pictures

Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,926 Member
    Options
    400lbs on the top shelf, 320lbs on the lower. No flex or observed issues. It rolls with relative ease... although let's face it... moving +700lbs means it starts off slowly.

v5lht79atjv6.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I put up some Christmas lights. I should probably go buy a wreath or something too. I don't think I'll bother with a tree...

jbmjdzpgqtmk.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The trim pieces, nicely painted with primer...

ty3bf1xr0xaj.png

And the post, likewise primed...

udhrr66ibiud.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Trim attached and handrail secured. I will trim the other side too. Although the trim isn't structural, it makes the stairs look more "complete" so to speak...

fawddz9k75of.png

w29axbhcs5vx.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I reorganized so I could get unfettered access to the other side of the stairwell...

r10d4v5gs3w2.png

So here we go...

g27as7tl2cao.png

Hmmm....

e8uqevh5dhkr.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Let there be light... or rather LED lights...

12duunuisvuz.png

Picture from the opposite perspective... As you can see, there is one more bulb to be swapped out but I've taken all of Home Depot's stock of these LED light strips. lol

ouymfw9j3cbr.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Sump pump well...

4zcvmllv3u1n.png

Under-stairs shelves...

3hcvi0z0fe4h.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I'm not sure how I feel about this... lol

pw405xj7799e.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I've mentioned hauling pellets for the pellet stove. Here's the beast...

On the left is an oil-fired boiler which is piped to baseboard radiators... the red unit to the right is the pellet-fired boiler which is the primary distribution heat source; the brown and tan unit is the pellet stove which runs in parallel to the oil stove.

Parallel means the pellet stove supplies hot water to the hot side of the oil stove... and draws from the cool side... but the oil stove does the distribution. So when the pellet stove is on, the oil stove rarely fires up, if ever... just distributes...

5sqmlkaghqof.jpg

The brown part on the front is the hopper where I load pellets. The hopper holds four bags (160lbs) and a worm-drive at the bottom feeds pellets into an automatic firebox. This is the mouth of the firebox.

1nc32ame8n22.png

The holes insure airflow through the burning pellets. After the pellets are burned, there is a small amount of ash left which falls to a collector box in the base. After every ton of pellets burned, as per manufacturer's instructions, I empty the ashes and clean up all parts of the stove, including the firebox which is why I have these pictures. lol

Looking into the throat of the firebox, you can see the worm drive. The hopper is hinged on the left side (facing it) in order to make maintenance easy. Very neat and efficient system!!

8gv9j2m0qd77.png
  • UncleMac
    edited January 2023
    Options
    My cobbled together "solution" to move the downspout at the rear of the house from being too close to the foundation. If you look closely, you can see where I added the 3ft section at the bottom. The slope of the property doesn't go toward the house so I'm baffled why it wasn't far enough from the foundation??

The weird part was the downspout was aimed at the wrong end of the concrete landing pad. I used the shovel and popped the pad, then moved it out further. You can see where I removed the pad became a puddle.

ayo7lhazy6ii.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Pride comes before the fall... I was thinking everything was going soooo well... but alas!!

mn1nr2vzit11.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The longer screws made the difference. Reassembled the organizer and placed it into the soon-to-be supply closet. The largest scratch was on one of the shelves so I flipped the unit upside-down...

The top shelf isn't yet attached. I'm trying to decide whether to cut the baseboards and screw the unit against the wall... or just leave it free-standing.

mukb9tjvn1d8.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I removed the slat and a portion of baseboard on the left side of the closet, as well as notching the lower edge of the organizer so it fits over the baseboards at the back... Once I fitted it inside, I put two screws into a stud... and it's rock solid!! I need to cut a couple of shelves to size... not sure how many... 2 or 3?

gyfo990iyfqu.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I installed the last light fixture... and the tech installed the water softener & salt container this morning...

qxmfi9h92130.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    After supper, I was still feeling energetic so I installed two sets of shelves in the garage... each is four feet long; so the two sets of shelves is eight feet... I bought four sets so I will install the other two on the other side of the garage... I'm planning to remove the awful cabinets built poorly by the previous owner. The guy really liked to use 2x4s to build things...

s8hq0fg7ti8l.png

14o3jijuaaqr.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Shelves on the other side of the garage, close to the front...

p2istg65jiqa.png

9xg6neos1fcz.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Closet organizer finished and loaded...
    y7d3he4730h4.png

Garage shelves finished... not yet loaded...

mwyfabboqs8f.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The rests of my workout... lol

k9tqt5h8md9d.png
  • UncleMac
    Options
    The weird-*kitten* cabinet thingy... After I pulled the plywood off the top, I decided to take a picture...

jxz6bvwk93gw.png

Okay two pictures...

ga8ls1oaeec5.png
  • DogloverTerri
    DogloverTerri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow. Love love those shelves ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘