Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
0lpapixbuoun.png
Here is your Team chat room for May 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The May challenge runs from May 1 - 28. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers May team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970. Our motivator is the very inspirational Cara aka @peng123.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children(ages 35, 36 and 31) I also have 4 beautiful granddaughters. Two live here in Ontario and the other two in Scotland. I am hoping to get to Scotland in November. My granddaughters are one of my reasons for trying to get healthy. I have two very fat cats, Nick and Lady.

I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F since the beginning. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting but I have never given up. My biggest victory since starting is I am no longer insulin dependent. My fitness is limited to what I can do in the pool as I am unable to walk any distance due to nerve issues in my back and neuropathy pain.

My May goals:
    1. Finish the month with a loss
    2. Keep my calorie goal at 1550 average for the week
    3. Walk minimum 3 times per week
    4. Step goal 5k
    5. Take a rest day at least once per week
    6. Most important, have compassion for myself
  • lindamtuck2018
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. Read her introduction above for more information.

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    The May Week 1 Group Challenge "Pass It On" is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, May 1st and will run through Saturday, May 7th. Please join us in the Group's Chatroom for a challenging and fun event all week long! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863372/may-week-1-group-challenge-pass-it-on/p1?new=1

Special thanks to @PatriceFitnessPal for the wonderful idea! Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Hi Team

Weigh inday Saturday
    Feeling sick and binging to soothe didn't help.

Pw 249.2
    Cw 254

28Haveitall
  • lindamtuck2018
    @roz0810
    Very successful April!

@gharvey2753
    Congrats on reaching a new decade!

@28Haveitall2020
    Focus on the new week. Put the binges behind you. I hope you are feeling better.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 6,556
    Exercise: no exercise

I went to the mall yesterday with my granddaughter. I haven’t been able to do that for awhile. I used my walker and stayed about 90 minutes. Probably was a bit too long for my first time but the smiles on my granddaughters face was worth the pain I had last night and this morning. Off to the pool soon.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    edited May 2022
    lua2eykcydbb.png

My Sunday Friendly Reminder of the people's steps I need for April Week 4 ...Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening 5/3 so that I can post the entire month results ...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@tahm42 4/24 - 4/30
    @melissadreed903 4/24 -4/30

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning. I missed last week, oops!
    My weight came back down, which is good. My steps have been off, though. I’ve been so busy at work that I haven’t had my normal walking time, which is frustrating. We also haven’t been doing such a great job of cooking at home. End-of-the-semester is always so hard. I get busy and tired and don’t want to cook.

Last night, though, was nice. I actually had energy and made a roasted chicken, Brussels sprouts with bacon, and roasted vidalia onions. It was all so tasty and somewhat healthy lol.

Numbers for the week:
    PW: 165.4
    CW: 162.2
    LTD: 17.6 lbs

Steps:
    4/24: 3,616
    4/25: 7,331
    4/26: 5,237
    4/27: 6,756
    4/28: 6,082
    4/29: 4,808
    4/30: 3,459
    5/1: TBD

I have a lot of work to do to get caught up on my steps, tracking, etc; but at the end of the day: my clothes are fitting, my weight is still below where I started, and I stayed within my 5 lb fluctuation. My goal is definitely to get out of that 5 lb fluctuation cycle (160-165), but I’m going to take this week as a win and just keep going.

The countdown to the end of the school year is in FULL SWING: 18 school days left. I’m so excited!

Have a great week everybody!

If you would like to post last weeks steps so they count for the entire month ...You may do so ..Glad to see you back with us :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Hi, I am Jen in Santa Fe, NM. I’ve been a part of this group since maybe September? However I’ve had trouble making progress due to health issues… first my husband was really sick for a while and I was busy taking care of him, and I also have some chronic health issues myself. But I’m feeling a little better and hopeful lately. I’m working on couch to 5k in preparation for a half marathon in September in Oregon to celebrate my husband’s return to health (while raising money for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation).

I just completed week 5 day 1 of couch to 5k on the treadmill. Unfortunately there are several very bad wildfires in the area so the air is not conducive to running outside right now—

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    4/30 11,976
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,407 Member
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 151 pounds
    CW: 151 pounds
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

dwmv1jr3ab1m.png