tahm42 Posts: 4,759 Member
    yes for 3
    0/3 pass days
  • Tuesday
    Exercise: Yes - peloton bike 60 minutes
    Tracked all: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
    (4/3 pass days used)
    I joined this group April 5th, and I am counting April 1-4 as pass days.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,041 Member
    Tuesday April 5

✅✅✅
    70 minutes walking; 7.7km; 11,500+ steps

I have my activity level set to lightly active and do allow myself to eat some of my exercise calories on the days I have a higher burn (and when want to have some — sometimes I don’t). This has worked for me so far.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,705 Member
    05/04/2022

Exercise – yes.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes

No pass days yet.
  • lesdarts180
  • lesdarts180
    Coming here and reporting regardless, Champions in the making!

@Winner_in_Life,
    @jmu1965 – look after yourself
    @ashleycarole86,
    @strength3335 – eating your exercise calories is the “MFP way”, but it does depend on your activity setting. I found it quite difficult to identify my activity. Keep experimenting, you will get there.
    @Lynn_W
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Tuesday
    Exercise: Yes - peloton bike 60 minutes
    Tracked all: Yes
    Calories under: Yes
    (4/3 pass days used)
    I joined this group April 5th, and I am counting April 1-4 as pass days.

WELCOME @Sumner100Christ_follower !! You don't have to count those days as pass days, since you had not joined yet. I like your username!! <3 Great job on the Peloton bike!!
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,442 Member
    ~💐~ 4 / 5 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ April BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 210+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 26,730 +.......... 180 = walking ......... 30 Cleaning...

1-2-3-4-5-

💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success In March 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    April 5:
    ✅✅✅ exercise was 20 mins walking inside the building at work. It rained all.day.long today.

@lesdarts180 Lesley, great opener!! Thank you!

For the most part, I usually do not eat back my exercise calories, in fact, for awhile I had the link turned off so that it wouldn’t add the exercise calories back into my (eating) calories for the day. It’s helpful for me, or my monkey brain looks at that number and says “Oh Lookie!! I still have more calories to use – I can eat MORE!! Lol. As others have said, if/when I do harder workouts (or #icecreamwalks ), then I will sometimes eat back a portion of those calories!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    Yes x3 bub had been sick and awake for 3 nights hvent went for my run or did weights for last 2 days. I'll get back into it tomz hopefully. I'll catch up on posts tomz
  • lesdarts180
    More successful reports:

@MadisonMolly2017, @calvin20874,
    @SummerSkier, @DebyS137,
    @Maggie_MJ, @Mrs_Hoffer,
    @donna25trinity – hope that little one is better soon!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    April 5 report: ❌✅❌ (exercise - 10 mins arm exercises and ... not much else. Mind and body are (still) convinced that I am working 1:30 - 9:30 pm / eating supper ~ 11:30 pm ... / all food tracked / only ~20 over on the cals today, (if the setting allowed my fitbit to throw up a "negative adjustment" between what I logged/ate and truly burned.... the difference would have been higher)

Monthly report: ❌❌✅✅❌

What I have been doing re exercise calorie count for the past several months is ... let the Fitbit figure it out. It is synced with MFP, and is in my pocket from the moment I get up&dressed until bedtime. I log "1 minute walking" to cover all variations of exergame / walking out of doors etc, and credit myself with only 1 cal / minute for non-step-based things like arm or abs exercise video sessions.

The fitbit ONLY throws "activity credits" onto my MFP Exercise Log if there is sufficient gap between what I logged as eaten, and what the fitbit logs as "total calories burned so far (including breathing" so what it posts is kindalike the idea of the TDEE or BMR of that day. I am set for as low a "goal loss per week" rate as I can figure out how to make the two register, but Lightly Active (based on my USUAL Daily Steps average)

Whether I eat any of the "fitbit activity-credits" depends on mood / time left in the day / how much was "earned". I don't usually mind leaving ~ 100 cals "in the pot" so to speak, but also use this as a check that I am getting ENOUGH fuel.

And "right up to the activity-credit threshold" (especially on rare special-occasion days with a calorific dessert - but extra exergame burn earlier in the day) still counts as "not needing a pass".

Since getting back from UK .... my 3-day step total so far is less than my normal one-day average for the past few months. With fewer flights of stairs - more compact house-plan - much flatter terrain. 😔