Spring Into a New You (May 2022 Challenge)

Options
123457»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    guess what happened? :joy: Back up to 168.2. No reason. Just to be mean, I guess. Scrambling to ready 6 people before 5pm. And procrastinating over coffee trying to center myself.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    New challenge thread:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865491/jump-in-june-2022-challenge/p1?new=1

I'm going to be gone on the trip by this evening. If anyone posts a scam or ad in the group as a whole, please everyone Flag it as Spam because admins can take care of it. Any other trouble will have to sit until Tuesday. I have no cell service at the state park at which we'll be staying.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Survived the annual BBQ. Did not have to man the dessert table. Was at the door greeting everyone. About 120 people showed up so a decent turn out. Even though not behind the dessert table some how the extras managed to make it home. Not happy with that, but when your DH owns the company and 3 of your kids are helping it seems the left over desserts some how got in my car. :( and to top it off last night ate about 2 cupcakes and couple brownies. Interesting though - if I logged everything correctly my carbs were 12% of my food intake that day and the scale showed 153.8 We will see what tomorrow brings.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    No exercise the last two days apart from a short walk yesterday, Thursday was so busy at work and I finished late. Relentless meetings to hand things over as my employer decided to move my redundancy date forward to the 31st. On the good side it means I’m free to start another job as soon as I find one.

I did get out yesterday to the local shop so at least got a little walk in. Hoping I can get a new job soon and settle into a new routine with my exercise. It’s all gone a bit off plan this month but that’s life.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Did a half hour full body workout, wanted something a bit more energetic than the Pilates. I chose a routine that focuses more on the upper body to avoid any issues with my hip. I think this might be the perfect routine for me, a mix of different exercise routines each week.
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Really have slipped up the last few days. Way too many carbs and I am feeling it today. Getting back on track and knowing that it is not worth it to cheat with the sweets.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Glad to be back and Thank you @baconslave for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 now, Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. For challenges my official weigh in day is Sunday. I weigh daily.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs 100 lbs lost of 133 lb goal
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs

5/1/22-158.8 lbs. :-( I can't believe this with all the Elliptical miles Friday, yesterday and stayed way under calories for what I was allotted. Has to be water weight retention. Hoping for a whoosh soon. Did Elliptical 300 minutes for 22.3 miles in first session and 54 minutes for 4.2 miles for 26.5 miles total today. Hopefully that gets me heading downward again. (Did long times on Friday 228 minutes and Saturday 240 minutes too.)
    5/8/22- 148 lbs :-) So glad for the whoosh of mainly water weight finally off from my OK trip! Still doing long elliptical hours on my off work days.
    5/15/22- 159.6 lbs. Well a short lived whoosh! I know its mainly water weight. Had more carbs the last 2 dinners than my usual. Glad I didn't hit the 160's! Elliptical today 130 minutes for 10 miles.
    5/21/22- 157.4 lbs No real exercise today. Driving 3 hours to the "Thunder over Dover (Delaware)" Air show today. The Blue Angels & the Thunderbirds are performing for the first time together. It was great as I expected, as I've seen them both before, and just got back a bit ago. Long day in 90+ degree heat. Least there was a bit of a breeze at times. And lots of places to sit under aircraft wings, in their shade. If you haven't and get the opportunity to see them or the Snowbirds of Canada, it is well worth a drive and amazing to see at least once in your life.
    5/22/22-156.2 lbs Got a bit of sunburn from yesterday, cheeks, nose, upper chest area front and back and a bit of light pink on my arms. Guess I should have applied my sunscreen a few more times. We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon, so mowed my grass. I figure I can be on the Elliptical when it's raining. Did 180 minutes for 13.2 miles. Hadn't been on it since last Sunday, as Dr appointment Tuesday AM and errands all afternoon into early evening. I don't work tomorrow till 10, so if I get to bed soon I may do an hour or 2 before work.

5/29/22-155.6 lbs :-( I was 153.6 lbs for a few days prior, then I had a piece of my granddaughters second birthday cake yesterday. A red velvet with cream cheese icing made by her other grandma.

I didn't start out thinking I would do this. But when I got to about 15 miles on my Elliptical today, I realized since I have to babysit @ 5:30-9 tonight, I wouldn't get a second session in today. And decided to try for something. I wish I knew how up upload photos to the site, to show you. I DID 337 MINUTES ON THE ELLIPTICAL FOR 26.25 MILES. AND I FEEL FINE. GREAT ACTUALLY! As far as any plan this is most likely a one time thing. Just wanted to see if I could do it.
  • melmerritt33
    Options
    Short walk yesterday and Pilates today. That wraps up May for me as I’ll have a rest day tomorrow.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Scale is still a jerk but I got in an 18 mile bike ride yesterday. Will do some strength on lunch today since heat and humidity are the rule of the day LOL. Tomorrow should be more manageable.

Closing out May with goals unmet but summer is here so I have no complaints. Ready to Jump into June.
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Ended the month poorly. Too many nights eating out. The goal was to try to get out of the 150's but instead ended at 156.8. I know what I need to do and what works . . . so buckling down for June! I will be out of the 150's!