Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Steps: 6,464
    Exercise: mini walks

My doctors appointment was late yesterday as I missed the first time she called. Diabetes is still doing ok so I am good for 3 more months.
    I did a bunch of mini walks yesterday because of not gettIng to the pool. I am heading to the pool in a few minutes. My plan is laps, legs, abs and water exercises.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    gy725ng6maqb.jpeg

Tuesday
    @aactuallyaash

Wednesday
    @peng123
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

How many fruits and vegetables do you eat a day? What are you top three fruits and veggies?
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Question

How many fruits and vegetables do you eat a day? What are you top three fruits and veggies?

I like this question. I haven't really counted before but yesterday was a typical day-- blueberries with breakfast, strawberries with snack, had a wrap at lunch with lettuce, cucumber, carrots, and then had yellow squash with dinner.

I love to eat seasonally-- peaches and apricots from the farmers market are among my favorites. Figs too. Oh and cherries. Basically fruit is one of my favorite things. Ohh and freshly picked strawberries and blackberries (hard to come by here in NM but was a staple of my youth in North Carolina!).

As far as vegetables - in season heirloom tomatoes. Eggplant when it is cooked right (especially in Asian food). Shishito peppers maybe.

Just started putting my tomato seedlings in the garden this past Sunday! I went a little overboard and have 25 plants...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,096 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Congrats on being in the top three!

Thanks Linda and thank you for making the correction to Liselyn :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question

Since I am on keto and berries are the only fruit we are allowed to eat ... I do not eat many except occasionally I will make a fruit tart with berries ..or a berry smoothie ... Vegetables are the other hand I eat a salad almost daily ... instead of regular pasta I make zucchini noodles with alfredo sauce or pesto ....I eat eggplant ..cucumbers.. broccoli , cauliflower etc ..
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Thanks @lindamtuck2018 I try to pre-enter for the day, longer when I’m able but lately I struggle to see to tomorrow. I’ll have a goal of prelogging longer, it will be easier as I can get some routine to meals. Thank you for the tip and encouragement!

Yesterday I logged everything, walked the dog and exceeded my step count with activity too, had several freggies. I didn’t eat my prelogged dinner because of swallowing fatigue so I subbed a yogurt-Berry jar. I really use those as a go-to when I have them, so I’ll have to make more. My future self will thank me. I think I’ll add some oats since I have room for some carbs most days.

Have been getting a lot of misc tasks done, lots of overdue paperwork and scheduling household maintenance bids and contracts. Feels good to have the energy to get these things ticked off my to-do list!

I added “get soups out of the freezer” to my to do list, and “pull beef soup recipe” since I have a lot of beef stew meat in the freezer (buy in bulk from the farmer and haven’t used much of that lately). That’ll help get the ball rolling to make some soup or a curry or something later this week. I can use the soups from the freezer for the meantime.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

I definitely don’t eat enough. I have to start aiming for 5 to 6. I don’t each much fruit except apples and oranges. I do like almost any vegetables but quite a few don’t like me. My top three are brussel sprouts, mushrooms and most types of peppers. My absolute favourite is parsnip but I don’t count it as a vegetable as it’s so starchy.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    8-4125
    9-5234
    10-1748
    11-7920
    12-3104
    13-4333
    14-7430
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    aactuallyaash
    PW (Previous Weight): 214.2
    CW (Current Weight):216

being a woman is so hard :s
    <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ci63xkjvp3y2.jpg

MAY WEEK 2 RESULTS
    Top 5 Steppers Are:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 131,115 steps
    2nd @tahm42 127,202 steps
    3rd @peng123 102,187 steps
    4th @Jpedno 71,062 steps
    5th @lindamtuck2018 56,441 steps
    AMAZING JOB LADIES :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 633,731steps..that is 130,647 steps more than week 1
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @red1185 1/7
    @tahm42 7/7
    @peng123 6/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 6/7
    @Jpedno 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 2/7
    @Cheesy567 3/7
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Question

I eat a lot - usually 6-10 servings per day - mostly veggies - but in the summer, I increase my fruit servings as well.

I'm on the road for a couple of days - looking forward to getting back home and cooking for myself - having to stay in my calorie range while eating at restaurants or hotels for all three meals is tough!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for 5/16 11,567

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Cara
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Silly me .. I had the wrong starting weight on my ticker ... I had put 250.8 instead of 269 ...so my LTD is 70.7
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Question

i aim for every meal. fruit at breakfast, either for lunch - salad with no dressing preferred, veggies with dinner, and fruit at dessert. i don't have a favorite fruit, but i have been going after mangos the last 2 weeks since i haven't had them in a long time. favorite veggies are radish, baby carrots, green onions. routine salad fixings.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    good evening everyone. i hope your tuesday was calm. i stayed home today but still got lightheaded a couple times. i hate this and don't know what i can do since i don't know what is causing it. going to try a washing in the morning but after the last one, i am definately going to be nervous.
    calories - 1873 or close, i hope. i tried to log all of my snacking and believe i did, which also means i didn't snack as much as i have been. i made a tuna casserole for dinner and tried to figure out the calorie number. i then chose one from the list that was close to my total. my next appt is monday and i am hoping they remove my tubes. i told my family that when i am done with this i will take them out to dinner. there is a new restaurant just opening up by the v.a. hospital so i may try to get in there.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ... I hope everyone is doing good ... Aspen Alyssa and I are off for our early morning walk ... Be back later :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 13,304
    Exercise: swim, water e exercises, legs, abs and stretching

I had a good workout yesterday. My speaker died so I only had music for half. Does anyone else find music motivates them while exercising? I am going to get some housework done and then head to the pool. It is going to be laps, arms, water exercises and stretching. As always, I will finish it off with a soak in the hot tub.

What a variety of fruits and veggies you all eat. A couple of you mentioned eggplant. I do like eggplant but never cooked it myself. How do you guys cook it?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    gy725ng6maqb.jpeg

Wednesday
    @peng123

Thursday
    @888Angie888
    @roz0810
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @peng123
    Will you be weighing in this week? I know you are travelling. That’s going to be the hardest part of my trip next week: eating within range.

@rwood566
    Have you tried the recipe builder on mfp? I use it to calculate the calories of every recipe I make.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Your LTD is correct on the spreadsheet. I didn’t have to make any changes.
This discussion has been closed.