This March I Will...

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
edited February 2022 in Social Groups
hetuz2pll8ok.jpg

Hello Everyone and Hello March!

March is a favorite month of mine. There's more daylight, more warmth, and the promise of Spring on the horizon. Even if us cold-climate dwellers have to slog through mud season first, warmer days, open windows, grilling, gardening, and outdoor exercising will be returning soon. I can't wait!

Since our February theme of identity-based habits resonated so well with the group, let's continue this focus into March. If you are just joining us and are unfamiliar with identity based habits, please read the intro to our February challenge.

Looking forward to hearing what you'll be working on this month and who you want to become!

Let's make March a great month!

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie
@themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017

Additional Resources:
Identity-Based Habits: How to Actually Stick to Your Goals This Year
QuickStart Guide to Identity-Based Habits

New to Our Group and Habit Building?
Please read our Newcomer's Guide and our Nuts and Bolts of Habit Building. They will help make your habit stick!

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie

My daughter brought her VR round for me to try out. 🥰 I’m seriously considering getting one. It was so much fun.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    🪴🌟🪴🌱🌟🌱🪴🌟🪴
    🪴BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🪴
    🪴🌱FEBRUARY 2022 🌱🪴
    🪴🌟🪴UPDATE🪴🌟🪴
    🪴🌟🪴🌱🌟🌱🪴🌟🪴

2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    🔹consolidate current habits
    🔹Explore Identity-based Habit setting
    🔹Solid Habits 28/28

In February, after I do my 1st workout of the day
    …I will do > 15 minutes of flex exercises.
    28/28
    (Yoga/Tai Chi/Pilates etc)
    Instant Reward: draw a star on my tracker.
    (I love to see those squares fill up 😂)
    Long term reward: 3 sheets of birthday peel-offs if I complete the month.
    Extra reward: finding it easier to lace up my shoes/trainers 😂
    🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️
    I have been doing a flex workout immediately after my morning cardio workout, plus various stretches before/after exercises sessions. It’s fairly well established now, so feeling accomplished about February

🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰
    🐥🐰BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🐰🐥
    🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰MARCH🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰
    🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰🐥🐰
    Looking ahead to March, I am investigating positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.

The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.

March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: x ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ Streak: 4

🦄 Terri

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie

My daughter brought her VR round for me to try out. 🥰 I’m seriously considering getting one. It was so much fun.

What kind of system does VP "play off of" ? I know one needs the goggles to "see the world" and perhaps gloves or some other connected accessory so that the system can register arm &or leg movement, but apart from that .... what does getting set up for this kind of thing require?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Identity-based habit for March (scaled waaaaay back from 3 unrelated identities in Feb 🙄😔)

I am a person who keeps a tidy kitchen.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy March! Denise, I agree....I love March for the same reasons. Today in Wisconsin it is 40 degrees and sunny! Spring fever is in full swing in my brain...

I love the identity-based habit idea! Mine is focused on only eating when hungry and stopping at enough...

I am a person who only eats to enough.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Tracie in WI
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

What kind of system does VP "play off of" ? I know one needs the goggles to "see the world" and perhaps gloves or some other connected accessory so that the system can register arm &or leg movement, but apart from that .... what does getting set up for this kind of thing require?

She has Oculus prime goggles. The two handsets had a joysticks, triggers etc, and you could also grasp things and lift them. She played the system through our Wi-Fi using her iPhone.

I was able to manipulate items quite well after minimal practice.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

🔹Solid Habits 1/31

Investigating positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.

March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 1 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ Streak: 5

🦄 Terri
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I had a miserable February but March is going to be a better month.
    I am a person who will have toned arms.
    I am a person who does daily devotions.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @77tes You retired? Congratulations!!! Oh, I'll bet you are loving it! Do you feel a bit lost? I'm still trying to find my new purpose... :blush:

@TerriRichardson112 My son has Oculus Prime. I put the goggles on once and it was so cool! I felt unsteady a bit but it was like I was in a Jurrasic Park movie, and those dinosaurs were close enough to touch! So fun! He did mention that there are things he puts on that really work off the calories. I've been thinking about getting the set for here but keep telling myself I'm too old for toys... :wink:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Identity-based habit for March (scaled waaaaay back from 3 unrelated identities in Feb 🙄) :
    I am a person who keeps a tidy kitchen. Level of tidiness permitted to vary at first, so long as I SHOW UP and at LEAST "sort / stack dishes and put food items back in pantry / cupboards ... "

Monthly report: (Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of 🍽 its a Pass Day; if there is a ✈ I am overseas and [currently assuming] unable to report)
    UAC: 🍽-🍽-3-4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈-✈
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 My son has Oculus Prime. I put the goggles on once and it was so cool! I felt unsteady a bit but it was like I was in a Jurrasic Park movie, and those dinosaurs were close enough to touch! So fun! He did mention that there are things he puts on that really work off the calories. I've been thinking about getting the set for here but keep telling myself I'm too old for toys... :wink:

You are so NOT too old. My daughter is in her 50s I’m much older, and I’m thinking of getting it. It definitely can burn the calories.

I am a person who regularly indulges my inner child 😝

@77tes Congratulations!!! I am busier than ever, since retiring. The difference is I do what I want to do, not what I have to do.
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

🔹Solid Habits 2/31

Investigating positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?

March I will…
    Me: 2 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~
    Streak: 6

🦄 Terri
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    Jan 22 thru Mar 1
    Calories 37/40
    Sodium✔️ 38/40 avg 1,000mg ❤️Low
    Protein✔️ 31/40 avg is perfect❤️
    Sat Fat✔️ 34/40 avg 11g ❤️Low
    Fiber✔️ 40/40 avg perfect ❤️

identity habits: 27/27 ✅
    shorten calls/online posting times (as needed)
    My time is valuable.
    Setting clear boundaries - finally💕

24/27 days 3😘
    😘 = not tracked to gram, but tracked
    Will keep tracking this!

27/27 steps - Steep hike today!! Very pleased. Feeling stronger.

27/27 freggies yes!

24.4 BMI < 24.9 ✔️
    In my Maintenance Range? YES🎉✔️

Continuing for now ❤️
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hello! I just finished reading the resources listed above regarding Identity-Based Habits, so I will need to think more about setting my March Identity-Based Habit that I'd like to build.

I do want one of my identities to reflect that I am a person who stops eating at enough; but I don't know how to measure that in small actions, so I'm going to look at February's thread to get a better idea of how to best set these and I'll come back and set my REAL habit change for March!

I hope that isn't too confusing...my brain is like a squirrel sometimes and only I can understand how it is working. :mrgreen:
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    So, I’m sitting watching TV, and suddenly I notice that it’s after 9 pm, and I haven’t eaten 2 of the items I logged for after dinner.

I still have loads of calories left, but then, I realise that I’m not actually hungry, and I am now a person who refrains from eating after 9 pm.

Identity-based habits are a powerful force for behaviour modification. I have deleted the two items. I don’t need them.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    So, I’m sitting watching TV, and suddenly I notice that it’s after 9 pm, and I haven’t eaten 2 of the items I logged for after dinner.

I still have loads of calories left, but then, I realise that I’m not actually hungry, and I am now a person who refrains from eating after 9 pm.

Identity-based habits are a powerful force for behaviour modification. I have deleted the two items. I don’t need them.

Yes, they are @TerriRichardson112 !

I’m so grateful to @themedalist for introducing us to them❣️