Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 have you tried slipping your tracker into your pocket when you’re using your walker? It might pick up your steps there?
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1st weigh in

Current weight - 186.8

Steps

5/29-8456
    5/30-8496
    5/31-2697
    6/1-6314
    6/2-8971
    6/3-3248

Will do better next week. I didn’t know I was doing this until Tuesday.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    5/31: 18,262
    6/1: 18,859
    6/2: 18,679
    6/3: 26,317
    Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    5/31: 18,262
    6/1: 18,859
    6/2: 18,679
    6/3: 26,317
    Thanks!

Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    This is the last day of week 1 of the challenge.
    How are things going?
    Do you have to make any adjustments for next week?

Things are going good weight wise... No adjustments ...Just need to stop falling when we are walking ...I have been on the couch since Friday ... I am going stir-crazy (at least the swelling in my knee and ankle have gone down) and I am not limping so I am planning on walking on Monday (crosses fingers that we can)
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    PW: 321
    CW: 320

Garden season is helping me to choose to be more active. We bought a house last year, and I love having a garden again. My summer goal is to break out of the 300s by Labor Day. I am also working on improving my stamina. It is both frustrating and a bit embarrassing to not be able to stand comfortably for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. Any tips, other than just continuing to improve my overall fitness?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 6/4

PW 227.7
    CW 226.2

Loss 1.5

My name is Jean and I picked my user name because my weigh loss journey is about more than just a number on the scale. It’s about being the healthiest and happiest I can be irregardless of what that number may be.

Nice loss! I really like the thought behind your username. It is a truth we should all follow.
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

@lindamtuck2018

@MadDuck62
    What are heart points? Great job meeting your goal and increasing your walk time.

It's seems to be an android phone thing. The same app that measures your steps also measures heart points, which basically are equivalent to one minute of brisk exercise. They have a built-in goal of 150 heart points per week (30 minutes * 5 days/week, based on an American Heart Association guideline), but you can have personalized daily goals. I've got mine set for 7500 steps and 30 heart points per day.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 The burn for my swim was 480. My walk was a good burn as it was so hot and my heart rate was up. Our pace was 3-3.5 mph. She doesn't walk slow.

Today I am trying to pack the dry goods for our camping trip next week. It has made me so food conscious that I had to stop.

My name is Tammy. My daddy called me Tam. In highschool added the h to be different from the other 6 Tammy's in my class. 42 was my age at my highest weight. 42 now is the ultimate answer of the ultimate question of the universe.
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey Downsizers! It's the end of week one . . . hope everyone is having a great weekend and keeping up the motivation. My weight was down this morning, mostly due to water weight loss, but it still feels good. Just need to keep it up for the Monday weigh-in! Good luck everybody!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

6/1: 7845 steps (36 heart points)
    6/2: 8232 steps (36 heart points)
    6/3: 9349 steps (31 heart points)

Goal is 7500 steps and 30 heart points.

Getting in my steps yesterday was a come from behind victory. My girlfriend and I had gone to the Aquarium in the afternoon and I was tired from being on my feet all day, with not a lot of steps to show for it. We settled down to watch a show we're binging on TV in the evening and after the second episode (and a bit of alcohol - faithfully recorded), I told her, "You're going to think this is a bit crazy, but I need to get my walk in." She did think I was a bit crazy because we were VERY comfortable (and a bit tipsy) at that point, but she was supportive. It took about 45 minutes to walk my dog and then get my brisk walk in, but I did it. :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Our new and unique Group Challenge begins tomorrow, Sun June 5th. Get creative and join us for 1, 2, 3 Click. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10866189/june-week-2-group-challenge-1-2-3-click#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    7 miles on the recumbent.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Greetings everyone. Another lazy Saturday. Tried to stay off my feet to work on the swelling and hoping the drain will slow down.
    Calories - 2753. Had a nice, rare boneless leg of lamb for dinner. 4 oz and fat trimmed. That was the hard part. Lol.
    @lindamtuck2018 I put meat, pork this time but any works, tomato sauce, dice tomato - no salt added, kidney beans, onion, pepper - not bell though, and fresh cherry tomatoes from our bush. Pretty basic. I top it with a crumble cheese.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen.

Username jpedno
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 154.6
    CW 155.2

I was pretty bummed with this weigh in as I had been slowly headed in the right direction. I am 5' tall so if I don't count my calories really accurately, it is easy to gain. Last weekend was a long holiday weekend - we took a little road trip (big trigger for me) and there were candy and Cheetos. I also had soda - been dealing with some nausea lately which makes me crave soda.

I was supposed to run today for my half marathon training but I had a headache for a lot of today.

Kinda sad tonight. Found out someone I used to work with occasionally is in hospice for bile duct cancer and she doesn't have long. I knew she was I'll but this was an upsetting downturn.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps
    5/29 18,319
    5/30 8,679
    5/31 8,073
    6/1 9,804
    6/2 7,737
    6/3 16,099

@lindamtuck2018 Can you excuse me from the weigh in next week? I am headed to Charleston for a long weekend with extended family.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Happy Sunday.

28HAVEITALL

Weigh in day: Sunday
    Pw: 251
    Cw: 248.8

Goodluck on the new week.
    X
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you feel comfortable can you share your first name as I like to add it too the spreadsheet.
    Also, I am curious how you choose your username and the meaning behind it.

Nina.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers!

I have moved the new people who never made it to the chat here down to the drop list. Obviously, if they find their way here I'll put them right back! I hope they do :smiley:

@paradoxisland
    @paulksh
    @KirstyK01
    @mdtobe2944
    @noways13
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 have you tried slipping your tracker into your pocket when you’re using your walker? It might pick up your steps there?

I will give that a try.

laura9400 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1st weigh in

Current weight - 186.8
    Will do better next week. I didn’t know I was doing this until Tuesday.

Welcome! Your steps are great. What are some of your goals for the month?

Friday check in
    PW: 321
    CW: 320

Garden season is helping me to choose to be more active. We bought a house last year, and I love having a garden again. My summer goal is to break out of the 300s by Labor Day. I am also working on improving my stamina. It is both frustrating and a bit embarrassing to not be able to stand comfortably for more than 10-15 minutes at a time. Any tips, other than just continuing to improve my overall fitness?

Nice loss! I am jealous of your garden. We only have a balcony so I am limited. Do you like swimming? Swimming and water exercises are a great way to improve fitness when walking and standing are difficult. You could also join the step team and work on reaching your daily step goal. Try doing several 5 minute mini walks through out the day and add on time as your standing improves.

MadDuck62 wrote: »
    Hey Downsizers! It's the end of week one . . . hope everyone is having a great weekend and keeping up the motivation. My weight was down this morning, mostly due to water weight loss, but it still feels good. Just need to keep it up for the Monday weigh-in! Good luck everybody!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

6/1: 7845 steps (36 heart points)
    6/2: 8232 steps (36 heart points)
    6/3: 9349 steps (31 heart points)

Goal is 7500 steps and 30 heart points.

Getting in my steps yesterday was a come from behind victory. My girlfriend and I had gone to the Aquarium in the afternoon and I was tired from being on my feet all day, with not a lot of steps to show for it. We settled down to watch a show we're binging on TV in the evening and after the second episode (and a bit of alcohol - faithfully recorded), I told her, "You're going to think this is a bit crazy, but I need to get my walk in." She did think I was a bit crazy because we were VERY comfortable (and a bit tipsy) at that point, but she was supportive. It took about 45 minutes to walk my dog and then get my brisk walk in, but I did it. :smile:

Impressive! Way to get those steps done.

Saturday Weigh in
    PW 233.7
    CW 226.8
    I've been doing intermittent fasting 20/4 and low carb

Fantastic loss!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Greetings everyone. Another lazy Saturday. Tried to stay off my feet to work on the swelling and hoping the drain will slow down.
    Calories - 2753. Had a nice, rare boneless leg of lamb for dinner. 4 oz and fat trimmed. That was the hard part. Lol.
    @lindamtuck2018 I put meat, pork this time but any works, tomato sauce, dice tomato - no salt added, kidney beans, onion, pepper - not bell though, and fresh cherry tomatoes from our bush. Pretty basic. I top it with a crumble cheese.

Your chili sounds delicious.

Jpedno wrote: »
    I'm Jen.

Username jpedno
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 154.6
    CW 155.2

I was pretty bummed with this weigh in as I had been slowly headed in the right direction. I am 5' tall so if I don't count my calories really accurately, it is easy to gain. Last weekend was a long holiday weekend - we took a little road trip (big trigger for me) and there were candy and Cheetos. I also had soda - been dealing with some nausea lately which makes me crave soda.

I was supposed to run today for my half marathon training but I had a headache for a lot of today.

Kinda sad tonight. Found out someone I used to work with occasionally is in hospice for bile duct cancer and she doesn't have long. I knew she was I'll but this was an upsetting

@lindamtuck2018 Can you excuse me from the weigh in next week? I am headed to Charleston for a long weekend with extended family.

It’s a new week so put the gain behind you. Have you tried plain soda water instead of Pepsi or coke? I have a soda stream and I make one when my stomach is upset. It seems to settle it down most times and without any added calories. Sorry about your coworker.

Hi all.

Happy Sunday.

28HAVEITALL

Weigh in day: Sunday
    Pw: 251
    Cw: 248.8

Goodluck on the new week.
    X

Very nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 6,198
    exercise: rest day
    log food: yes

Very lazy day yesterday. Tried to be aware to move around. I am going for a swim soon. After lunch we are going to get some flowers to plant in pots for the balcony. I am making a Newfoundland jiggs dinner today. It tends to make me retain water but it’s so good. It’s always good to have a reminder of my home province.
This discussion has been closed.