NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Checking in and saying hi! Hope everyone has a wonderful day ~

ny3pkiq4newz.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,434 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, are you around Buffalo? Glad you can work from home, and HAPPY that Joe is smart enough to just GO SLOWLY!!!
    @Patti241,, LOL Same here!! We are partly sunny, it was 29 and is now 43 which is the high for today. NOT TO SHABBY I SAY!!
    @Cormierannie ,,, Nice to see you having help since you help so many others!! I am also vertically challenged. LOL Those tall friends, family members who are hmmm to "extend" themselves (LOL I COULD NOT RESIST Putting it that way!) are very helpful!
    @Novembergail,, HI Gail!! Sure hope hon your day will be okay, is okay. HI Billie and Catwissa and OOPS the other one too!! I see them, but names escape me!! I keep calling Izzy "WINCEY" who was the cat before her.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    We have about 3 inches of light fluffy snow..forecast was for 1! ..it is beautiful and cold!
    So guess I have a love/hate relationship with Winter..it is so lovely but the cold is harder for me to tolerate now than it was a few years ago. Thank heavens for the cozy wood stove .
    Making a big pot of chicken and noodles for supper..working on an afghan and kicking back for the rest of the day.
    I hope each of you has plans for a fun weekend and will enjoy every day!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,837 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, hope your day is going good. Saw the dr. the shot is working but not as well as I hoped. but my plan and his will be to take muscle relaxers, get back to exercising regularly and in a few months take the shot again. You are allowed 3 a year so I have planned it out. Luckily I don't have the same pain I had, it is there but different, more a nuisance kind of pain.
    I caught up on all the post and enjoyed your video's @DLBEASYRIDER. I especially enjoyed the celebration one you did. I forgot about that song and I really like it. I played it all the time and it was on a radio a lot when the 49er's won their first superball. It brought back good memories and I found it on you tube so I can play it any time again.

Have a great rest of the day all. Hugs and blessings

You are here to evolve and make your consciousness high
    You are here to dance, sing and celebrate life.
    You are here to help others to make their life happy.
    We are here not to compete, but to learn, evolve and excel.
    We are not here to make divisions in the name of prophets and religions.
    We are here to encompass the world with love and light.
    - Amit Ray
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, Does it also make you cough and cough like crazy? I was out today and YO!! Though it sure is PURDY!!! Please take care!! SURE HOPE the kids are helping with the critters. ENJOY that yummy soup!
    @Kurtize, that plan sounds very workable. I am grateful as are you ,, the pain isn't nearly what it was, though not gone either.
  • NovemberGail
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 ~ Everyone has trouble with Cricket's name (because I first started calling him Muffin).

Billy was simply a brat today. She was already giving me clues when I first let her out. She wouldn't stay in front of my cottage, but stayed with the one next door. Then this evening, every time I tried to put the leash on her, she refused to budge. So then I thought she would stay by my side since it was close to dinnertime and I had treats. She ended up getting honked at with me chasing her down the road. Then she goes to the neighbor's to harass their dog. Finally, I got her to follow me in the woods and hoped no one was trespassing for deer. WHEW!

@Kurtize: There are three other people I know that get the shots in their knees. It seems like the pain lessens the longer it is in. Cold weather doesn't help with joint pain. Love your quote by Amit Ray. Hope you don't mind if I share it on our inspiration posts. It is so pertinent in today's climate.

@Katiecondy1 ~ I can smell that chicken soup from here! We have such bitter temperatures and no snow. Somehow snow usually makes it feel warmer. You always sound so cozy in your home with the critters and family and making afghans. Good to read your post!

It was a nice, slow day. Got some light cleaning finished and walked for awhile in the fresh, cold outside.

Tomorrow's word is FLEXIBILITY.

Tonight's photo:

0nwm7wo1yidb.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,547 Member
    Options
    OH MY someone has a love affair with mushrooms and I thought I was the only one who was crazy about them, however, I only eat crimini mushrooms and I am happy with those. !! Look at those beauties eh !!
    My daughter and granddaughter have their first craft fair tomorrow. My sister is taking them and has taken some of her own crafttoo, I reminded her to make sure she can sit otherwise she will be in trouble and I told her to take her cane and USE it... Then on the 26th there is a Holiday Craft Fair for students so I will go and walk around, wont' buy anything though but will drop by granddaugher's stall and see how things be going. I can't go tomorrow, I have my Congregation meeting and then I have to go to London Drugs to get the 2nd part of my order that was not processed right - rains it pours, no more online ordering!!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 so glad you got out for d2d and RVs today, so important - I was a zoom baby today - well that runny nose and throat issue will do that !! BUT I got a good walk in after I took the bus to my sister's I walked home. She went to MacDonald's for her dinner and I went home and had fries and hotdogs, no bun ...oh and coleslaw - something else I ahve a love affair with lol. I ran out of envelopes so might get some over the weekend, or not... no hurry.
    @Katiecondy1 how do you make your chicken soup? I have never been successful at that and I do believe it is the broth ... or me, one or the other. Hope it turned out good and you made lots and lots !
    @NovemberGail Oh that Billie doggie, oh my she be an old girl one day and then these shananagans will pass for sure ... course then you will miss the rascal in her !!
    @Tabatha_Cain did you arrive ok? I think I read that you did, boy Southern ON is sure getting hit by that snowstorm. Not sure how my SiL in Detroit is doing, or my brother and them across the river ... don't miss it, love BC even with our cool temps.. Don't miss the banana belt at all ... Hope your significant other was able to drive to work and back ok too !
    @Kurtize hope it all works out for you ok!!
    Well I need to go check on Amigo, he's doing better - today he even ventured out into the hall way about half way to Natasha's and then went back to the door and just sat there, did not meow but new I was behind him. Sadly we see a boney rear of his body and his spine is boney too - I will weigh him tomorrow and see if he has lost any weight. Gene's call to take him to the vet if needed, but Gene thinks he will be ok.
    Well have a good night everyone, and be safe if you got weather happening !!
    p6uw0xtfwf3s.gif

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a snowy, cold day. Not sticking since it did over night. It has been another long da. But today I got to do it mostly in my own. As usual I struggle with the timing. But also the cooking in batches is different and did that at all three meals. The residents had for breakfast scrambled eggs, cereal, breakfast sausages, and hash browns. For lunch they had pizza burgers or plain burgers, tomato soup, and vanilla or chocolate pudding (I was surprised at how many don't know what a pizza burger is). For dinner they had oven roasted potato wedges, fish sticks, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and tomato soup, and cherry crisp for dessert. I am behind on so much in my personal life. Oh well one day at a time. Oh I almost forgot....The other day my Son called and asked if I needed help to decorate for Christmas. I told him that I didn't know if I would have time this year plus don't really have space to put all the bins till after Christmas as I will not move them back and forth from storage that many times. Then I said oh wait I did decorate. I bought a chocolate Advent calendar and put it up and that's all I need🤣😏
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Novembergail ,,, OHHHH BILLIE OHHHH BILIE!!! LOLOL OHHH BILLIE!!! Sorry gal, but she cracks me up!! Now if she were mine? Maybe not as much, but she's NOT SO I GET TO GIGGLE!! LOL I am NO HELP!! I do this when Roman misbehaves too. Shoot I have to turn away at times, but so does his Mom. The 2 of us are peas in a pod!! SO HAPPY I've influenced her so!! LOL!! Awwww Cricket!! I DID VERY GOOD remembering Catwissa name! Is that for Cat whiskers? COOL Pic of the mushrooms.
    @Lindiemaep ,, I went to my GD craft fair a few years ago (Right before the pandemic) and I had told myself "DO NOT BUY MUCH!" well this lady MAKES HER MITTENS FROM HER SHEEP!! YOU KNOW I HAD to have a pair. SO NICE AND WARM!! Oh man my hands NEVER GET cold on them!! WAY better than ANYTHING I've gotten from L.L.Beans!! ENJOY!! It's fun to look around, fun to buy too! LOLOL!! SURE HOPE Amigo is okay!! Izzy is always lately flirting with sickness, then she is okay and a few days later, back to it. It's so hard, she can't stay on the antibiotics of course the rest of her kitty life and they make her sick now. I'm just letting enjoy what she has as she has it. She's in heart failure also, so it's quality over quantity. I'll do that with myself too.
    @Cseguin2 ,, WE STILL haven't had any REAL SNOW!! It sort of did a teeny weeny bit, but not enough to note of. LOL Buffalo,, LOL Buffalo!! Giggle giggle NOW THAT'S A REAL SNOW STORM!! YO!! Last I heard parts of the area are getting SIX TO SEVEN FEET!! I simply can not imagine that!! Though I'd like to see it!! GOOD JOB on the meals!! The timing will come around as you adjust the amount of the food. I have NO DOUBT they really appreciate it!! Food in such places are one of the few things they really look forward to. I do not decorate for holidays, but I do not do any holidays. The origin of them, and though I had some very good memories, there were also those which were far from happy. Now I notice such a difference between those who do things simply and really enjoy them and those who get so stressed out wanting "the perfect ones"
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,352 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I am going to try and do some shipt orders. I did not take them yesterday due to the weather.

@cormierannie - That is good that you are getting help. I am not very handy either. So I have Joe (my fiance) now to help. We are getting even more handy as we go along.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am in Michigan. This weekend we are in Otsego, MI with Joe's parents. They tend to get more snow than I do at home in Battle Creek.
    @katiecondy1 - I am in the same boat. I love the fluffy stuff. Hate the cold that comes with it.
    @Kurtize - I think that is all I can have in a year also. You probably got a cortizone shot. I love those shots. After about a week it takes all the pain away.
    @NovemberGail - Sounds like Billie had some rebellious phase going on. Hope today is better for you.
    @LindieMaeP - That is good that your granddaughter is selling at the craft fair. I hope she makes some money. We did arrive ok. Joe was able to drive safely into work. It just took him double the time.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Those all sound good. I was shocked that my fiance did not know what pizza burgers were either.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Diane: No snow. But cold.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    It's 21 feels like 10 with a high of 41 for today. Insight Timer Quote: So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.--Ruth Bader Ginsburg I AM: I am focusing on my healing and my growth. Axe Sharpening: Being in a constant state of thankfulness breeds undeniable happiness.--Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine or site. Fitness quote for today: I go to the gym to workout, not talk.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: If it is out of our control, let it be out of your worries.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,105 steps yesterday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, ENJOY the visit!! Hopefully they are feeling more and more like family and you're more comfy. Hope you got an order or MORE!!
    @Patti241 ,,, I think it was 29 when I woke up it's up to 37. LOL that's still on the coldish side. I want to go to the bank, and drop off bottles, though MAYBE I'll wait til Monday. We use the CLYNK system which is RIDICLOUS at this point!! They NEVER pick them up often enough, and if you do not put them into the storage shed type of place after scanning the bags, you do not get the credit of what they are worth. Okay so I really DO NOT care so much about that, it's not much if a bag or 2 goes off the way. STILL LOL it's fun watching the amount go up. With last years $$ from them I took a friend and I out to eat fried clams. That was fun. Of course I can take anyone out, but it was FREE to me, and again that's just FUN to do.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,629 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. my friend is coming over for a visit this afternoon and to reach the higher areas i am not able to reach. plus my friend has offered to look at a few things i have that need fixing while she is there. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • NovemberGail
    Options
    Hi All,

I think Billie's rebellious phase is due that I haven't taken her for a long walk. With it being hunting season, we stay closer to the cottage. Since it's Saturday and more hunters will probably be out, I'll keep her on a leash. The problem with that is if I make her collar tight enough so she can't slip out of it, the color chokes her and I'm afraid if she gets stuck on barbwire or wood, she won't be able to free herself.

Billie is my alter-ego. Both of us are very independent, but she is a lot more reckless! She is so much like my first dog, but I was 30 years younger and able to keep up so much better.

Lindie and Diane, we love our pets so much and hate that they have to get old. They teach us more than we ever imagined.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. I'm sure on the U.S. side of the border, folks are getting ready for Thanksgiving.

kyj9iwednpww.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning, waving to all - heading into my meeting soon - have a fun Caturday eh !!
    wmpyzrzyabmy.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cormierannie,, Hope she's able to get all the things you wish to have done completed. I may be asking a higher up (LOLOL Taller) friend to come over to help me out also. Just have to think of which one. The TALLEST ONE is about 6 feet, she will not need any assistance, but she's also a WHIMP on doing things. She's totally capable, but it's RARELY worth it. LOL WHY have ALL that height and be a WHIMP?
    @Novembergail,, OHHHH YES!! That makes so much sense!! YUP!! They do hold us to a schedule of what they are used tto, and what they want/need. Awwww Izzy is stuck to me like CLING WRAP today!!! They can't understand really why we change things around. SORRY BILLIE,but sometimes a hunter THINKS it's a buck/doe and it's a DOG or worse or about the same (LOLOL depending on who) sometimes a human! Your Mom loves you to much to allow the free roam!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    iqhuo3iqj1h0.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

No my shifts won't be like that regularly that is just because I was in training for breakfast and lunch shifts and had to work the evening as the regular cook has dropped her Friday. I go back to regular schedule unless get called in.

My Son is very thoughtful and it surprised me as he always seemed to hate decorating at my Mom's. He does know how tiring my job is as he did co-op in a restaurant kitchen.

For those that don't know what a pizza burger is. It's a burger on a bun with pizza sauce and pizza toppings. The residents had pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.

Cold and sunny. But the snow has now started moving in. Not sure what morning will look like. But I see a dusting so far on rooftops. Anyways got up at 6 am as normal. Did my posting that I had to do for a group on Facebook then went back to bed. Didn't get back up till almost 11 am. Had to be ready for my ride by 1 pm. Just barely got ready in time. Took my Son to get everything lined up with the mental health team in our city. He will be kept busy and get the help he needs while done work for the season. Then we continued on to my brother's to do cookie's. Turned out really well and had lots of fun. My brother bought Chinese for dinner. Tomorrow is church and then who knows maybe bed as I am still really drained.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @LindiemaeP ,,, LOL LOL CATURDAY!! WOOHOO!! I must of been slowly working on my post when you post and I hadn't refreshed my page. Nice sunset pics too!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Nice to have the added training. WTG!! Awww your S sounds like a lovely soft hearted person. LOVE that you had fun at your brothers house!!! YUMMY Chinese!!! ENJOY tomorrow and hope you slept well!