50 and need accountability

Options
1Rocknrobin
1Rocknrobin Posts: 6 Member
Hey all. New to the group. Just turned 50 and struggling with keeping on track. Any ideas on this? I really need accountability.

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    @1Rocknrobin Looks like the group isn’t as active. Hope you found the motivation and discipline you were looking for. If you have, let me know!!! In the same boat and trying to get my act together before summer!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    @1rockingrobin, unfortunately, I personally think accountability, motivation, and discipline are individual sports, not team sports. IOW, I need to find my own accountability, motivation, discipline. No one else can deliver those things to me.

It helps me to be self-accountable, though, if I participate on threads here in the community that help me reinforce my individual, personal practices. Exactly what works differs by individual, but one thing I do is post workouts in this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10705619/what-was-your-work-out-today#latest

That's not the only possibility, there are lots of options here, and the key is to find the tactics that help *you*.

My advice would be not to dilute your personal power by off-loading responsibility to others. You are the one who can achieve your goals, and others watching you do that may be inspired by you (family, friends, even strangers on MFP).

In my view, that's the direction the energy flows: You find *your power* to accomplish goals, and that *may* inspire others. You may find others to inspire you, too . . . but IMO, my accountability, willpower, discipline, consistency - that's all about me controlling me, taking responsibility for me. YMMV.
  • 1Rocknrobin
    Options
    Thank you Ann.
  • 1Rocknrobin
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim Not too many replies. But those other sites I am on have responded and linked Apple watches with others. That has definitely helped. Just keeping in touch with others on their journey has helped me as well. I guess you can say I have found my power and that is inspiring others as well as holding myself accountable.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    @1Rocknrobin Glad you found something that helped. Not sure what your goal is or how far you are away from reaching it but there is a very small group of women who post daily - weight, meals, workout, struggles etc - and that has helped me. I think it’s for women not too far away from goal or not that heavy to begin with but don’t think it matters. Feel free to join!! If I knew how I’d invite you but it’s called “not that heavy girls” I think. And the thread is “daily accountability moment”. If you’re interested or can’t figure it out, I can see if I can send a link??? Keep me posted!