Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    good evening everyone. i hope your weekends were restful.
    calories - 1917 or close. trying to control my snacking and trying different things to keep my mind off them.
    i am trying to walk a bit more each day, but my legs are getting bigger each time. tomorrow i see my dr for post op. don't see them taking the drains out since they are still producing way to much and are bloody. hopefully i will find out how much skin they took. i went into the grocery store today but pushed the cart. said hi to several people. i know my drains freak some people out. i really want to get back out there to walk as much as you all are but i know i have to heal first. about a month, if the paperwork is accurate.
    my sleep is horrid. if i sleep on the couch my left foot aches and if i sleep in the chair my right foot aches. why?? i have no clue. either place i try to sleep my bony *kitten* hurts as well since the bottom cushions are crushed down and old.

@tahm42 it sounds like a wonderful trip. congrats.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/15
    Step count 7321
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    @gharvey2753
    Well done having a birthday week loss! Have fun using your new birthday presents. Happy birthday!

@red1185
    It has to be busy getting ready for the end of the school year. Try not to tackle too many weight loss goals at once. Keeping it to one or two helps from becoming overwhelmed. Check in during the week to let us know how you are doing.

@aneedlecraft
    What is the one thing you can change to help get back on track?
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited May 2022
    rwood566 wrote: »
    good evening everyone. i hope your weekends were restful.
    calories - 1917 or close. trying to control my snacking and trying different things to keep my mind off them.
    i am trying to walk a bit more each day, but my legs are getting bigger each time. tomorrow i see my dr for post op. don't see them taking the drains out since they are still producing way to much and are bloody. hopefully i will find out how much skin they took. i went into the grocery store today but pushed the cart. said hi to several people. i know my drains freak some people out. i really want to get back out there to walk as much as you all are but i know i have to heal first. about a month, if the paperwork is accurate.
    my sleep is horrid. if i sleep on the couch my left foot aches and if i sleep in the chair my right foot aches. why?? i have no clue. either place i try to sleep my bony *kitten* hurts as well since the bottom cushions are crushed down and old.

@tahm42 it sounds like a wonderful trip. congrats.

Take your time healing. Don’t push it too much as you could set your recovery back. Is there anywhere else you can sleep?
    jayenguk wrote: »
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Monday
    PW 264
    CW 253.8

Highest Weight 317

yasssssss 10 pounds down for my first week back well chuffed!

Fantastic loss!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/15
    Step count 7321

Amazing steps!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited May 2022
    Late weigh-in @lindamtuck2018
    PW 233.4
    CW 231.0

Steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/8: 3548
    5/9: 3592
    5/10: 4569
    5/11: 3769
    5/12: 6443
    5/13: 6055
    5/14: 5032

My tracking has been dismal! I’m usually 95% or more; this week, maybe last week, I’ve missed several meals and even days. Some stressors and more busy-ness than usual, more brain fog too probably as a result. My neuro has me weaning down prednisone, I don’t know if that’s impacting the cognitive stuff or not

I need to make some yogurt-fruit cups which can be grab-and-go meals and snacks, and start using my bullet journal to keep my daily life and some meal planning on-track. Revert back to repetitive meals and save energy with meal planning and prep. Soup batches to last a week help with that, I recall.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! I will be doing a lot of traveling this week - so just a quick check-in:

5/15:
    Calories: in range
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 16,757

It looks like we have some amazing weight loss this week - and lots of people hitting the reset button to get back on track. Great job everyone!

I will try to check-in each day - but - my schedule is going to be crazy.

Have a great week, everyone!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 12,777
    Exercise: some laps, arms, water exercises and stretches

Not my most intense workout but I moved. I did stretching to complete my workout. I then ended the workout on my watch and did a lot of gentle stretching. It’s been awhile since I did that. I am still tired but I have more energy than the last few days. I am waiting for the doctor to call for my diabetic check. They gave me a two hour window from 10 to 12 that she may call in.

Have a great Monday!
  • lindamtuck2018
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    since the bottom cushions are crushed down and old.

@rwood566 I hope you can find a newer, more comfortable chair… you’ve come so far and your new body shape probably needs a whole new type of support and comfort. There’s a Habitat for Humanity Restore in my town that often has great furniture finds, and they’ll deliver/ pickup for me since I can’t lift or carry.

Healing is hard work, remember that resting is an important activity too. Are there arm exercises you can do while resting? Keep up the great work!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited May 2022
    9jvvxlx3ybna.jpeg
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,770 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    tahm42
    PW 227
    CW 230

Figured I would have a water gain. It is time to get back on track with what I am eating and feel better.
    Swam 1625m this morning. Lifted heavy this morning. felt good to be back in routine.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    Just got back from 177 minute walk ... 6.59 miles.. I love love love my early walks ...we leave the house no later than 5:30am :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

wkabrunmor5k.png
    ysltlu7xao0x.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    pcvh6e8bqsfb.png

By Pounds
    vtsura4kcm25.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8h02zk09pczk.png

By Pounds
    fdymyybfojvs.png
    aig6wcbubovz.png

Team Winners
    jxurmpgzn5iv.png

So sorry about an error this morning when I did the tallies! @Megan_smartiepants1970 should have been in 3rd place for your team with her 0.95% loss! She is also among the honorable mentions - so cue up the round of applause! I apologize :heart:
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    I dont remember when I posted steps last so I’ll do all last week. @Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/8 13,618
    5/9 5,485
    5/10 12,147
    5/11 8,429
    5/12 10,645
    5/13 6,253
    5/14 14,485

5/15 19,336

Went for a short hike today after work to see the claret cup cactus blooming… at my house we had a brief rain. Not enough but at least something. Fires still burning all over the state.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. Another horrible Monday hit.
    Got washed up for my Dr appt and almost blacked out. Daughter had to hold me up. Bad start that only got worse. Lightheaded on and off thru the day, almost fell in the hospital from dizzy, lots of pain in the exam room leading to another serious lightheaded time. Then almost fell leaving hospital and was lightheaded this evening. To try and fight it, I ate. And ate.
    Calories - 2113 at least. I tried to log it all.
    I saw the incisions for the first time and they are the length of my thighs. A little seepage but no infections. They took one drain out and my pump off. Next Monday, now.

@lindamtuck2018 I managed to lie on the couch last night. Didn't sleep well but neither foot hurt.
    @Cheesy567 the shops here are pretty much out of decent second hand. Huge influx of refugees from the middle east and then Europe. I will keep looking. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    good morning all from sunny UK … so yes finally I feel in the zone week 2 back on track here we go ..I feel determined now and my weight loss buddy and I want to aim for 5stone loss = 70 pounds … I think once I have lost that I will almost be at a level I might be happy with we will see. Right now my mini goal is to get below 200 pounds by September.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 308 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (May 16, 2022)
    PW: 228.4
    CW: 229.3
    SW: 240

Apologies for the late entry - we went out and celebrated having our daughter moving back for the summer - she graduated from Indiana University last week and is still waiting to hear about back from the different school districts about a job offer (she's going into elementary school teaching). Anyway we moved her back on Saturday and went out to dinner on Sunday night. I love Italian food, but it doesn't love me back (0.9 lb gain on Monday morning). :(
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Cheesy567
    Awesome loss! One thing that helps me to track is to pre log my meals. I have up to Friday logged right now and the only thing I need to do is adjust the serving sizes as I weigh them. Sounds like you have a plan to help with your week.

@peng123
    Safe travels!

@tahm42
    Nice swim!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Congrats on being in the top three!

@Jpedno
    Great steps! I looked up a picture of the cactus and it’s beautiful.

@rwood566
    That does sound like a horrible day. Keep logging your food and looking for ways to reduce the snacking. Have you been doing diamond art lately? Maybe that or a puzzle might be a distraction.

@jimboden3
    I get belly bloat every time I eat pasta. I am sure the gain will be gone over the next few days. Enjoy your summer with your daughter.

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/16
    Step count 11,094
This discussion has been closed.