Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams Thank you so much for your suggestions <3
    I think what happened was I went to one of my vices, a glass of wine, and that just snowballs into inhibition of my true goal. I'm learning to not beat myself down and accept myself for who I am. And eventually, I will make better choices for my bottom line.
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
    @lindamtuck2018 I will happily come back with that 260 as my Friday WI. Working towards no snacking for a WI this Friday.

I moved my calories up to 1700, back to tracking, no snacking. Tonight was hard. So I found things to do and people to be with. Day 1.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 232.6
    CW (Current Weight): 235

Hi all, here for Monday weigh in.

Not had the best week food wise as takeaways happened and due to go out for a meal tomorrow evening too. After that should be ok until towards end of next month.

I was thinking though, prior to last weeks weigh in the scale was showing in the 234's then next day surprise drop for some reason, so maybe in actuality, I haven't gained over 2 full pounds.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads within the next month in regards to food as prep price has gone up and I'm not sure if can continue it mainly for that reason amongst others. I could redo it anytime, but I bought some containers so can look into meal prepping myself potentially after next month.

Had moments similar this week in how people can do a grocery shop and then end up getting food out from somewhere.

Realistically I'd probably have to do the prep service a good few more months to starting going back down as I'd like to, but then I think long term, eating how I am now with the meal contents perhaps isn't going to be realistic in how it is.

Any thoughts?
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,

Here for my weigh in

Late .Apologies Linda!

Hope you are doing well?

Pw: 254
    Name: 28Haveitall
    Weigh in day : Saturday
    Cw: 251.4

My focus this week is on getting exercise, drinking enough water over the weekends and eating enough vegetables over the weekends.

Last week I did only 25mins of exercise which is not healthy. Also had a massive binge on Saturday which is not good either.

Have a nice week 😊.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/27
    Step count 6153

Boy was I lazy this day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everybody. Another week down at school. 1 more until spring break!! My steps were pretty good (I met my step goal everyday!) and my diet wasn’t bad either. I even showed a little bit of a weight loss. Overall it was a successful week. Hopefully I can keep it up.

PW: 162.4
    CW: 161.4

Steps:
    3/20: 500
    3/21: 12,674
    3/22: 9,053
    3/23: 8,339
    3/24: 10,117
    3/25: 8,537
    3/26: 5,530

Enjoy your week everybody! I will try to check back in more often. I’ve definitely slacked off on that!

Definitely a successful week. Are you doing anything for spring break?

cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 152 pounds
    CW 151 pounds

Awesome loss! All your dancing is paying off!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! I hope you are all geared up for a great week! Here's my check-in:

3/27:
    Calories: 1,164
    Exercise: 70 minutes of elliptical and 30 minutes of Pilates and stretching
    Steps: 11,846

@rwood566 Hopefully, you will find a great job - even though you have been out of the workplace for a while. The good news is that the job market is really tight right now - employers are desperate for people - so that will definitely help you!

@mszoueb I have always hated cooking so I used to eat all of my meals at restaurants or take-out. I lost my weight because I changed that completely. I do my weekly shop on Saturday mornings and then prep all of my food for the week over the weekend. It has made a huge difference for me.

@28Haveitall2020 Nice loss - don't beat yourself up about the exercise and binge - you still lost weight and today is a new day!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @MeowScout
    Is there any hobbies you do to keep yourself busy? I know evenings and nights I can’t sleep are danger zones when it comes to snacking. I am always looking for new ways to distract myself. You can do this!

@rwood566
    Can the veteran affairs help you with the job hunt? Good luck on finding work. Make a plan on how to deal with eating while in this new phase of your life.

@mszoueb
    How many days a week are you doing meal prep? Maybe instead of totally getting rid of it cut it down to a few days a week and meal prep the rest. I have been eating out more lately myself as we all eat out before we play cards. One trick is we pick a restaurant that has the calorie count on the menu. This way I can plan ahead of time what I will be eating and adjust the rest of the day accordingly.

@28Haveitall2020
    Fantastic loss! Sounds like you have a good plan for the week. Overall, do you find your binges are less frequent?

@Morethanjustanumber
    Yesterday was a lazy day. I didn’t come close to my step goal. We all deserve lazy days!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ❌Close Rings
    ❌Steps 3,174
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 974/1500

I also had a lazy day yesterday. All my daughters animals decided it would be fun to entertain me all night. It’s quite startling to wake up to a black lab standing on your chest. I decided when I got home I was doing nothing. It’s winter here again. We have had snow squalls since Saturday. I don’t want to walk to the pool house so I am switching things up and riding the exercise bike today.

Happy Monday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question
    How do you determine your calorie goal? Do you let mfp decide it? How often do you update your calorie goal? (ie: every 5 pounds lost ) What do you set your activity level to and why?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Question
    How do you determine your calorie goal? Do you let mfp decide it? How often do you update your calorie goal? (ie: every 5 pounds lost ) What do you set your activity level to and why?

At first I let MFP decide my calorie goal ...they said I should be eating over 2000 (which I did for a while but was gaining gaining gaining ... Now I set it to 1500 and I have been losing every week ... I set it that I would like to lose a pound a week ... I was updating it every 5 lbs but now I do it monthly ...I can not remember what I set my activity level to ... I set it to 5 workouts per week for 130 minutes each...but I have not been walking since my fall ...My plan was going today for a walk but it is pouring down rain with thunder and lightning this afternoon ... so now my plan is to do some at home dvd today...
  • peng123
    Options
    Question

Since I had so much weight to lose, I began the process by visiting my doctor. He's the one who prescribed a daily calorie goal of 1,100-1,200. My calorie goals are still at that level - even though I have reached my technical goal weight. I seem to be holding onto some extra weight around my middle - so I've made an appointment with my doctor to see what next steps are - he might change the levels then. With regard to my activity, I try to get to the standard, moderate activity level for the week - which is 3-5 moderate workouts per week - and I try to burn 500 extra calories per day on workout days.
  • peng123
    Options
    Hi Downsizers! Our great friend, @rwood566, is trending today - take a minute to read his story and the comments down below - so inspirational!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10859452/3-years-of-life-changing

Cara
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great losses everyone!!!! This is the first time I've been CONSISTENT with logging in my food/water, etc for 30+ days. That alone is a great lifestyle new normal routine. *Pats self on back*

Ok, so now the steps:
    3/26: 3,827
    3/27: Zero
    Stayed in calorie range both days.

Creating a "healthy habit" has been fun so far. It's as if, I steer clear of fast food. I don't want it, because I'm scared if I eat it, my intestines would blow up because I've been eating so clean. The bloating has gone even more and my pants are loose again. Being "regular" has helped too.

Grandkids came up and we had a great time with them. They enjoyed the street races. Countdown until vacation. Heading to Seattle next Monday.
  • peng123
    Options
    @melissadreed903 Congratulations on the consistency - it's key to getting healthy - great job!!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Mar 28, 2022)
    PW: 225.4
    CW: 226.5
    SW: 240

After a week and a half in West Palm Beach, St. Augustine, Tampa, Ft . Lauderdale and Miami with a little wining, dining and even indoor skydiving, I'll take a 1.5 lb gain without any regret. I got lots of steps in between the beach, national monuments, surrounding residential areas and even on a ghost tour (silly but fun). Sorry I don't have any good pictures to share - we've not had a chance to pick out the ones from the indoor skydiving company and the rest of the good ones apparently are on Susan's phone - I have a bunch of pictures of iguanas (there's a lot of them in a few walking spots on Singer Island where we stayed, a lighthouse we visited (248 steps to the top!) etc. which aren't worth sharing). I'll have to do better next time.

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,778 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    PW 221
    CW 225

Inflammation, from eating things I shouldn't and I am all puffy. I feel it and I know it will come off after a few days being home. Not as bad as it has been in the past but not the best either.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    3/20-11456
    3/21-6331
    3/22-10744
    3/23-16291
    3/24-7498
    3/25-10129
    3/26-10959
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/28:
    Steps - 12547
    calories - 1720 or close. Light lunch, salmon fillet and rice.
    Exercise - 5km walk this morning and shopping.

Thank you all for the support on my job search.
This discussion has been closed.