Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember!

What do you like to do for fun? Read, Bodybuilding

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Currently Charlotte, NC, but may move this summer.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get in a regular workout schedule with weight lifting

Anything else you would like to share? My husband is seeking a pastorate, so we will likely move soon, but we don't know where yet. We are in contact with a church in Chicago.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Never. This is my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Hang out with family and friends. Go on vacation as much as possible.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, CA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get started on a routine. AGAIN.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm back after several years of letting go. Would like to shed a total of 30 Lbs slowly but surely.
  • KitinToronto
    KitinToronto Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This is my first one! I'm not exactly sure what the rules are? We're just trying to lose 5% in 8 weeks, is that it?

What do you like to do for fun?

I make art, bead, love to read, play with my dog. :)

I live in Canada, actually. Southern Ontario.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?

I want to focus on getting strong and supple. And hopefully lose some weight while I'm at it. ;)

Anything else you would like to share?

I started losing weight last year, and lost about 60 pounds. Unfortunately, due to long covid, I took a couple of months off at the beginning of the year and gained 15 pounds back between January and now. :( Proof once again that this a life long commitment!
  • VickyKae
    VickyKae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Read. Play at gardening.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Minneapolis MN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Weight down by 1 lb. per week--and not starve doing it.

Anything else you would like to share? Doctor just advised my A1C is 6.5, right at the start of diabetes. I am just starting to learn how to keep carb counts down, and I'm trying to exercise more. It's got to happen!
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? many, many. If I were on SparkPeople I would have looked up my start date.

What do you like to do for fun? Walking and gaming, reading recipes. I have simplified my cooking since the pandemic, but DH and I discuss which cooking method is best for any particular food, so that might seem complicated to other people. My current trend is to take leftovers and create burritos with them in the airfryer. Due to inflation, I have become an expert at dissecting rotisserie chicken for a variety of meals; seriously, it's less expensive to buy a large pre-cooked chicken than it is to buy raw chicken and cook it!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Baltimore, MD

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To rebuild gradually in core strength, other strength training, and aerobic ability. Over the past few years, my body developed some bizarre overuse issues, and I had to heal from them before pressing on. I NEED to be stronger to avoid surprise injuries. ... one of the stages of aging, that teaches us to respect our bodies.

Anything else you would like to share? By the time the challenge begins, I will have lasted one year of raising a Brittany Spaniel puppy. Daisy may top off at 35 pounds, 25 less than our previous Portuguese Water Dog, but we have learned that a hunting breed is even stronger, and more erratic in behavior. She is too smart for her own good. She's finally mellowing a bit.
  • Dgrodis
    Dgrodis Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot

What do you like to do for fun? Day trips are my favorite, yard sales flea markets

What major city do you live in or near? State? Lehighton, Pa

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To firm up my belly flab and eat healthy and exercise so I can remain NED

Anything else you would like to share? I will be cancer free (NED) a year next month. :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, play cards, latch hook

What major city do you live in or near? State? London, Ontario

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to exercise 5 to 6 days a week. I think I will up my move and exercise goals on my Apple Watch.

Anything else you would like to share? I have lost my motivation and need to get back on track. Looking forward to the challenge.
  • SUNSHINEandSPRINKLES
    SUNSHINEandSPRINKLES Posts: 61 Member
    Options

This is my first challenge.
    I live in Wisconsin. Closest major city would be Minneapolis Minnesota.

My goal is to lose 1-2 sizes and continue to work on my fitness.

I'm 52 and want to continue to be able to chase my grandkids around as I age.

I also I'm doing everything I can to get healthier and hopefully not end up with Alzheimer's like my mom grandmother and only Aunt on that side.
  • luv2dns2
    luv2dns2 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I live in north central British Columbia, Canada.
    My goal is to achieve a healthy weight, which is about 10 pounds less that it is now. I want to do that by continuing to eat healthy food, just less of it, to cut back on treats and to exercise more often and in a more vigorous way.
    One exercise I enjoy very much is swimming, which is easy in the lake in summer. I might use the pool more often to do this.
    Walking is the exercise I do regularly. I'd like to add some more sports to that.
    Indoors, I play music and dance. Zumba used to be a favorite class I attended, but there isn't any Zumba class here now.
    I enjoy cooking, so we rarely eat out.
    Every summer we have our daughters visiting with their families, which we love. Our son lives nearby with his family which is very special for us, too. Aren't grandchildren wonderful!
    My husband and I enjoy our rural life, nature all around us and a beautiful view from every window. We are very grateful.
    As a former "Spark" member, I enjoy finding those old "friends" on this site. There is a lot of support for people to achieve their goals.
    Good luck to us all!
  • Imnotstoppin
    Imnotstoppin Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? However many there were since 2020

What do you like to do for fun? Backyard bird feeding, nature walks, having fun with my grandkids

What major city do you live in or near? State? Inland Empire, California

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? lose 7-10 lbs this year

Anything else you would like to share? Doing things with old friends and new friends makes me happy

What do you like to do for fun? Going to scenic places, going on family outings. Enjoy YouTube videos

Anything else you would like to share? I LOVE THE 5% CHALLENGES
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Too many to remember

What do you like to do for fun? Garden, Photography, hike with my dog

What major city do you live in or near? State? Palmdale, California

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get back to business. I have been slacking.

Anything else you would like to share? I look forward to the warmer weather, as I love to be outdoors.
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This is my first one. Have had the MFP app for a while, but never really used it b/f. My sister encouraged me to do the 5% challenge.

Wow, there’s a lot. I love hanging with my grandkids, music (playing instruments and singing), reading, involved in my church, traveling, scuba diving, riding my Harley, and probably more. I’m retired so have time to do all these things. 😂

Green Bay WI

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    To tone muscles more (weights 3x/wk) and lose extra weight gradually.

I am still slowly trying to figure MFP out, so any tips would be appreciated. I’d also love to connect with other RHCS members. My 2 sisters are on a different team.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,466 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Been doing 5% challenges since 2014

What do you like to do for fun? play computer games, read, go to lunch with friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Major City Dallas, Texas, actually live in rural area Brownsboro

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Getting back on track especially with exercise

Anything else you would like to share? We just moved here in Nov 2021. Took a while to get settled and my emotions showed, gained 20 lbs.
  • CateMary19
    CateMary19 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? First one on MFP, but did maybe 15 on SP

What do you like to do for fun? Garden, walk, play with the grandkids, travel, watch football

What major city do you live in or near? Hyannis State? Massachusetts

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get back to my goal weight

• fhamshawhart
    fhamshawhart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I'm new to this app and these challenges, so this is my first one!

What do you like to do for fun? I'm really into history and kpop :)

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm British, living in England. I'm in Hull city

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'm hoping to lose weight

[/quote]

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that I've done about four.

Photography, friends, gardening, pets, and reading.

St. Louis, Missouri

I want to stay as active as possible, eat healthy, and balance my life.

I love the people who participate! So many supportive and caring folks.