MAY 2022 CHALLENGES -- 05/01 -- 0531

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,853 Member
    Options
    Swimming lessons in California sounds like a must. The 100's! To early for that. Chris you should get a hat with a flashlight. Walk at 00 dark. Much cooler then.

Rocky tilled the new garden some. Took out lots of rocks. Will amend later. Lots of compost and manure to add. Walked the dogs today. Then when shopping for supplies. Decided to make the new trellis identical to the existing one. New clematis is pink and red, double. I just love all the vertical flowering plants. I wish they were fragrant. Perfume? I could spray it on them. B)

Shell
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,234 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    May 31 goal weight: 169.9

Apr 30 ending: 175.6
    May 1: 175.9
    May 9: 175.8
    May 16: 174.8
    May 23: 176.0 ugh
    May 31:

Kathy

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,281 Member
    Options
    Shelley, when Pat was walking with me we would get up and walk in the middle of the night. Dark makes me crazy, tho. He likes it because it's cool and breezy. Give me sunshine!! Not 100 degrees but cool sunshine.
    Kathy, I'm with you...UGH!!! My weight has sky-rocketed! I am so bummed. Back on track today...sigh.
    I'll be seeing my trainer at noon today. Should be a new workout.
    Later, my friends
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I used to jog in the dark. Footing could be dicey. But it was the only time I could.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Shelley - your gardens looks great! Can't wait to see them in bloom. I got all of my urns done Sunday and then of course a severe thunderstorm blew through. Story of my life lol!

I'm going to grab a sunrise yoga class at 7am this morning before work. I pushed back a call....feeling like I need it!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Full body strength training workout at PF. Then went to park for a 3 mile walk.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Kathy great workout. Great for mind and body.

Karen thanks. I should take photos from the street. I understand your frustration over the storm. Two of my roses got caught in last weekend's late frost. Burnt the leaves!

Rocky helped me put up my new trellis. Decided it should be just like the other one. I like things to rhyme. We started to amend the soil. Lots of work there. Still need to move the little lace leaf peony. We had to order the border for pouring the edge. No one had it in town.

Our neighbor put a small lost dog in her home. Rocky listed it and within minutes the owner responded. The little guy crossed 2 busy streets to get to our homes. Lucky little guy. Some kind of miniature breed. Australian shepherd? Brightest blue eyes.

Have to check on my new clematis. Still has not shipped. Hmmm, what to do with a trellis and no clematis? Buy a new one. ;)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Did 60 mins with my trainer this afternoon. Over 100 again today. I hope tomorrow morning is cooler. I need to walk!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I hope you can get your walk in.

My mom and the rest of the family is over vivid now. Glad they are all in the clear. I went to a nursery after work. They did not have the clematis I ordered. But they did have a nice one. Now where will I put it? ;) I will find a spot. Rocky grilled a buffalo tenderloin for dinner. With a sweet potato. Add some green beans and call it dinner. Yum.

I am sending prayers to all the victims and their loved ones in Texas. I know you are all doing the same.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Wednesday was a 45 minute swim lesson and 30 minutes treadmill at PF along with an abs workout.

Kathy
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Grabbed a few pics of my flowers yesterday....can't wait to see them when they fully bloom. Mom buys this fertilizer from QVC that she swears by....calls it her "magic elixir." It seems to really nourish the flowers. I'm excited about the herbs...basil, rosemary and sage!

6cd2fq600sbe.jpg

Karen9m3mth65jei6.jpg
    qi7a27d154pt.jpg
    tngs1y7e9blx.jpg
  • kjs1228
    Options
    I am heading to Atlanta for the long weekend. My BFF's youngest daughter is graduating high school. She's like a daughter to me. Will be nice to get away for a bit. Life has been stressful .
    Will try to control myself with the food and drink!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Water aerobics class - 60 minutes. Birthday lunch with my BFF.

Karen what part of Atlanta are you visiting…the city or the surrounding metro area? I can’t let one of my fitness sisters come to Atlanta without the possibly of a quick hello. I’m sure you will be very busy and honestly so is my weekend. But let me know if you have any time to possibly meet? I’m preparing for Punta Cana. Leaving Tuesday for my birthday trip.

Kathy
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Swim lesson - 45 minutes and walk - 60 minutes. Need to start packing for sure. Taking parents to Great-grandson’s all-star game tomorrow.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Shelley, my heart is broken for they folks in Texas. I have so many bad words for what happened. And so many questions as to how and why?
    Karen your flowers are so pretty!!
    Kathy and Karen, hope you guys can get together. Paula and I got together a long time back when she was close to me.
    Got my walk in yesterday...6.36 miles in 125 mins. It was pretty outside...not too hot because I went out at 9:00 in the morning!!
    Got to sleep until 8:00 this morning. The kids went to Disneyland for the weekend. Pics a bit scary for Grandma...crowd not wearing masks...ugh!! The kids promised to be very careful.
    Going to see my trainer at noon today.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Last swim lesson before vacation - 45 minutes, 60 minute walk.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got 6.47 miles done in 121 mins in the very strong wind!! Beautiful day!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I love the hibiscus the most Karen. Beautiful. Glad you had a great trip. Post some photos.

Kathy when I head that way it will be to see you. Got to meet at a beach. I will be the redhead in jeans and a large hat to keep from burning. You will be in a dress, sandals and kewl shades. I would know you anywhere.

Chris this covid strain isn't as bad. Wishing them all well.

Been busy gardening. Almost ready to pour the concrete edge for my newest garden bed. Going to Colorado tomorrow. Will be looking for anything fun for the garden. My daughter Sanara is coming. And 2 close friends.

Chris there will always be questions and finger pointing when tragedies like that happen. I just wish all schools would be on lockdown while in session. No one can stand up to an assault rifle. And police are reactive. We can't do anything until something has already happened. Check points at schools could help. I am sickened by all the pain that was caused.

Night all,
    Hug your loved ones

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Kathy - my friends live in Acworth, Georgia. Where are you? I have been on a such a whirlwind I didn't even think about it. I fly out tomorrow...would be so great to say!

We just hiked lake Allatoona...3.5 miles. Was great! I've certainly eaten enough....

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Didn't walk today. Made a grocery delivery order and waited for it to be delivered then sat down to read!! Will walk tomorrow. My trainer's daughter has tested positive for covid. My trainer tested negative, but I am not going tomorrow...maybe Wednesday, we'll see.
    Chris