Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Your hard work has paid off! I am so proud of you. Enjoy onderland!

7a2h3zew9twz.jpeg

Thank you so much Linda ... I haven't been in the 1's since 2008/2009 when I lost 78 lbs on here .. it feels great :)

I knew you were going to be there this week. Do you feel comfortable posting transformation pictures?

Thanks Linda ... I am not comfy in my own skin just yet..maybe down the road I will be to post pics of myself ... I tend to steer clear of cameras
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

7a2h3zew9twz.jpeg

Thank you so much Linda ... I haven't been in the 1's since 2008/2009 when I lost 78 lbs on here .. it feels great :)

I knew you were going to be there this week. Do you feel comfortable posting transformation pictures?

Thanks Linda ... I am not comfy in my own skin just yet..maybe down the road I will be to post pics of myself ... I tend to steer clear of cameras

I understand. I have very few pictures with my kids were young as I hated getting my picture taken. I still do but I try to get some with my grandkids.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

7a2h3zew9twz.jpeg

I understand. I have very few pictures with my kids were young as I hated getting my picture taken. I still do but I try to get some with my grandkids.

Thanks for understanding ...I was 120 in high school ...I ballooned up with both pregnancies ...at one point I was close to 280 ...I did well in 2008/2009 but I was also much younger ...I am proud of my accomplishments ... now if I can just stick to it and finally finish my journey ( I have never finished before)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all
    Calories - 1991. Still high but starting to control better.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 congrats on reaching one-derland. You have been thru so much to finally reach it.
    @peng123 good luck at the stand tomorrow. I hope you run out of animals by noon.
    @lindamtuck2018 glad to hear about your hubby. Good luck with your plastic referral.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 congrats on reaching one-derland. You have been thru so much to finally reach it.

Thank you so much Roger :) I hope you are recovering nicely and will be back with us soon :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!

@PatriceFitnessPal has stepped up as Motivator for Team Shape Shifters. I am sure that some of you have seen Patrice on the group challenges where she is both a fantastic inspiration and generous with encouragement, ideas, and knowledge. Thanks from all of us Patrice! Your team is very lucky :smiley:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 5,545
    Exercise: mini walks

Getting ready to go grocery shopping. I have a massage today and we have to drop a few things at my daughters. I am still really tired today so hopefully this afternoon I have enough energy to go to the pool. It’s going to be hot here again today. I can’t believe I had to turn the air conditioning on this early. Have a fun Saturday!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/13
    Step count 9402

@lindamtuck2018

I get steps in where ever I can. I try to walk for exercise 1-2.5 miles per day outside weather permitting. Beyond that I do little things, I pace while I am waiting - on the microwave, or coffee marker, I take the long way everywhere even where it is only a few extra steps, if I want to go to the kitchen instead of going straight there I loop down the hall and through the dining room, if I am going somewhere I park in an inconvenient spot to get extra steps, when I put away the laundry I carry one type of thing at a time instead of as much as I can to make multiple trips, when I water the plants I use a gallon jug that I keep refilling and carry it around the yard instead of using the hose, I do step/dance exercise when it is not good weather for outside walking, I try not to sit for more than an hour at a time and at least get up and walk the house a couple of times each hour and finally I volunteer at a charity thrift shop three afternoons a week most days in addition to standing I get a few thousand steps in walking around the store.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 5/14

PW 230.6
    CW 228.8

Loss 1.8

I was at or below 230 all week! I really watched my carbs this week except for two days, eating out an Italian restaurant I did have pasta and one night I had baked beans but other than that aimed for around 50 carbs from veggies with no breads, rice, potatoes, or added sugars.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 5/14

PW 230.6
    CW 228.8

Loss 1.8

I was at or below 230 all week! I really watched my carbs this week except for two days, eating out an Italian restaurant I did have pasta and one night I had baked beans but other than that aimed for around 50 carbs from veggies with no breads, rice, potatoes, or added sugars.

Great loss ...Congrats Jean :)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    it is a beautiful warm sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to everyone! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated today. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i will be heading out in a while to spend some time near the water. i like to spend time near the water whenever i can. i will be dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Morethanjustanumber
    Awesome loss! I love all the ways you have found to get added steps. It’s amazing the ways we can get extra steps.

@cormierannie
    Good idea to stay hydrated. It is pretty warm in London so I am sure you guys are having the same heat.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    The May Week 3 Challenge is up and ready to roll for Sunday:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10864503/may-week-3-challenge-fight-sitting-disease/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, Downsizers!

I'm just dropping by quickly to check-in - am at the adoption stand today.

5/13:
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 12,081

I stuck to my plan yesterday - so far, so good today! I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Cara
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 158.8
    CW: 156.6
    Headed in the right direction but I responded by eating candy and way too much pizza tonight... Back on track in the morning.

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 hey hun ok my starting weight is below I have also changed my weigh in day for Monday
    At the start of the week I was 264 I will update tomorrow on my weeks loss as I know I have dropped from that!!!
    Feeling good right now and back in the zone and so is my weight loss buddy so onwards and downwards...lets do this
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Mother's Day, Downsizers! All our our guests have headed home and I am playing catch up! I'm pleased to report that I stuck to my planned eating through the birthday and Mother's Day celebrations.

5/7:
    Calories: 1,185
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 12,897

@gharvey2753 Excellent attitude - let's smash this week!

@28Haveitall2020 Great loss this week - congrats!! I know what you mean about the food portioning.

@cormierannie Impressive loss - way to go!!

@Cheesy567 Your garden sounds amazing!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Cara

Thank you 😊. Happy belated Mother's day.x
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Hello.

Happy 😊 Sunday peeps.

28Haveitall

Weigh in day: Saturday

Pw: 253
    Cw: 252

Hope you are all doing well.