qzwyf5drf0kh.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,500 Member
    Options
    r1dtcm0d6j55.jpg
  • montegomac
    montegomac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Howdy. I'm new to MFP. I was diagnosed with T2D 2 years ago but only able to finally accept it and own it the past couple of months. I had been pigging out on sugar at the time of my diagnosis and after stopping the crappy foods, my A1C dropped from 6.3 to 5.4, which totally amazed my doctor. This might be one reason I had problems accepting the diagnosis. A recent sugar binge proved to me that I do indeed have T2D and I need to do a better job of managing my diet. I used to be on Spark People, tried to go back there today to start using the food trackers/menu planners again, and discovered they closed the site last year and replaced it with something else. After looking around for a replacement I ended up here. Onward and upward, one step at a time.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    montegomac wrote: »
    Howdy. I'm new to MFP. I was diagnosed with T2D 2 years ago but only able to finally accept it and own it the past couple of months. I had been pigging out on sugar at the time of my diagnosis and after stopping the crappy foods, my A1C dropped from 6.3 to 5.4, which totally amazed my doctor. This might be one reason I had problems accepting the diagnosis. A recent sugar binge proved to me that I do indeed have T2D and I need to do a better job of managing my diet. I used to be on Spark People, tried to go back there today to start using the food trackers/menu planners again, and discovered they closed the site last year and replaced it with something else. After looking around for a replacement I ended up here. Onward and upward, one step at a time.

Hey! Glad you are here. MFP was a big help to me.

For me the management of carbs was what got my BG under control. Logging and some accountability made all the difference.
  • montegomac
    montegomac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I hope diet will get my glucose back under control and believe logging will definitely help. Here's to the journey!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    montegomac wrote: »
    Thanks! I hope diet will get my glucose back under control and believe logging will definitely help. Here's to the journey!

I found that monitoring BG was critical for me as I figured out what worked and what didn't.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,500 Member
    Options
    78dqy8lyzg0o.jpg