July 2022 - Daily Discipline

Options

Replies

• spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Zenobia9777 Hope everyone feels good about what they are doing!! BRILLIANT!!

If you are "stuck" but feel good about what you are doing, I would suggest taking your measurements. In the end, we don't walk around with our weight tattooed on our forehead. We walk in CLOTHES we feel good in. Most people aren't comfortable being an extra large or large. More people are comfortable being a Medium or Small. I recently read that the size of the AVERAGE American woman is now size 18!! That's quite large. Shift your focus to how you can feel positive and focus on that.

I am feeling good about my journey because I am following my plan. I have naturally added more water and am getting closer to drinking one gallon of water again daily. My 12 hour fasts many days end up being 14 hour fasts. Cravings for junk....chips, candy, sodium, fried food....are completely gone. My current treat is ice cream once a week. I exercise and move daily. My measurements are smaller and clothes fitting better. My weigh in day is next week. But again, the positive changes have happened organically just due to being mindful and following my plan. I find myself now drawn to logging lunch occasionally as well as dinner. PROGRESS! 😊 The next step in my plan is to reduce ice cream to every TENdays in August. And soon, begin to log breakfast as well.

That's where I am in my journey! Happy with progress and confident in continued organic improvement. Not forcing anything!

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim 8 lbs!!! Wow. Congratulations.
    @SparkSpringtime69 to answer your question, I have been on and off for years, depending on issues I had with sciatica and other exercise methods. I am in a good period now. I think I've been consistent since the end of February.

I like your idea about testing for Covid. Yesterday I had a day with one grandson. Just stayed home and did crafts. He was so happy. 4 is a great age. It is an option for get togethers and keeps us away from crowds.

Today was a circuit class and I did up the weights some, but I do not think I will be very sore. It was a good amount. Got lazy on the planks, though.

Happy weekend!
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes you ladies are inspiring:
    8lbs in 2 weeks!!
    Nailing job negotiations and fighting for your worth!!
    Hot yoga even in this frickin hot weather!
    Fasting 14 hrs AND only having ice cream once week as a treat.

We are all crushing this! To add to our inspiration list, I played a 90 min soccer game last night in killer heat and ran 9.2km doing it. My legs cramped up and I'm so sore today but the post game beer was delicious and deserved! I can always feel my metabolism revving for a day after a game, like after a hard workout. It makes me feel pumped and fit, at least temporarily LOL.

(as an aside I can't believe the average American is sz 18. Really? I'm not American and so don't want this to sound judgey but that seems big to me).
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    @spirittrail sounds like you've found what's working for you, I hope you continue with your success. I always feel success when my clothes fit better, the scale can be such a fickle thing sometimes.
    @zenobia9777 Your day with your grandson sounds awesome. I haven't done my planks in over two weeks, and now I'm afraid to try because I'm afraid I lost ground.
    @k8richer Great job on the 9.2km! Size 18 does sound sad, especially when you take vanity sizing into account - a size 8 dress today is nearly the equivalent of a size 16 dress in 1958 (https://www.eonline.com/news/687475/a-brief-history-of-women-s-clothing-sizes-and-why-you-just-went-up-a-size). So a size 18 now would have been a size 26 then!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited July 2022
    Options
    sorry, miss-posted and can't delete
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @k8richer it sounds like you had a blast at your game. That is fantastic.
    It is strange about sizing. Clearly it is all over the map anyway.

It's all that crazy fast food, portion sizes and inactivity. I was thinking yesterday why it's just not as simple as stop eating after a reasonable amount.. but it's bad food and the way it makes us feel so horrible so that we don't go and do activities.

@SparkSpringtime69 I will do five planks today if you will!

I walked the dogs about a mile, but today is an off day for exercise. I just need to practice my balance and my planks.

I did pretty well on my food last night.

Make happiness-creating choices!

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Have to do more planks. Thanks for mentioning them.

k8richer I got exhausted just reading what you did! Impressive.

Neighborhood yard sale today. Fingers crossed for a treadmill! Miss my walking - way too hot!

Happy Saturday!
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @k8richer Hi! I'm not American either. And I'm not at all surprised at the size 18 average.

Consider....I had my first Big Mac at the age of 15....and it was a mistake!! I would get a small cheeseburger on my few visits and my cousin just ordered for me what she always ordered. She's American. Fast food restaurants are not part of the landscape in Canada. One sometimes has to search quite hard if they REALLY want fast food.

My husband and I love traveling and just last night he mentioned....Why did we not gain any weight at all after spending three weeks in Greece and eating exceptionally well? When one week in the States can completely destroy us? Not all States, we always exercise and do our best when eating out. Portions are HUGE so we never do a full meal. Usually an entree then share desert. Or appetizers and desert. I cook dinner every night with a heavy emphasis on vegetables. We rarely eat out. Most Canadians don't.

Finally, the States is the ONLY country I have seen in the World with "drive thru" check out lanes in the grocery store. They are EXCEPTIONALLY WIDE so that obese people can walk thru with their grocery carts or those with disabilities caused by morbid obesity can drive electric carts thru. It seems every decade the size increases by one....so an 18 sounds about right. 20 years ago the average size was 14, ten years ago 16.

Lol! I started with a 12 hour fast. It's quite easy. Stop eating at 730 or 8 pm....after dinner....and have breakfast 12 hours later. But I am finding some days breakfast is put off until 930 or 10 am. So a 14 hour fast. ♡ The more water I drink I have NO appetite for sugar, sodium or preservatives. Just start with a simple plan of x amount of water....and x amount of hours without eating. The body adapts and gradually improves. There is never a time limit on feeling your best!

Have a wonderful weekend all....be happy 😊!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @zenobia9777 I just saw your challenge and have already showered up for the day, but if the challenge is still good for tomorrow you're on!
    I'll be sure to check posts in the morning tomorrow :)
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    Let's do it! 6 planks. Start with 10 seconds, then double each time (or your increase) until you can try for a minute!
  • Iitstuesday
    Iitstuesday Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend all. I am so impressed and inspired by this group. It really does seem that everyone is on the right track in a good place.

I’ve been drinking a ton of water and it really does help with appetite. I could definitely use more sleep. Exercise is pretty good but yes - @SparkSpringtime69 i don’t know how you do the heat and humidity in SC. I’m miserable right now in NY. Too many days in the 90’s. Can’t wait for Fall….

@CeeBeeSlim i am in AWE. 8lbs in 2 weeks - amazing!! So inspiring!!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @zenobia9777, Sounds good, I'm in.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    The heat is oppressive! Started a walk and glad i made it to 30 minutes. No escape. Between my parents healthcare needs and my home - there’s no respite! NYC ! DC heat! SC heat ! NC heat!

The only good thing is that it tends to zap my appetite. Scale is staying the same but I think it’s water retention. I’m happy that I’m able to increase my weights so I’m getting stronger and sore! Clothes feel the same so alls good.

Did so much planting yesterday - so proud of my containers - until - our ring camera captured a deer feasting on them and nada left! 😡I was tempted for 15 seconds to just make waffles, and then I calmed down. Eggs - scrambled with zucchini, spinach, bell peppers and onions. I feel proud! But those waffles would’ve been 🤤🤤!

• SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim Sorry to hear about your deer problem. DH and I were just talking about starting a vegetable garden next year and he mentioned we'll probably have to put a fence (chicken wire or whatever) around it so there will be some food for us LOL
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @zenobia9777 Planks done WOOHOO! When I did them last I had 4 at 55 seconds, so I started at 30.
    Did 30, 40, 50, 55, 60 and 60. Thanks for the challenge, how did you do?
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 i don’t know how you do the heat and humidity in SC. I’m miserable right now in NY. Too many days in the 90’s. Can’t wait for Fall….

I stay inside a lot :D . But seriously, I'm hoping I'll get used to it by next summer. Although, I think NJ/NY were hotter than us the last day or so.
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 Hurray!
    I did 10,20,30,40,50,50.

• SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @zenobia9777 do you do them every day or take break days in-between? If you're up for it, we can make this a standing accountability commitment, or just an ongoing challenge, with break days or without. Let me know what you think, and if anyone else wants to join in, you're certainly welcome of course.

• zenobia9777
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 that is impressive! I did not mean to say double each time, but you had a good plan. You are strong!

I am fighting off a GI bug right now..maybe pose a weekly plank goal?

• SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @zenobia9777 I hope your bug goes away soon.
    I do the forearm planks right now not the full straight arm ones. My ultimate goal is to do 3 sets of 2-minute straight arm planks. Once I get up to 2-minute forearm ones, I'm going to switch out to the straight arm.
    This week's goal - 3 sets of 60-seconds, 3 days a week (then add 5 seconds each week until I'm up to 2 minutes).