SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 709 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)
    SW (02.10.22) - 150
    CW - 150.2 (06.01.22)
    JuneGW - 144.2
    FinalGW - 125lbs
    Been doing ok with the exercising but skipped a few days last week. Haven't been really keeping up with the AM yoga so this month I'm going to work on getting that done in the morning.
    Here's what I'm doing:
    Cardio: Walking program working up to a 5K walk with cycling or golf as cross-training. I'm up to 2.75 miles for the walking.
    ST challenges: Pull-up challenge - I'm up to 17.5 lb. dumbbell rows
    Squat challenge - Today is going to be 210 squats, 4 sets of 50 and 1 set of 10
    push-ups - Today will be 28 push-ups
    planks - this week is 4 sets of 45 seconds each.
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    48yrs 5'3"

CW 131
    GW 125 (fast strong and flexible)

June 1 - 131lbs. Ugh.
    June 6 - 131lbs. Ugh again.

Sorry I'm late to the June party! I've been off my game bc of achilles tendinitis and not at my usual level of fitness at all. I've slipped, which is really unusual for me! I admit that I've gained back 3 lbs since January (I know it's only 3 lbs but I worked SO HARD to get rid of them) and, let's just be clear, those are NOT 3lbs of muscle I've put on. UGH. (3lbs of muscle would be awesome).

So starting tomorrow:
    - bootcamp / strength 3 times a week
    - pushups/plank/squat challenges starting tomorrow!
    - power walking if OKed by physio 3xweek
    - and maybe even running or soccer. I've been so well behaved not taxing my achilles! I've GOT to be allowed to test it again soon.
    - and watch the darn calorie intake!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Would like to jump in.

5'7", 44 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 163.4
    GW: 140
    2/07/22: 161.2
    3/02/22: 158.2
    4/01/22: 155.0
    5/03/22: 156.6
    6/1/22: 156.4

Been going thru a hole house Reno since Jan 26. Finally today I have enough space in my livingroom to start up on BOD workouts again. Today doing day 6 of morning meltdown and will get in a walk later on.
  • renaegry
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @k8richer what kind of challenges you starting today. I will jump on board with them if you share them.

• SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    My back's been hurting so I haven't been doing my ST the last few days (again, ugh). But I have been getting my cardio in. Today is rest day and tomorrow I walk my first 5K distance, woohoo
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    5'7", 43 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150
    3/30/22: 147
    4/22: Missed
    5/31/22: 149.4

6/1/22: 149.4
    6/8/22: 150.4

Meh on my weight, but decided to go back to an old standby of a variation of intermittent fasting - limiting myself to 2 meals and 1 snack (between the two meals) a day...have enough data since starting the new jobs to know my eating is about right to maintain - but not enough to lose, so skipping a meal (usually breakfast is easy for me to skip) is about right for a deficit amount.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Too muggy and rainy today for my walk, but today I finished my squat challenge - 250 squats, 5 sets of 50 each B)
  • k8richly
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »
    @k8richer what kind of challenges you starting today. I will jump on board with them if you share them.

Hi @renaegry - I printed off the Livestrong.com 30 day challenges for planks, squats and pushups! I wanted to add the burpees but can't do high impact yet. I skipped forward to Day 7 yesterday (since it was June 7, easier to count!). So join me on Day 8 today! Or whatever day, I don't care! Just happy you're along for the ride!!
  • choosingeasy
    choosingeasy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    45yrs old
    75 kg (165lb)
    177 cm (5'8'')
    Goal weight: 172 (158.7lb)

Just trying to keep my kcal count and move a bit (weight gained in the last 2 month while very sedentary due to different obligations)
  • Mojo_Minx
    Mojo_Minx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello!

38 years old 5'5''
    06/09/2022 - Start weight(!): 146.1

My goal weight is a fit 125.0

I've reset my MFP account to reflect today as my 'start' date and I'm excited to have it feel like a blank slate. Feel free to add me to see fitness and diary info.!
  • renaegry
    Options
    k8richer wrote: »
    renaegry wrote: »

Hi @renaegry - I printed off the Livestrong.com 30 day challenges for planks, squats and pushups! I wanted to add the burpees but can't do high impact yet. I skipped forward to Day 7 yesterday (since it was June 7, easier to count!). So join me on Day 8 today! Or whatever day, I don't care! Just happy you're along for the ride!!

Thanks. I printed off the squat and ab challenges. Will jump in on day 10 today. I started doing the intro push ups on Fitbit.
  • backawayfromthetable
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Dani

34 years old, 5’3
    Current weight this am 6/10/2022: 138.4
    Goal weight 125.0

Summer is soooo hard for me we camp every weekend, and my MIL runs the food truck at the campsite and lets not forget camp drinks.
    Cardio and 9round (at home) all week long will try my hardest this weekend to be good
  • renaegry
    Options
    Not sure what I’m missing. But can’t for the life of me figure out how to post to the newsfeed with new app update
  • its_colleen
    its_colleen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I’m stopping in to update my weight for accountability.

49yo and 5’6
    SW: 6/6 132.4
    CW: 6/13 127.6
    GW: 120

It’s my first week so I guess you lose a good amount of water weight then.

I’ve been staying under my daily calories and doing an hour total of walking per day. Nothing too crazy because I’m having pain in both hips that I need to get checked out.
  • its_colleen
    Options
    @renaegry I noticed that if you go to your profile at the bottom of the screen you can make comments. I’m guessing they post on your newsfeed?
  • k8richly
    Options
    48yrs 5'3"
    GW 125 (fast strong and flexible)

June 1 - 131lbs. Ugh.
    June 6 - 131lbs. Ugh again.
    June 14 - 130lbs phew!

Heading in a better direction. Holding steady, eating well and got the green light from my physio to start a run/walk program. YAY!! 😁 Even just a 1 minute jog will feel so good to get my butt moving! Trying to work in the squat / pushup / plank challenges. I just keep forgetting and getting distracted while I'm counting. I think it's too easy or boring in for me. Hope @renaegry, that you have more commitment than me! And hope you figured out the posting thing. I click on my little icon/face and it says "share something" - that's how post to my newsfeed.
    So nice to see new people here! ☺️
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)
    SW (02.10.22) - 150
    6/1/22 - 150.2
    6/15/22 - 148.2
    JuneGW - 144.2
    FinalGW - 125lbs

I've been a bit lazy with the exercise this last week so I have to recommit to that the rest of this month.
    Cardio: Walking program working up to a 5K walk with cycling or golf as cross-training. I'm up to a 5K distance WOOHOO. After a week or two of walking it I'll start jogging portions of it to work up to a 5K jog.
    ST challenges: Pull-up challenge - I'm going up to 20 lb. dumbbell rows today.
    Squat challenge - I finished this challenge. I don't see myself doing 250 squats every day though. I think I'm going to do 3 sets of 50, 3 days a week from now on.
    push-ups - Today should be 39 push-ups but, since I haven't done them for a few days, it'll be 35 today.
    planks - this week is 4 sets of 50 seconds each.
  • nightheronz
    nightheronz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Early 30s, 5'5''
    HW (2013): 148
    6/1/2022: 128.3
    6/15/2022: 127
    6/16/2022: 126.5
    6/17/2022: 126.1
    GW: 115
    June 1 measurements:
    waist (smallest point): 27"
    waist (around belly button): 29.5"
    hip: 39.5"

This month, I'm trying to focus on
    1) recognizing my hunger levels (I use the intuitive eating 0-10 scale) and not eating when I'm not hungry.
    2) doing 4-6 short strength workouts a week
    3) doing cardio I enjoy like going on long bike rides and walks while listening to a good audiobook.
  • its_colleen
    Options
    Weighing in today instead of tomorrow.

49yo 5’6
    HW: 245 lbs (2009 ish)
    SW: 6/6 132.4
    CW: 126.2
    GW: 120

I thought I’d document my highest weight and then my starting weight on here to show that I’m restarting my weight loss journey. I don’t remember exactly when I started my weight loss journey the first time I just know it was after 2009.

What works: making sure my sweet tooth is fed each day so I don’t end up bingeing. This has been key for me.

I lost an inch around my waist so now my waist measures 29”. It’s wide because of so much loose skin settling there. There’s still some fat around my midsection so I think I can get it smaller. I do abdominal and oblique exercises which have helped a lot. I always heard that you couldn’t spot reduce but I was pleasantly surprised that I could.

Despite having mild to sometimes moderate pain in both hips, I’m going to start the Sworkit Couch to Fit 6 Week Program tomorrow. It should be fairly easy but I would say I’m a beginner when it comes to exercise.

Well that’s all she wrote. I hope everyone has a successful week!
  • kg_fit3
    kg_fit3 Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    My first time posting in a health forum (or having any sort of community-based aspect to my health goals). I'm struggling to stay focused on the nutrition aspect of losing the last 9 lbs to reach my goal weight of 145. I thought this might help. So...

Height: 5'7"
    Current Weight: 154.8lbs

My backstory:
    Ten years ago, after rapidly gaining a lot of weight, I reached my highest of 194lbs. I felt awful, none of my clothes fit, I could barely go for a 30 minute walk, and I hated how I looked. So after a long look in the mirror, my journey began.

I gradually learned about nutrition. There was A LOT of trial and error with working out and eating well (what gets results/what doesn't). And I had what I call "sprint" months...pockets of time where I would lose 4-5 pounds followed by several months of not losing anything.

But, the main positive...

Although it has me taken 10 years to lose 40lbs...

I have NEVER once gained a single pound back. Sometimes the scale has stayed at the same weight for 6 months straight, but it has never gone back up.

I know what I need to do to get the last 9lbs off, but I've been struggling to stay consistent with keeping a daily calorie deficit. I have a moderate goal of losing .75-1lb per week, but I haven't stuck with my plan. Typically I end up over-eating 2-3 days per week, reversing my progress. I know it is due to emotionally-motivated eating.

So, I'm going to post here daily with my caloric intake (goal of 1800) and caloric deficit (goal of 400-500). I will also post my weekly 7-day AVG** for weight every Sunday. I think this might be the extra bit of accountability I need to reach my final goal.

Thanks!

**Here's a tip for those looking to lose weight that has worked for me...weigh yourself daily, first thing in the morning, after using the restroom but before eating or drinking anything. Record your weight each day then take your 7-day AVG. This 7-day AVG is what you compare week-to-week. This helps you to avoid reading too much into daily scale fluctuations...something that affects women a lot. We can easily gain 1-5 lbs of water weight from intense exercise or from time-of-the-month fluid retention (not to mention if you eat out and have extra sodium).