This March I Will...

Options

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I am a person who appreciates time to relax each day, but also wants to be productive and not waste time. Therefore, I will:
    1. Set a timer so that within 1.5 hours of first sip of coffee, I am done sitting. I will then get up and do my stretching.
    2. I will put time limits on my iPad for certain apps so that I cannot waste hours accomplishing nothing.
    3. I will keep a to-do list for easy reference. [/list

This has been a game changer for me. I have been so productive this week, which makes me so satisfied at the end of the day. Setting screen time limits has been key.

@77tes - I want to know more about your photo! I love the dresses. I’m sure there’s a good story there.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    🔹consolidate current habits
    🔹Explore Identity-based Habit setting
    🔹Solid Habits 13/31

Investigating positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my mind body and spirit.
    The body needs adequate time each day to digest the food we eat.

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 13 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 17)

🦄 Terri
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    All of my habit work is progressing. My earring Whole Foods going well along with exercising. Already trying to plot out approach for April hope everyone has a good week
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld I do English Country dancing like in Jane Austen movies. My sister and I decided to try it when we started our “get fit journey.” We are both lovers of all things Jane Austen, so when we started looking for things to do together other than going out to lunch, we tried an English Country Dancing class, and the rest is history! After dancing at the twice a month classes for a year, we decided to attend our first Jane Austen Evening Ball. However, for that we needed ball gowns, so we each made a Regency dress, and so we got into historical costuming. 🤣. Is this sounding a little like the children’s book If You Give A Mouse a Cookie? Now, we are both on our dance community’s steering committee, are dance callers, and my sister is even taking piano lessons for Country dances.

The costume I was wearing in the last picture I posted is not one I made because I needed a quick Victorian outfit before Christmas and didn’t have time to make one. I ordered the skirt and blouse from Etsy. I did make the belt and the mask cover. It was the first time I wore hoops for dancing, and that is lots of fun. All my previous costumes were Regency or American Colonial.

Habits update - tracking my dancing/calling practice has been wonderful. I had to teach/call 4 dances on Friday, and since I’m a fledgling caller, I needed that daily work. I realize my tracker looks pretty blank, but dancing on Friday night followed by my husband’s eightieth birthday bash on Saturday, cut into a few habits. I have no regrets! 😊

fa8syf9dr6sq.jpeg
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Weekend report: All is going well except for food goals. Had friends stay over on w/e so think the nerves, excitement and being out of routine got me off track. Back on track now though. Xo

I am a woman that challenges herself wen workouts become easy.

I am a mother who makes my toddler laugh everyday.

I am a person who always sits down to eat her meals.

I am a woman who does not feel the need to over explain herself.

I am a soul that takes care of her wellbeing by doing self development, journaling, mediatating, reading, praying and practising gratitude.

I am a person that distracts herself from worrying.

I am a person who pretracks her food and does intentional exersice on the weekend.

I am a person who takes progess measurments fortnightly.

• donna25trinity
    Options
    14th and 15th March
    Habits on track. Sat while ate today but not yest. Xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

🔹Solid Habits 15/31

Who am I?

One of the things that many of us (myself included) struggle with is late night snacking on food that we do not need. I have noticed the insidious midnight munchies creeping back again lately.
    March I will…
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm to assist efficient overnight digestion of food
    Me: 15 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 19)

Just finished putting my groceries away, and chilling before lunch.

@77tes Your decision has born such interesting fruit. Quite find if Jane Austin myself.

@donna25trinity Sometimes, we need to let our hair down 😂 So long as it’s temporary it’s good.

🦄 Terri

• donna25trinity
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

🔹Solid Habits 15/31

Who am I?

March I will…
    Me: 15 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 19)

Just finished putting my groceries away, and chilling before lunch.

@77tes Your decision has born such interesting fruit. Quite find if Jane Austin myself.

@donna25trinity Sometimes, we need to let our hair down 😂 So long as it’s temporary it’s good.

🦄 Terri

You are spot on @TerriRichardson112 xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

🔹Solid Habits 15/31

Who am I?

March I will…
    Me: 17 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 21)

MFP seems to be glitchy again. Posting photos is suddenly problematic.
    🦄 Terri

• donna25trinity
    Options
    16th and 17th
    All habits done accept eat ing while standing it's def not as often though. Xo
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2022
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

🔹Solid Habits 18/31

Who am I?

March I will…
    Me: 18 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 22)

🦄 Terri
  • annstebbing
    annstebbing Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. Would like to build some new habits but need to work out this whole system first.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Hi Ann. Welcome to the group. We’re all on a learning curve here. There’s lots of help if you want it.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

🔹Solid Habits 18/31

Who am I?

March I will…
    Me: 19 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 23)

🦄 Terri
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,102 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. Would like to build some new habits but need to work out this whole system first.

@annstebbing Hi Ann!
    Look at the posts at the top for some guidance & feel free to ask questions!

Okay have us have found tackling a single, easier habit at first works best. The add a couple more etc. Takes a bit of time to figure it all out, so patience is a virtue! But the results are spectacular!!

🌸Maddie
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Didn't mediate or stretch on Fri and had a pass day from food today. Xo
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,186 Member
    Options
    Oh Denise - my heart goes out to you and to your Mom. 💗 Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping something can help to break through to reach and support your mom (and you 💛).
    @themedalist
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,186 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I have been keeping up with my tiny habits that are helping with my chosen identity for March: “I am a human being (not a human doing)…”

Had to kickstart an “I am a person who does not procrastinate” mindset mid-month to address some aspects of “being” that were creating personal tension. Had I not adopted this “human being rather than human doing” mindset earlier in March, I am positive that I would have missed the opportunity to self-correct in a kinder way. I have been able to do a slight shift in focus without retreating back to “do, do, do….” and getting lost in that again. Key for me has been choosing a very small number of simple small habits, and allowing myself the “one day” intention setting to accomplish two small tasks that contribute to my well-being. This is working very well for me right now and life feels much less frantic and stressful.

Every morning:
    Set two intentions for the day.

Every evening:
    Reflect and assess progress; have the opportunity to self-correct.

I am using my Notes function on my iPhone to make a daily checklists (stored in a note for that week) and to help limit myself as to what I intend to accomplish that day.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰MARCH 2022🐰🐥🐸
    🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸🐥🐰🐥🐸

@themedalist (((hugs))) Having elderly parents is such a worry.

🔹Solid Habits 20/31

Who am I?

March I will…
    Me: 20 ~|~ LNS: 0 ~|~ (Streak: 24)

🦄 Terri