Monthly Post for June 2022

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
And just like that, June is here! New month and a new post!!

@KateNkognito hope yesterday's fast was a success!
@mamainthekitchen check in and let us know you are okay when you have a moment. We are thinking of you!

Crazy busy day at work yesterday. Hoping today is better sigh... So far so good. *knocks wood*

See you soon!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I posted earlier... in last month's thread! Totally didn't dawn on me that it is June now!
    Yesterday's fast was rough, but I made it!
    @mamainthekitchen What Meghan said.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOL @KateNkognito I saw your post in the May thread and forgot to comment sigh... You mentioned drinking something fizzy during your fasts. Yes! Agree. I love some flavored seltzers or even a diet soda here or there. :)

Today is off to a good start. There was less of a crazy, stupid traffic jam on the highway this morning. Good times!

Work seems a little quieter as well which is appreciated.

Food wise, doing pretty decent. Had an Atkins breakfast bar today as an AM snack since I finished up the crappy Quest bars. LOL

Hope you have a good day. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad that traffic was a little better and the gross bars are gone! :D:)

I took my elder son to college orientation today. :o They gave a bunch of information. And I got a lot of steps in. So, not too bad. Fast wasn't great, so call it a wash.

Have a good end of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Home and working remotely today. So nice to have a day without traffic drama! UGH. Last night as I was driving home there was a down pour. Kind of like icing on the cake of a bad week of traffic! Done now. Thankful that I have a big SUV so even though there was a lot of flooding I still felt safe!

The down pour apparently caused our local Wal-Mart to lose power last night too! Couldn't buy our clothing bins. LOL

Glad you are doing okay, @KateNkognito! Sounds good to me. Not every day will be perfect. :)

My weekend goal is to organize my clothing! Need to put away all the winter stuff and pull out the summer stuff. Been a hot mess around here since we got back from vacation. The weather has been a tad cool to bury the sweaters for good. So, piles of clothing sitting on a chair, waiting to be put away. UGH.

Looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend outside. Good weather on tap here! Currently 65 F and cloudy. Sigh...

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope you have a nice weekend after what sounds like a rough week.

I am cleaning the kitchen today. Top to bottom, organize cabinets and drawers, the whole works. It is a fast day, so burning extra calories as a bonus. :)

Have a good one!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yeah. None of that happened yesterday. I ate all the food and did none of the cleaning. Hormones are the worst! Today is much better. :)
  • KateNkognito
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Already got up and got the dog to the vet. Adorable idiot got an ear infection and manager to scratch his bad eye when he was digging at his ear. So we are home with ear drops, ear cleaner, and two types of eye drops. Fun times.

On a positive note, fast went well yesterday. Going to make sure I log what I am eating this week, just to check and make sure I am not going overboard.

Have a great week, all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Ugh, crazy day at work but at least I am working remotely!

Just seems like a lot of things happening all at once lately. Had one boss retire recently which means my boss taking his place needs to move in to old boss' office. Cleaning, shredding, sorting, organizing a move, etc. Then new VP coming in to take one of those offices. Who knew we could generate so many binders and paper and cr*p! LOL
    Multiple meetings planned in multiple places throughout the year and next year. Trying to find a location for January 2023 (everything $$$), organizing details for a meeting taking place in CT next week and trying to find a location for this September for another local meeting for 35-40 people. Just a few of the things going on. Sigh....

Sorry to hear about the dog, @KateNkognito LOL @ adorable idiot! Glad you had a good fast yesterday!

We had a nice relaxing weekend spent mostly outside on the patio! Beautiful again today. I totally am a warmer weather person and winter / cold can make me depressed sigh...

Managed to get our clothing bins at Wal-Mart! Phew. I started organizing my clothes and bringing winter stuff down and summer stuff up but boy is it a pain! Grateful that I have clothes and what seems to be quite a lot of them due to fluctuating weights and seasons. Remind me not to buy anything new for a while, okay??? )*&^% :p

Have a good day and see you soon. :)

• KateNkognito
    Options
    Today is going well, so far. Started the first of *many* loads of laundry. Going to make the teenage boys help me clean the kitchen from top to bottom. Fast is going very well. Hormones have let up. :) Already put in my meal for the day. Have a lovely day, all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

*gasp* It got so crazy yesterday that I forgot to check in yesterday!

Hope all is well. Work is busy but good. Hoping it gets better soon. Will have one meeting next week and then that will help alleviate some stress.

Going out for lunch again today with a hotel contact. Going to make smart choices. o:) Still trying to find a location for our meeting in September.

Hope you have a good day, @KateNkognito Productivity is GOOD! I am half way through my clothing sort. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Going to have friends over for dinner on Saturday PM and then *boom* my family arrives on 6/14 for approximately 10 days. *screams* Hello, cleaning and organizing! We got this. LOL

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It's cloudy and meh today. Laundry and bedding will be all done in a bit. We are going to a movie this afternoon. I love theater popcorn!

Stay strong, Meghan! You can do it! Have fun with the family!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

I hear you about cloudy and meh! Woke up to heavy showers this morning with the rain pelting down on the bedroom A/C! Now it has cleared up and as I was driving in to work it changed from rainy to cloudy with some blue skies thrown in. Yea! Currently 70's F and mix of clouds and sun. Very humid out there too! My poor limp hair. LOL

Thanks @KateNkognito work is finally a little less crazy today. Phew. Looking forward to the weekend! Going to hit the grocery store after work to start picking up stuff for the family. :)

Hope you had a good time at the movies yesterday! See anything fun?! I love movie popcorn! :p

• KateNkognito
    Options
    We didn't make it to the movie. The eye doctor called and had an opening for my youngest. We might go tomorrow. :)

Fasting is going well, but I am not losing much. I know, patience is a virtue, not a waste of time.

Have a good day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Ahh, hope you get to see something fun soon, @KateNkognito

So far so good here. Nice to be remote and AWAY from all the traffic drama lately.

Not much happening here which is fine by me. Looking forward to hosting friends for dinner tomorrow night. Burgers on the grill!

Hope you have a good day and a nice weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Enjoy your cookout today!

Finally got my rear in gear and started the kitchen yesterday. Will finish it today or tomorrow, then move on to the living room.

Have a lovely weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Hope you had a nice weekend, @KateNkognito

Typical Monday here with lots of stress. My Dad and Step Mom have to cancel their travel plans to come up here to CT this week. My Dad is currently in the hospital with pneumonia. :( I think he will be okay but it really stinks that he has to deal with the after affects of cancer still after a year. UGH.

Going to cancel my paid time off for next week since my family is not coming up. :(

Just feel like I cannot catch a break lately. Sorry for the negative post. See you soon.

• KateNkognito
    Options
    Aww, Meghan! Hugs! I hope he feels better soon!

Not much here, just chugging along.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Finishing up my second 20 hour fast. Today is a feast day, but I am going to log everything and make sensible choices. It is HOT here. I was going to go for a walk, but the humidity is through the roof and I am a sissy.

@Meghan509 I hope you have a wonderful day! I hope your commute was peaceful and gave you time to think. And your work day goes smoothly and is productive.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thank you so much, @KateNkognito I appreciate your nice words! Congrats on your fast! Hope feast day goes well. :)

Okay, so I won't talk about the crazy commute this morning... LOL

My Dad was in the ER yesterday and they were running a bunch of tests. Negative for pneumonia, Covid, Flu, chest X-rays were clear and so were heart scans. Trying to figure out why he is getting dehydrated and dry heaves and then when he gets hydrated he feels like he can't breathe and has pneumonia. Just texted my sister to see if she has any news. Fingers crossed. I feel bad because I know they really wanted to fly up and visit with everyone. We had a big family get together planned and everything. Sigh...

Funny thing is my WOE is not suffering. Been so stressed out that I haven't wanted to go overboard and overeat.

Positive vibes. It can only get better. Hope you have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope they figure out what is going on with your dad! That sounds miserable :'( I hope he feels better soon!

Today is another hot one. I am working on another quilt. Once I get the top done, I need to go get the batting and decide how I want to quilt it.
    Have a lovely day! Be healthy!