other!

5. Share a motivational quote with the team.

Love is an adventure and a conquest. It survives and develops, like the universe itself, only by perpetual discovery. -- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    @roz0810 I am so sorry for your loss...Hugs.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @MeowScout Congratulations for taking the steps to make sure you have all the support you need for your weight loss journey. I am very interested to hear more about Overeaters Anonymous. It sounds like an excellent group!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Well, my husband is in the hospital. He's been having some issues in his abdominal area (he's 2 years post liver transplant). He's having a CT scan now. I don't know if I will be able to check in everyday in the group. I'm going to bow out of April's challenge but keep logging in daily for my food, etc. @peng123 @Megan_smartiepants1970 @lindamtuck2018 thank you for keeping me motivated!

I'll be back. ♥

Much love,
    Melissa
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    We just got back from our walk ...134 minutes and 5.64 miles ... I felt pain in my hip and my tailbone (I think) ... I see my Dr on Monday so I will ask him ...I love my early walks we left a little after 5am ... yesterday we walked later I was sweaty and sunburned
  • peng123
    Options
    @melissadreed903 I'm so sorry about your husband - will be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way - please let us know if there's anything we can do to support you!

Cara
  • peng123
    Options
    We just got back from our walk ...134 minutes and 5.64 miles ... I felt pain in my hip and my tailbone (I think) ... I see my Dr on Monday so I will ask him ...I love my early walks we left a little after 5am ... yesterday we walked later I was sweaty and sunburned

@Megan_smartiepants1970 That's a long walk! I'm sorry about the pain - hopefully, it isn't anything serious - early walks are definitely the way to go!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Morning all. Well, my husband is in the hospital. He's been having some issues in his abdominal area (he's 2 years post liver transplant). He's having a CT scan now. I don't know if I will be able to check in everyday in the group. I'm going to bow out of April's challenge but keep logging in daily for my food, etc. @peng123 @Megan_smartiepants1970 @lindamtuck2018 thank you for keeping me motivated!

I'll be back. ♥

Much love,
    Melissa

Sorry to hear about your hubby being in the hospital.. you and your family are in my thoughts..looking forward to your return with us
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »

@Megan_smartiepants1970 That's a long walk! I'm sorry about the pain - hopefully, it isn't anything serious - early walks are definitely the way to go!

Thanks Cara ... I have hip dysplasia which hurts on our walk ... this pain that I felt this morning was new and it hurt like H3LL.... doesn't hurt now that I am sitting so I am not sure what it was
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 218.6
    CW: 223.4

Just bouncing around lately. Looking forward to a 'mental reset' for April....
    April will be a good month!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @peng123 Thanks Cara <3
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    My last weigh in came off of a weekend binge, so I was really heavy :/
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    My last weigh in came off of a weekend binge, so I was really heavy :/

You still did really well. You lost the weight from the weekend binge plus a lot extra.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @MeowScout
    One of our previous members went to OA. The program always intrigued me. I know 12 step programs help a lot of people. Keep us updated on how you continue to find it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @aactuallyaash not sure if you saw my comment on the registration page... just letting you know that you do not need to re-register each month... they only time that you will need to re-register is if you leave the group and down the road you want to re-join
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I'll be back. ♥

Much love,
    Melissa

I am sorry that your husband is in hospital and I hope everything is ok. Don’t feel like you need to check in daily. Even if you wanted to check in once a week it is fine. I I will move you to the support team and you can come back to the active team at anytime. Best of luck on your journey.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 218.6
    CW: 223.4

Just bouncing around lately. Looking forward to a 'mental reset' for April....
    April will be a good month!

You bet! It’s going to be an awesome month.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/30
    Step count 3922

I’ve been traveling yesterday and today so a lot time sitting in a car and eating out. Guess we’ll see what the damage is tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Definitely get it checked. I know with the nerve issues in my back I get a burning pain in my tailbone.
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

I'll be back. ♥

Much love,
    Melissa

I am sorry that your husband is in hospital and I hope everything is ok. Don’t feel like you need to check in daily. Even if you wanted to check in once a week it is fine. I I will move you to the support team and you can come back to the active team at anytime. Best of luck on your journey.

That sounds GREAT! Thank you Linda♥
This discussion has been closed.