LC Boot Camp: Active August 2022

Options

Replies

• 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 days, I have been slacking on MFP and my daily goals.
    So the weight and discouragement is rising.
    Today I regrouped and returned to what works.

Today's accomplishments:
    walked 5 miles
    ate sensible
    thought positive

Eye On The Ball ✅

Best Wishes Mates,
    💗 Karen
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    200Karen wrote: »
    For the last 3 days, I have been slacking on MFP and my daily goals.
    So the weight and discouragement is rising.
    Today I regrouped and returned to what works.

Today's accomplishments:
    walked 5 miles
    ate sensible
    thought positive

Eye On The Ball ✅

Best Wishes Mates,
    💗 Karen

Nice job getting back on track. That's the best way to do it. Dust yourself off and back to work! You're doing great.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    8/11 well, I knew things seemed to be going too smoothly! Another tick up on the scale after eating at maintenance yesterday. I was great in the NEAT and movement department but felt like I could eat a horse. I had a steroid shot and 20 days of prednisone due to an allergic reaction so I’m wondering if that is affecting me. Not sleeping well has made the munchie urge stronger too. But I’m focused on how much is going into my mouth so at some point things will flip back to a downward motion. Have a good weekend, all!
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/12 so yes, I was ravenous again yesterday and ate over my calorie goal but should have burned enough to balance things out. Doesn’t seem to work that way for me though. I went from being down nearly 5 pounds last week to being up 3 this week! Net, I supposed I’m still down overall but the swings are crazy. I know this happens so I will just keep on focusing and wait for the progress to start back up. I also had one of my highest activity days yesterday so that is a win.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Got back Sunday night from a weekend business trip. 10 hrs + one way in a car. So 20 +hrs total. Ate pretty decent while traveling and already back to weight before trip. Really working on lower carb intake and not worrying so much about calories. Yesterday was a good day. 10% Carb which was 55 Carbs. Here's to another good day!
  • baconslave
    Options
    back! Camping over and no more trips till Sept 2.
    Eyes on the prize and trying to stay sane.
    Trying to make sure my workouts aren't disrupted but with so much family, stuff happens
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/14-8/16
    I had a few good days in a row when weekends are normally more difficult for me. But my saboteur is behaving himself and also cutting back on snacking so that influence is a big help. I’ve stayed pretty low carb, high protein and fueled up if I’ve needed it. NEAT is still good so hopefully it becomes habit over the month. Scale is slowly creeping down too as much as I want to race to goal.
  • DLSTQ
    DLSTQ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile since I've been on MFP. I started back a week ago. I've been eating low carb and Sweatin' to the Oldies daily. I also ride my tricycle when I can. I'm also counting calories. My goal is to weight 187 by the end of the month.

My best to all!

TQ

8/1 203.4 lbs
    8/8 198.2 lbs
    8/15 193.3 lbs
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/17-8/18
    I’m still doing my thing and am seeing some results. I went off the rails last night with some snacks but I can always pinpoint not eating enough earlier in the day. So today’s focus is ensuring I’m fueled to avoid that. Welcome @DLSTQ !
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Plugging away. A little over carbs. One good day than one bad day than one good day. . . I will break the cycle. At least my bad days are not like they were a year ago, so making improvements.
  • baconslave
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    Plugging away. A little over carbs. One good day than one bad day than one good day. . . I will break the cycle. At least my bad days are not like they were a year ago, so making improvements.

Right? Your bad days aren't as bad, and you'll keep working on it. It's hard to learn to never let perfect be the enemy of better. Better is good enough! Perfect...meh. Perfect doesn't exist. Do what is an improvement for YOU, and you'll get there.
  • baconslave
    Options
    DLSTQ wrote: »
    It's been awhile since I've been on MFP. I started back a week ago. I've been eating low carb and Sweatin' to the Oldies daily. I also ride my tricycle when I can. I'm also counting calories. My goal is to weight 187 by the end of the month.

My best to all!

TQ

8/1 203.4 lbs
    8/8 198.2 lbs
    8/15 193.3 lbs

Hey hey! Looks like you're moving well. Keep it up! And welcome!
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/19-8/21
    Looking to close out the weekend well. My husband and I have gone to one larger meal on the weekends midday and then grab something small if we get hungry in the evening. This seems to work well for both of us. I’ve stayed active with movement and NEAT but may take it easy the rest of the night. As of this morning I’m down 6 pounds for the month and am off the steroids. My appetite seems to have evened out as well. Two weeks until college football season where more pitfalls await me! I’ve got time to formulate a plan to keep on track.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation to the expected 5 lbs up. We were active almost every day but I ate a normal menu rather than low carb. I am ok with that since my intent this summer was to enjoy myself. I've found it's been relatively easy to get that 5 back off from prior trips. Back into my routine today!

I really like that mindset that our bad days aren't as bad and when we can identify causes for digressing from our plan, that's a bonus.

KCKO
  • taylok23
    Options
    I’m still here making progress and had a flex day yesterday to join girlfriends out for a concert. I didn’t track calories and had several adult beverages leading to snacks in the wee hours. But it was a great time so while I take it easy today I’ll be back to plan and getting some needed rest!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Mary 65 now, from Pennsylvania.
    Heaviest weight 255 lbs, twice. :-(
    UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22- 155 lbs
    4/1/22- 156.4 lbs :-(
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs :-(
    6/1/22- 152.2 lbs :-)
    7/1/22- 157.4 lbs :-(
    8/1/22- 167.2 lbs :-( Was MIA in July just crazy busy with work and life to post but read all your posts.
    8/7/22- 167.2 lbs

8/14/22-170.2 lbs :-(
    8/21/22-177.8 lbs :-(
    8/28/22-180 lbs :-( I've been bad. Eating too many carbs!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    Hi All.... I hope everyone is doing well .... As for me .. I haven't been doing low carb ..been measuring my food and eating what I want (I don't feel my best ) but I have been swimming in my pool everyday (today was my last swim) starting tomorrow I will be getting back to walking (1st time since my 4th fall on June 2nd) nervous but excited ..I will also be using my home gym and bands that I bought at Walmart ... Will eventually get my eating back to where I was :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Horrible food weekend but closing out the month with positive thoughts and intentions. Going to an in person work conference this week and I packed gym clothes and sneakers to take advantage of the hotel gym. Already thinking about alternate dinner plans if my team wants to choose high carb locations. Picked up some protein bars for my flights.

@swimmom_1 Hang in there, I'm probably close to that too after this past week. I did say I wanted to enjoy myself and not think too much about food but now I must reign it in. You got this too!
  • offitgoes
    Options
    Big 50 year reunion this last weekend. Big party with over 500 people on Saturday. Lots of carbs. but was behind the scenes so over 7 miles of walking that day. Sunday special get together with over 200 people, more carbs. Incredible weekend of renewing friendships. Grateful to be back to low carbs. My taste buds have changed. Managed to lose a lb through the process.