Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable can you share your first name as I like to add it too the spreadsheet.
    Also, I am curious how you choose your username and the meaning behind it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,551 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot my weight

PW 203.2
    CW 203

Very small loss but I will take it considering I was 206.2 on Tuesday.

Every bit counts so well done :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    With Covid restrictions easing we are experiencing more social interactions.
    Summer is around the corner bringing vacations, family barbecues, Canada Day, July 4th, etc.
    What are your strategies for handling these situations?

I invite friends over and I do the bbq-ing ..looking forward to entertain again I sure do miss it
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Days-Friday
    PW: 191.3
    CW: 188.9 (yesterday's weight because I thought yesterday was Friday :o ...loss 2.4 lbs )
    LTD 80.1

Awesome loss! Do you only weigh once a week? I weigh daily but maybe I should go back to once a week.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/2
    Step count 7365

Great stepping!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2022
    Options
    With Covid restrictions easing we are experiencing more social interactions.
    Summer is around the corner bringing vacations, family barbecues, Canada Day, July 4th, etc.
    What are your strategies for handling these situations?

I am still trying to figure this out. For restaurants, I look at the menu online and choose something based on the calories before we go. I also cover my food with a napkin once I am satisfied to keep from mindless eating. I may start bringing my own salads to get togethers. For my upcoming vacation I will practice mindful eating and won’t be logging. I will be stealing some of your guys strategies.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Awesome loss! Do you only weigh once a week? I weigh daily but maybe I should go back to once a week.

Thanks Linda .....I use to weigh in daily ... but I became very obsessive with it so now I weigh in weekly and it seems to help
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Friday Weigh In Day!

chrissyinbloom
    PW 230.3
    CW 231.0
    Total Loss: 12.7

I've been emotionally eating. I'm having a hard time controlling this. Any tips??

Happy Friday everyone, hope you have a fabulous weekend!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday Weigh In Day!

chrissyinbloom
    PW 230.3
    CW 231.0
    Total Loss: 12.7

I've been emotionally eating. I'm having a hard time controlling this. Any tips??

Happy Friday everyone, hope you have a fabulous weekend!

It is something I struggle with myself. Stress can send me on a big binge. I the case of stress, I try to avoid it. I can eat for any emotion. I will try to distract myself. Preferably with something that keeps my hands busy. I try to keep tempting food out of reach or my husband will hide it. Other things I have been told is to brush my teeth. You could go for a walk. Another idea is to have a healthy snack. Journaling is something other people have used. Maybe listen to a podcast on emotional eating. A lot of people have suggested the book called The Beck Diet Solution. I have the workbook and the book. I need to start reading it. I got mine on Amazon.

The biggest thing I was told when it comes to emotional/binge eating is to have compassion for myself. It is important to put it behind us. If we beat ourselves up about the emotional eating we will never get out of the cycle. Also, take it one moment at a time. You can do this.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/2: 18,679
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I messed up on your steps ... I have 6623 on the 29th 12666 on the 30th ..can you tell me 5/31 and 6/1 please?
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,801 Member
    Options
    Today was a hot one in Charleston SC. Swam a mile in a luke warm pool. Yes red faced and sweaty while swimming. It has been a long time since I have done that. After that I met up with my trainer and we walked her neighborhood. She just about had a heat exhaustion as she did not bring water with her. Cut things short at 3 miles because she got ashy faced.Got her home and hydrated and made sure she was good to leave on her own. Been hungry ever since. Samsung says I burned a 1000+ calories before lunch. Now to listen to the storms rolling through. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable can you share your first name as I like to add it too the spreadsheet.

My name is Roger and my screen name is my top weight. Not very thoughtful but I wasn't sure I would stay on mfp.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Survived a day out with ace wraps. Painful and still ballooned.
    Calories - 2487 or close. Tried to log everything today. Homemade stir fry for lunch and homemade chili for dinner.
    I had a video chat with one of my doctors this afternoon and he explained why they don't want me on a diuretic. Seems it will lower my b/p which would aggravate my hypotension and possibly make me black out more. I am OK with it now that it was explained. There may be something I can use a few hours a day to help with my swelling. I hope to find out more next week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

My name is Megan ...I chose my screen name because my name is Megan.. I am a smartiepants and I was born in 1970...
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Boom! Over 18k step. Amazing!

tahm42 wrote: »
    Today was a hot one in Charleston SC. Swam a mile in a luke warm pool. Yes red faced and sweaty while swimming. It has been a long time since I have done that. After that I met up with my trainer and we walked her neighborhood. She just about had a heat exhaustion as she did not bring water with her. Cut things short at 3 miles because she got ashy faced.Got her home and hydrated and made sure she was good to leave on her own. Been hungry ever since. Samsung says I burned a 1000+ calories before lunch. Now to listen to the storms rolling through. Have a great weekend everyone.

I love the calories burnt for swimming. I get mad that walking and water aerobics are so much lower. Swimming a mile in warm water is hard so I am impressed. They keep our pool between 83 to 86 degrees. When the heater wasn’t working correctly, I was delighted when it went below 80. It went up to 93 for a couple of days and I wouldn’t do laps. Water is certainly important when exercising especially in heat. They say you should have hydration while swimming but I always forget my water.

What was your burn for the swim?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Survived a day out with ace wraps. Painful and still ballooned.
    Calories - 2487 or close. Tried to log everything today. Homemade stir fry for lunch and homemade chili for dinner.
    I had a video chat with one of my doctors this afternoon and he explained why they don't want me on a diuretic. Seems it will lower my b/p which would aggravate my hypotension and possibly make me black out more. I am OK with it now that it was explained. There may be something I can use a few hours a day to help with my swelling. I hope to find out more next week.

That makes sense about the blood pressure. Hope you can reduce the swelling. All that homemade food sounds delicious. Making me hungry and I still have a few hours before I can eat. What do you put in your chili?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 14,124
    exercise: lots of water play and walking
    log food: yes

Have you ever swam a length of a pool with a 9 year old on your back? I did it yesterday. She decided she was my trainer and got me doing different exercises. I kept an eye on my heart rate and it was just as high as when I do water aerobics. I only converted the steps for walking to the stores and back. So my steps would be much higher if I converted the time in the store. My watch does not count steps while using my walker. No pool today but I will aim to get 5k steps.

Hope your Saturday is great!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    This is the last day of week 1 of the challenge.
    How are things going?
    Do you have to make any adjustments for next week?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ac1vawtddgk3.jpeg
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 6/4

PW 227.7
    CW 226.2

Loss 1.5

My name is Jean and I picked my user name because my weigh loss journey is about more than just a number on the scale. It’s about being the healthiest and happiest I can be irregardless of what that number may be.
This discussion has been closed.