Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Good evening all! Just checking in to say that I stayed on plan today. One day at a time for me right now! And it is a good thing, too, because I have had a great day and a good evening but a sad event tonight. On the way home from church choir rehearsal, I hit a deer. I am uninjured, the airbag did not deploy. I drove home and got to see the damage to the front of our van when I got there. Please pray for us -- I need the van to be able to be repaired because we really cannot afford a new vehicle right now. Thank God I was driving safely and the damage was not even worse. I know I will be a little sore tomorrow. And I am not going to go into the kitchen to eat away my stress and worry. Thanks for listening!

I am glad you are ok. Good for you not heading to the kitchen and coming here to post. I will send a prayer that your vehicle can be repaired.
    jayenguk wrote: »
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 240
    CW 243.4

so here goes back on it its a struggle but I will do this 2022 is my year to goal!

Come check in often to see if it will help with staying on track. This will be your year!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! Here's my update:

PW: 149.9
    CW: 148.7 (-1.2)
    SW: 250

3/29:
    Calories: 1,185
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 13,493

Look at you with another great loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    20: 2477
    21: 4895
    22: 156 (my pedometer must have been on the fritz :s )
    23: 2550
    24: 2510
    25: 4041
    26: 2412

Nice looking steps! I just noticed you didn’t post your weight yesterday. I scrolled back through the chat so I don’t think I missed it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    It’s the last week of the March challenge. Here’s some questions:

1. What did you do well this month?
    2. What do you think you could have done better?
    3. What is going to be your number one goal for April?
    4. Do you have any suggestions for next month? Any improvements?
    5. Share a motivational quote with the team.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @Morethanjustanumber Thanks so much for the information - I need to do a little research on intermittent fasting - it sounds like you are having a lot of success with it!

@lindamtuck2018 I think it's a great idea to start readjusting your calories - I know you're frustrated and a reduction in calories might help you move out of this plateau
  • peng123
    Options

2. What do you think you could have done better?
    3. What is going to be your number one goal for April?

@lindamtuck2018

1) I stayed at my prescribed calorie range without fail - I really believe this is the reason that I have been able to steadily lose weight each week

2) I could have exercised a little more - I was really busy at work for a week and I slacked off on my exercise

3) My number one goal for April is going to be sticking to my calorie range once again and working with my doctor to figure out where my final goal weight will be

4) I love this group - I have no improvements in mind - I'd love to be able to motivate our members to post more often

5) "It doesn't matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop!"

Have a great day everyone!

Cara
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    We have a returning member rejoining our amazing team... Please welcome back @roz0810 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

1. What did you do well this month? I lost weight consistently each week
    2. What do you think you could have done better? Get consistent again with working out
    3. What is going to be your number one goal for April? To exercise daily
    4. Do you have any suggestions for next month? Any improvements? Would like our team to chat more but don't know how we can make that happen
    qfacsiep1dhc.png

• peng123
    Options
    @roz0810 Welcome back! We are so glad you're here! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I think someone wanted to come for a swim. Some of you may remember that I am scared of geese so it was tricky leaving the pool house.

1ruuqe28ntsv.jpeg

• lindamtuck2018
    Options

Even though I won’t meet my lap goal I am pretty pleased with my exercise.

2.What do you think you could have done better?
    I definitely could do better on my nutrition. I need to find a calorie range that works for me.

3.What is going to be your number one goal for April?
    Get back to losing by adjusting my eating. Each week, I am going to make small changes to my diet.

I would love to see more activity on the team chat.

gkcscx6tffig.jpeg

• lindamtuck2018
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @roz0810 Welcome back!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    thank you thank you all ❤️ A bit about me, I'm Roz, 28, married and have two cats. I've been on MFP a while, lost 50lbs in 2012. have gained it back over the years and another 50! so here I am again doing this one day at a time.
    thank you for having me back ❤️😊 I look forward to seeing my progress with you all.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    thank you thank you all ❤️ A bit about me, I'm Roz, 28, married and have two cats. I've been on MFP a while, lost 50lbs in 2012. have gained it back over the years and another 50! so here I am again doing this one day at a time.
    thank you for having me back ❤️😊 I look forward to seeing my progress with you all.

Welcome back Roz... looking forward to supporting/encouraging you :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

thank you Megan. you're an inspiration :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    dicwyu7b8zky.jpg

March Week 4 Results:
    Top 5 Steppers Are:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 126,095 steps
    2nd @mari_moulin 106,003 steps
    3rd @peng123 85,530 steps
    4th @lindamtuck2018 82,353 steps
    5th @tahm42 73,408 steps
    WELL DONE LADIES :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 776,944 steps
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @red1185 5/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @tahm42 7/7
    @peng123 5/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 7/7
    @mari_moulin 6/7
    @Beautyofdreams 3/7
    @Jepdno 3/7
    @aactuallyaash 1/7
    @melissadreed903 4/7
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

thank you Megan. you're an inspiration :)

You are very welcome and thank you :)
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Question
    How do you determine your calorie goal? Do you let mfp decide it? How often do you update your calorie goal? (ie: every 5 pounds lost ) What do you set your activity level to and why?

I let MFP establish my baseline goal using sedentary life style (the most conservative option), exercise 30 minutes 5x per week and to lose 1 lb per week. But I let Fitbit adjust my exercise calories based on actual exercise. Honestly I rarely even come close to the allowed calories since I switched to eating only 2 meals per day and no snacking. Most days I eat between a low of 1100 and a high of 1900 with the majority of days between 1450 and 1650. Per my Fitbit I usually burn around 2450 per day. Supposedly with intermittent fasting you do not need to count calories but I do log because I do better eating if I log. It makes me aware of what and how much I am eating. I think the only reason they tell you not to count calories is that it would be hard to over eat only eating once or twice a day so you are naturally restricting your calories when fasting. More important to me are keeping my carb grams to just 30% or less.

I let MFP determine my calories but I too don't even come close to it but I did last night LOL!

This discussion has been closed.