"Clean" Definition?

Options
Hello!

I signed up for MFP Premium about 3 weeks back. Been logging my food and weight everyday. Just started to explore these groups and was interested in this one.

I was looking for a pinned post that described what this group considers "clean". One of my main questions is does it include ALL added sugars? I've been avoiding cakes, cookies, donuts, pastries, etc. But what about my Aussie bites?
Tagged:

Replies

• johnsoper6205
    johnsoper6205 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This actually was a question ;)

If anyone can give me their perspective that would be great! Thanks! :)
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don’t know how many people are here frankly but I think clean means different things to different people. As far as I can tell that is. I just joined this group too. I’m doing keto and experimenting with fasting so clean to me is ‘real food’ I am avoiding all the keto treats and processed foods. On the other hand my guilty pleasure is Diet Coke which I drink one can most days with dinner. I’m sure that’s not clean by many standards. Probably poison! Lol.
  • sadalmond
    sadalmond Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think clean eating by most people's standards is removing all added sugars and processed foods and snacks. You can have the pastries if you add natural sugars to them so you probably would need to learn a little baking at home.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,667 Member
    Options
    For me, clean eating is "no highly-processed" foods - though in practise, I will include canned beans, and cheese and yogurt in my diet, all of which are processed - but they simplify things so much.

My ultimate goal would be to lose the canned beans and dairy - but I'm pretty healthy with the dairy and don't have the gumption to make the change....yet.