July 2022 - Daily Discipline

Options

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim I'm following a challenge that someone posted in this group a while ago, here's the link: https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/do-a-pull-up/#pull_up_tips
    It's taking me wayyyy longer than the 30 days in the title, but I'm determined to do one (and my DH said he'll build me something in our backyard that I can use once I get to that point). I've worked my way up to a 20 pound dumbbell, so I think in maybe two more weeks I'll be able to finally move on to level 2. Congrats on the 6# off!!
    @HoneyBadger302 I hope you've heard some good news about your interview.
    @zenobia9777 sometimes baby steps are the key to success in the long run, glad to hear you're through the worst of your covid.
    @k8richer I had the jiggly arms too (I called them batwings :D ), but the pushups and dumbbell ST has been helping. Great photo!
    @spirittrail congrats on the loss and the renewed motivation!!
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    5'3" 47 yrs
    GW 125 - 120 lbs

July 7 - 129
    July 12 - 129 (actually surprising I haven't dropped since I've been so active and mostly eating well. Water retention? Time of month?)

Weighed in today because I'm heading on a road trip tomorrow. Can I avoid fries when eating out on the road with kids?! Can I drink only 1 light beer at a Major League baseball game? Can I find protein- rich hors d'oeuvres at a family
    memorial/reunion?

I will report back! :smiley:
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    k8richer wrote: »
    Can I avoid fries when eating out on the road with kids?! Can I drink only 1 light beer at a Major League baseball game? Can I find protein- rich hors d'oeuvres at a family
    memorial/reunion?
    Sorry to hear you're facing a family memorial, I hope it doesn't weigh too heavy on you.
    On a lighter note - Yes, you can avoid fries!!!! Yes, you can drink only 1 light beer!!!!! Yes you can find the protein you need without unnecessary calories!!!!!! Good luck on your trip, can't wait to hear about your success. <3
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your updates which are all so motivational to read! Thank you Zenobia9777 😊. I start drinking water right away in the morning and finish around dinner. It's much easier to do on days I exercise! Just start and track it,..,eventually you get there!

Yes! Goal pants!! I get just as thrilled over goal tops, goal bras, etc, 😆 I've gone from a 38 F to a 34 D. It's awesome to lose that back flab.

I am literally having to start over this week. Got in my walk yesterday but not today. I've decided to start logging dinner calories first so I did that yesterday. I've also decided to start intermittent fasting. Out of curiosity, I timed my first overnight fast and got 11 hours! That's great! So tomorrow my fast will be 12 hours. I'll hold there for the week and my goal is a 16/8 fast. Fast for 16....eat in an 8 hour window. Mind you, I'm working my way up. So next week I will go for a 14/10 fast and in two weeks should reach my goal. Again, that all leads back to mindful eating. I'll let you know how I do. I'm mentioning it should anyone want to try it. Start by naturally minding your fast hours with no agenda. 6, 8 , 10.....it's all good. You need a baseline. Decide where you want to end up. 16/8, 14/10, 12/12, etc, Once you've planned your "trip"......it's not difficult to find the best route for you. 😉 Slow and steady is always the right way!

Continued good fortune on each of your journeys!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 Thanks for the link! I will definitely check it out.

@k8richer Good luck with staying on track with your road trip! I’m the last person who can give advice as I tend to start off well with family, and then succumb - I just make it my mission to get back on track once I’m back home.

We’re chasing each other! 128.8 today with same goal weight I think. That was my original goal weight range - 123 - reached it last year, and then lost 11 more pounds. Everyone said I was way too skinny. Will consider.

@zenobia9777 - Hope you’re close to 100% back.

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm craving a road trip. @k8richer you can have the best of it all and feel great at the end of it!!!

I think I'm feeling the cabin fever because I haven't been able to go anywhere.

Yesterday I needed to rest after the walk in a little bit of gardening. I'm going to take it easy again today, but I can report that I ate very well yesterday. I concentrated on the low cal vegetables to fight the hunger and that worked well. It's really just habit that makes me reach for things that are not good for me.

I made myself some herbal tea. Plan ahead, right?

@CeeBeeSlim it sounds like you are back on track!!!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    5'7", 43 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150
    3/30/22: 147
    4/22: Missed
    5/31/22: 149.4
    6/29/22: 152.4

7/6/22: 155
    7/13/22: 153.8

I had a second round interview on Friday with different team members, but haven't heard anything since (I know they still had some more interviews to complete though) - hoping for news one way or the other before the end of the week.

Tomorrow I interview with my previous company (not ideal, but better than staying where I'm at and at least know the poo-poo I'm getting myself into lol). Still hoping for the other job to come through as tha one aligns with everything I want to be doing, but previous company is at least a backup option.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @honeybadger302 Congrats on getting the second interview, hope they hire you.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @HoneyBadger302 Good luck with the interview.

@zenobia9777 - I feel back track.I hope I can keep it up! No - I WILL keep it up!💪💪
  • spirittrail
    Options
    Cabin fever Zenobia9777? Didn't you just return from a vacation in May? Good luck Honeybadger! CEEBEE Of course you can keep it up! Just for ONE day.. then keep going....ONE day at a time.

I'm logging dinner calories! Firmly at 1/2 gallon daily! Finally did my first walk....it only took me 10 minutes. Obviously not the right route for me as I am looking for a 20 minute walk. (Swipes right 😜) Tomorrow I am trying another route...though I strongly suspect it will only add 5 minutes. 12 hour fast was successful last night/this morning 🌄.
  • Iitstuesday
    Iitstuesday Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Finally headed home. Did pretty well on the road eating out and getting lots of activity. But ended time away with long work dinner and I still don’t handle those well. Fancy food and wine with a small group. It was nice but I struggle sticking to my goals. Back at it…..

Question for the group - do you track macros or just calories?? I’ve never tracked macros….
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    I've been tracking calories but I sort of track based on type of food. For a while I was eating no bread or grain before dinner.

I was on track until yesterday evening but I decided to have some wine. Not a good idea unless it's only once a week!!! I ended up snacking

In good news my brother's quadruple bypass surgery went well. They also did some kind of pocket closure to help prevent blood clotting. I have no idea what that is.

I could say that I was stressed and that's why I was drinking wine, but that would be a lie!

Regarding cabin fever, it was exciting to get out to go to the Walgreens! I'm just tired of being home, but we are planning a little weekend getaway in August.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @zenobia9777. What wonderful news about your brother. You must be so relieved.

@litstuesday I rarely track macros. When I - sometimes - look at my daily nutrition log and hit my protein goals I find I have more energy for my workouts and I’m less hungry.
  • spirittrail
    Options
    I only track calories and total number of minutes and calories burned thru exercise for the week. I try to improve my exercise metrics a little more each week. The more you move.......
  • Iitstuesday
    Iitstuesday Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Back home and feeling frustrated. I’m up to the highest I’ve been and above where I started back in Feb. and highest I’ve been in years - maybe 10 years?? Very frustrated. Because I’m really not that off - I move a lot, eat well. Nighttime snacking can be tough. Honestly since hitting my 50s (now 52) anything and everything I could manage and my weight would be stable (travel, dinners out) is just not happening. Absolutely no wiggle room. I have to be strict and clearly that’s not working.

@zenobia9777 so glad your brother is doing well!

@CeeBeeSlim how are you doing? Please share any tips for getting back on track after time….

Have a great day all!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the kind thoughts My brother walked the length of the hallway last night.

I did a little better yesterday on my eating. I discovered that you can mix a ripe avocado with lime juice and tuna. The problem is counting the calories and fat, although I have successfully eaten just half an avocado and saved the other one for the next day by covering with plastic wrap. It is a good summer lunch, and I'm going to look at some recipes for enhancing the flavor.

@litstuesday I went through a period around that age when I absolutely could not budge my weight. Two things I did not try. I did not overhaul my diet completely, and I did not really increase my exercise.

I don't know if those things would have helped, but I do know that the metabolic changes were really difficult to cope with. Good luck! I don't think it is a permanent problem.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Been sticking to my kcal and eating better in general because of that (can't be filling up on 'empty' calories unless I want to feel like I'm starving all day long lol). Still have serious case of the hangries in the afternoons, but I think my body is just going to have to adjust.

Interview with previous company went well, they'll be extending an offer, but we shall see what they come up with. Still no news on the other position (that I really wanted). Hoping before the end of the day I have some news so I can review things/consider things over the weekend with a little more certainty.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @litstuesday I hear the frustration and disappointment in your post, have been there, and completely understand. Know this - it’s doable to get back where you are and better - even at your age.

I reached my HS weight - 113 - last year - after hovering around 140-145 since around turning 30. I’m 57. I was only trying to reach 125.

I didn’t do anything too crazy. Ate the same foods, but reduced my portions, logged everything, increased water intake, stuck to an exercise routine, and increased NEAT - I moved - a lot. I mean silly stuff - danced whiled washing dishes; body weight squats during commercials, put away one piece of laundry at a time. Being petite, I didn’t have many calories to reduce so moved a lot more.

The one thing that made the last 10 pounds easier to lose was during Lent I stopped snacking on processed carbage for that time period, and I was shocked at how easy that was to lose.

Now I’m up there again. I put on that goal pair of pants (Gulp! And 😡😫) and recalled how good and healthy I felt last year. I want that feeling back - plus the vanity of fitting in my size 2s! 😉

Hope this helps!

• SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @zenobia9777 glad to hear your brother's surgery went well and that he's up and around a bit.
    @ Iitstuesday and @CeeBeeSlim I understand your frustration. I keep lingering between the same 5 pounds lately, but I really haven't been giving 100% effort towards my diet or my exercise. There's a nice breeze outside today so I think I'll be able to get a walk in tonight if it doesn't start raining.
    I track my macros but rarely look at them.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    I did a little better again yesterday. It's a good thing to go looking for ice cream and realize there's none in the house.

I'm going to be brave and weigh tomorrow and post it as incentive to start my normal routine.. Also going to sign up for a yoga class tomorrow since I'm feeling pretty much myself.

Hope everyone has a good day and feels good about what they are doing!!!