This March I Will...

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,323 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I am a person who regularly indulges my inner child.
    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿธ
    ๐ŸธBUILDING HEALTHY HABITS๐Ÿธ
    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸฐMARCH๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿธ

2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    ๐Ÿ”นconsolidate current habits
    ๐Ÿ”นExplore Identity-based Habit setting
    ๐Ÿ”นSolid Habits 5/31

Investigating positive Identity-based habits.
    Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.

The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    March I willโ€ฆ
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 5 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 9)
    I have similar problems with TV and internet time ๐Ÿ˜ Working on limiting time.
    ๐Ÿฆ„ Terri

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,687 Member
    Options
    My work on laundry is doing wonders not that I ever neglected it I would just leave it all folded in the spare bedroom so I have been putting mine away and leaving the others on their respective beds. Mailโ€ฆwell I have to go to the post office to get ours as there is no delivery to your house soโ€ฆ.I have not gone since last week maybe tomorrow. My exercise is doing well and my me time today I played guitar.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Not a perfect week, but still a good one.

Week 1 Mar 1-6:๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ’ช
    Week 1 Mar 1-6:๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™โ˜˜ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thnx for the info @themedalist.

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I am a person who appreciates time to relax each day, but also wants to be productive and not waste time. Therefore, I will:
    1. Set a timer so that within 1.5 hours of first sip of coffee, I am done sitting. I will then get up and do my stretching.
    2. I will put time limits on my iPad for certain apps so that I cannot waste hours accomplishing nothing.
    3. I will keep a to-do list for easy reference. [/list

2 days - check, check, and check
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸฐMARCH๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿธ

๐Ÿ”นSolid Habits 5/31

Who am I?

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    March I willโ€ฆ
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 7 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 11)

I had a Rotten day today, but had a lovely dinner for DEDโ€™s 52nd birthday ๐Ÿฅณ

๐Ÿฆ„ Terri

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Sorry about your rotten day, congrats on DED's 52nd birthday.

Yesterday I walked and did arm exercises. Today it was a rain/snow mix, and since I couldn't do arms (supposed to have a day of rest in between), I decided to do some ab exercises. After work I did 20 minutes on the indoor bike.
    Mar 1-6 Exerciseโ˜˜ ๐Ÿ€ โ˜˜ ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ€ โ˜˜
    Mar 1-6 Devotionโ˜˜ ๐Ÿ€ โ˜˜ ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ€ โ˜˜
    Mar 7-13 Exercise โ˜˜ 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Mar 7-13 Devotionโ˜˜ 8 9 10 11 12 13
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in. Yesterday I didn't feel like taking a walk, so I didn't go. Today, my dog came up wanting to go at about 3:00 and I was going to skip again because it snowed today and "I didn't feel like it". Well, my dog, Maddie, has gone for a walk 8 days in a row at 3:15 pm so in her mind that means we should do it every day now. So she stayed on my heels until I finally put on my walking shoes and grabbed the leash. It occurred to me as I was walking something I've heard on podcasts...if you wait until you FEEL like doing something, you'll never do it. You have to just do it because you will never feel like doing something that doesn't come natural to you. I have to keep reminding myself of that! I enjoyed it, of course, once I was out...it was actually putting on my shoes and coat that was the hardest part! :) Good thing I have a little blue heeler to herd me toward my shoes....

I am a person who only eats until she has had enough.
    • Make a 24-hour plan in the morning
    • Ask myself "Am I really hungry?" before I eat.
    • Pay attention to my hunger signals as I eat..."Have I had enough?"
    March 1-4: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    March 5-11: :smile: :smile: :smile:

NEW:
    I am becoming a person who gets exercise every day.
    • Set an alarm on my phone for 3:00 pm to put on my walking shoes.
    • Alarm at 3:15--out the door for a walk. If rain, go downstairs for DVD or Body Groove dance.
    March 1-4: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    March 5-11: :smile: :confounded::smile:

I am a retired person who enjoys morning coffee time but limits the amount of time wasted watching TV.
    • I will set an alarm for 1.5 hours of coffee time.
    • I will set be showered and dressed by the time Tim gets back from walking the dog.
    March 5-11: :smile: :smile: :confounded:
    [/quote]

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Yay! I figured out my identity-based habit - Iโ€™m a dancer and a caller. So, Iโ€™m going to try incorporating dancing/ calling practice into my daily routine. ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I attended a dance weekend March 5-6, so a lot of my other habits got ignored, but my dancer/caller mind is enthusiastic. I just started tracking this habit in the center of my tracker.

tnxcbbucv5av.jpeg

Also, my 1000 hours outside challenge is going strong. I have done 100 so far this year.

59pf0x25xpkl.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld
    Yay! Welcome aboard!
    ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    Quick Update: All my habits are going great.

Iโ€™m going to track sleep Hours this week to see how itโ€™s going

• TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸฐMARCH 2022๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿธ

๐Ÿ”นSolid Habits 7/31

Who am I?

March I willโ€ฆ
    Me: 7 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 11)

Last night I played with DYDโ€™s two dogs.

๐Ÿ˜Ž Today is a new day ๐Ÿ˜Ž

๐Ÿฆ„ Terri
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    6th and 7th
    Been doing great with habits esp considering I've been sick. The jogging has really helped me sweat it out. Also there has been alot of thunderstorms here so got on the treadmill instead of a road jog. I find the treadmill hard but did it! Been worrying a tad more than I'd like but glad I am aware of it so that's a win considering I'm about to go back to work in a week after being on mat leave. Have increased my workouts in the last 2 weeks for the 1st time since November and that has made me feel really good. Love focusing on habits cos wat i reliased is that wen u focus on habits u make less excuses... if the old Donna was sick or going thru a stressful period there would be no chance that i wld still get up for a workout or journal write etc everything wld go on hold till I got over that crisis but now i just keep on keeping on.Xox
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Identity-based habit for March (scaled waaaaay back from 3 unrelated identities in Feb ๐Ÿ™„) :
    I am a person who keeps a tidy kitchen. Level of tidiness permitted to vary at first, so long as I SHOW UP and at LEAST "sort / stack dishes and put food items back in pantry / cupboards ... "

Monthly report: (Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of ๐Ÿฝ its a Pass Day; if there is a โœˆ I am overseas and [currently assuming] unable to report)
    UAC: ๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

๐Ÿ”นSolid Habits 7/31

Who am I?

March I willโ€ฆ
    Me: 9 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 13)

๐Ÿฆ„ Terri
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Identity-based habit for March (scaled waaaaay back from 3 unrelated identities in Feb ๐Ÿ™„) :
    I am a person who keeps a tidy kitchen. Level of tidiness permitted to vary at first, so long as I SHOW UP and at LEAST "sort / stack dishes and put food items back in pantry / cupboards ... "

Monthly report: (Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of ๐Ÿฝ its a Pass Day; if there is a โœˆ I am overseas and [currently assuming] unable to report)
    UAC: ๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Report 8th 9th and 10th
    All habits going well and the standing while eating is set reducing. Hve a great day and happy Friday peeps. Xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

๐Ÿ”นSolid Habits 10/31

Who am I?

March I willโ€ฆ
    Me: 10 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 14)

๐Ÿฆ„ Terri
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2022
    Options

๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ
    ๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-๐Ÿฝ-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17
    โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ-โœˆ (out of country March 18 - April 1)
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options

๐Ÿ”นSolid Habits 12/31

Who am I?

March I willโ€ฆ
    Me: 12 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 16)

๐Ÿฆ„ Terri