Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/1
    Step count 4398

I was really lazy yesterday. Funny how having company wears you out! On the plus side I ate dessert twice, cornbread several times, fried chicken, a really nice restaurant meal, potatoes and corn that were in the frogmore stew, along with not getting my usual exercise and I was at my LOWEST weight since I began trying to lose weight this morning! Go figure.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,039 Member
    peng123 wrote: »
    Hi Downsizers! I'm so sorry that I haven't been posting frequently - my mother is in the hospital with pneumonia in both lungs - so I've been with her around the clock. My weigh-in yesterday:

PW: 138.7
    CW: 138.1
    SW: 250

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Please excuse me from the step challenge for now.

I will stop by when I can.

Thanks for understanding,
    Cara

So sorry to hear about your mother .. You and your family are in my thoughts...I will excuse you from the step challenge..Please take care ..hugssssss
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Be back later we are off to go for our walk ... I am pushing for 5 to 6 miles today :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 267.4
    CW: 267.4

Loss: 0
    Total loss: 6lbs

Glad I didn't gain. Here's to a better week and hopefully a loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/1
    Step count 4398

I was really lazy yesterday. Funny how having company wears you out! On the plus side I ate dessert twice, cornbread several times, fried chicken, a really nice restaurant meal, potatoes and corn that were in the frogmore stew, along with not getting my usual exercise and I was at my LOWEST weight since I began trying to lose weight this morning! Go figure.

Did you count calories during this time or more ate until you were satisfied? It’s funny how that happens. I came back from Atlantic City and I was up .2 of a pound. Ate normal on Monday and I was up 3 pounds Tuesday morning. 🤷‍♀️

roz0810 wrote: »
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 267.4
    CW: 267.4

Loss: 0
    Total loss: 6lbs

Glad I didn't gain. Here's to a better week and hopefully a loss!

There are lots of reasons the scale could have stayed the same and they are not necessarily bad.
  • lindamtuck2018
    With Covid restrictions easing we are experiencing more social interactions.
    Summer is around the corner bringing vacations, family barbecues, Canada Day, July 4th, etc.
    What are your strategies for handling these situations?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 224.8
    PW: 221.6
    Determined that the rest of June will be consistent losses.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Be back later we are off to go for our walk ... I am pushing for 5 to 6 miles today :)

Guess who fell on our walk today? I did ..my ankle and knee are on fire ...206 minutes...7.07 miles and 1028 calories ..thank goodness there is no walking tomorrow Sat or Sunday .,,,
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Summer is around the corner bringing vacations, family barbecues, Canada Day, July 4th, etc.

I bring my own food to cook at bbqs. My friend is having a large get together and rather than have regular sausages or hot dogs I bring turkey and chicken sausages . I also stick to Vodka/waters if I'm having an adult beverage.
  • nite_0wl
    nite_0wl Posts: 18 Member
    lindamtuck2018, Thank you, I don't have much choice this week as it's my baby's graduation week; you're not doing too shabby yourself!
    As for weights, when I lifted I preferred regular, free weight lifting in the gym - I found it easier to adjust my workout that way. I really need to get back into the gym but motivation is an issue, I'm tired all the time and would honestly rather just sit in front of my computer. However; I had breathing issues when I had covid (last September), my pulse ox has dropped, my blood pressure and heart rate are up, etc... just feeling unhealthy and old and I don't like what I see in the mirror so I joined a couple challenges both here and in the Garmin community - hoping this will get me motivated and moving.
    I'm sorry about your mom, I went through a similar thing a few months back when my mother caught covid, she had pneumonia in one lung but was still in the hospital for several days and then on oxygen when she went home. Best wishes and prayers for you both, I know it can be stressful.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    @lindamtuck2018
    I didn’t count calories at all, but I did still mostly stick to at least a 16 hour fast and I tried to stop eating when I was satisfied so I guess all in all it worked out.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member

Unfortunately I avoid them. We don't socialize so we don't do parties.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. Time for another Friday.
    Calories - 2546 or close. Did better with my counting today.
    Got a call from plastic surgery. They won't remove the tube tomorrow. Hopefully Monday. They want me to use ace wraps to span the gap between my compression socks and shorts. They are saying no to a diuretic.
  • nite_0wl
    nite_0wl Posts: 18 Member
    06/02: 5,236 steps.
    I have a calorie goal of 1,200 and have managed to stay at it for the last 3 days.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh Day Thursday
    CW: 224.8
    PW: 221.6
    Determined that the rest of June will be consistent losses.

Fantastic loss! You can make this a green month.

Guess who fell on our walk today? I did ..my ankle and knee are on fire ...206 minutes...7.07 miles and 1028 calories ..thank goodness there is no walking tomorrow Sat or Sunday .,,,

Sorry you fell. Feel better.

JaysFan82 wrote: »

I bring my own food to cook at bbqs. My friend is having a large get together and rather than have regular sausages or hot dogs I bring turkey and chicken sausages . I also stick to Vodka/waters if I'm having an adult beverage.

That is a great idea.

@lindamtuck2018
    I didn’t count calories at all, but I did still mostly stick to at least a 16 hour fast and I tried to stop eating when I was satisfied so I guess all in all it worked out.

Have you ever tried intuitive or mindful eating? I have had a few over the years on the team that has done this. I try to be mindful of my eating when I go to Newfoundland each year but I don’t think I could do it in the long term.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Time for another Friday.
    Calories - 2546 or close. Did better with my counting today.
    Got a call from plastic surgery. They won't remove the tube tomorrow. Hopefully Monday. They want me to use ace wraps to span the gap between my compression socks and shorts. They are saying no to a diuretic.

Great job with the calorie counting. If I didn’t take my diuretic each morning I would look like the pillsbury dough boy. 😂
    nite_0wl wrote: »
    06/02: 5,236 steps.
    I have a calorie goal of 1,200 and have managed to stay at it for the last 3 days.

Well done! I hope your breathing issues improve. A lot of people think that with Covid, within a few weeks you will be all better. Unfortunately, that’s not true for everyone. I still have headaches almost daily and memory issues. Do they think you will improve over time? As for moving, set small goals each day of exercises you will do. Add on each week as you accomplish the first goal.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Days-Friday
    PW: 191.3
    CW: 188.9 (yesterday's weight because I thought yesterday was Friday :o ...loss 2.4 lbs )
    LTD 80.1
  • Morethanjustanumber
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/2
    Step count 7365
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 12,766
    exercise: laps, arms and cardio
    log food: yes

Yesterday, I did not have my best workout. I soldiered through the headache and got it done. I have my granddaughter today so it will be a combination exercises and play in the pool. We are going for a walk in the afternoon and I have to get some housework done.

I booked my annual trip to Newfoundland. The countdown started yesterday as we are leaving in 5 weeks. I see a fresh lobster and some cod tongues in my future. Yum!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Oops, forgot my weight

PW 203.2
    CW 203

Very small loss but I will take it considering I was 206.2 on Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.