Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    leni1us

I did pretty good up this week until Wednesday. We went out to dinner for a friend's birthday and I guess I thought that gave me "carte blanche" to have an appetizer, entrée AND dessert (one of my favorites - crème brulee). Then yesterday my husband and I had sushi and a teriyaki chicken & rice dinner. I don't know what I was thinking....wait....that was the problem, I wasn't thinking.

Today, it's been all about water and tracking EVERYTHING!

One of my favorite quotes is an old samurai expression: Fall down seven times, get up eight!

You got up! Good for you, @leni1us!. You also had a good week early on so you might want to review your week. Sometimes I select the weekly view for the “Nutrition” section calories and see that I exceeded my calorie target some days and had a surplus on others so the combined result was not as bad as I imagined. Hang in there!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Congratulations on making the job change @angmarie28. You recognized the problem, and advocated for yourself — well done!

You also acted as a good role model for your children. I’m glad you will be able to get more rest so you’re not exhausted. More exercise time for yourself and extra time with your family sounds great. Enjoy!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge has been opened and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, Sep 18th. Please join us for a Recipe/Meal Planning/Tip Exchange. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10873973/september-week-3-group-challenge-recipe-exchange#latest

Hope to see you this week!
    Jessica :blush:
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @ewilhelm2487 before having my gallbladder out I had to modify my diet for a while as well. I found that as long as my meals were low in cholesterol and fat they were well tolerated. If vegetarian is working for you that’s great!! Paneer is a favourite vegetarian meat substitute in my house. I’m not sure if it’ll be to high in fat though.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Steps 17 Sep: 21.355
    Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • kateineu
    kateineu Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kateineu
    Saturdays
    PW 176
    CW 176
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. I need to pass on weigh in this week. I've been up and down all night sick to my stomach. My normal weigh in day is Mondays. I'm sure I caught a bug from work. I'm hoping it passes quickly.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @ewilhelm2487 - I’m not a vegetarian but I’d like to incorporate more fruit, vegetables, and legumes into my diet. We lived in Japan for many years, and my husband is half Japanese, so we eat a lot of tofu. We buy the firm tofu, which is nice on its own with some soy sauce and scallions. We also like Japanese vegetable curry, and meat-free curry from other countries, too.

For the slow cooker, I like to make chili with vegetables and beans. You can also add the meatless crumbles and I’ll bet your meat-eating family members won’t be able to tell the difference. If you like Mediterranean food, hummus and falafel are too good options. It’s easy to make or buy hummus so I like to buy the large size Arabic bread and separate the pita into two large circles by cutting around the edge. Then, it’s easy to spread a thin layer of cucumber yogurt spread or hummus and add any vegetables you like. For soup, lentils and white beans are great to add.

We sometimes use the meatless crumbles to make fajitas, tacos, or burritos if you think your family would enjoy those. Of course, you can also make a big salad and have some chicken, beef, or salmon available on the side for others. A baked potato with sides (e.g., bacon, cheese, or sour cream for them and cucumber yogurt topping for you?) is another option. I’ll try to think about a few other plant-based staples we like and post a recipe or two in Jessica’s weekly challenge space. It takes a little practice but I’m sure you’ll be able to gradually complement your usual dishes with more vegetarian choices over time. I think the key is not to be too strict or hard on yourself all at once. To me, it seems easier to start with some (low fat) chicken or fish with vegetables while you practice switching in replacement options for the higher fat items, but you’ll find what works for you. I just take longer to adjust to new behaviors than other people, I think.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @ewilhelm2487 before having my gallbladder out I had to modify my diet for a while as well. I found that as long as my meals were low in cholesterol and fat they were well tolerated. If vegetarian is working for you that’s great!! Paneer is a favourite vegetarian meat substitute in my house. I’m not sure if it’ll be to high in fat though.

Good advice based on personal experience @Casandra_W. You make an excellent point about concentrating on eliminating the fat and cholesterol.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 - I hope you feel better soon!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,190 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 9/16: 20,583
    Sat 9/17: 12,357
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal , ty so much. I hope so too. I don't get sick like this very often since Mt eating habits are better but ik I've been under stress at work. We've been putting fall winter donations out and I've worked extra hours so I'm thinking my immune system got hit with something.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @ewilhelm2487 — Oops! I left the final step out on the pita with hummus or tziki spread. Once you add your choice of vegetables, roll up the bread to make a wrap/roll.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

32cb2vzss4z4.png
    l8q5aztchyzf.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    hi50kttzeua2.png

By Pounds
    wvkem3f335oo.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    f2xfpijjcol7.png

By Pounds
    vtha3me5bhf4.png
    ug0pyg0r3krz.png

Team Winners
    cc5cdar2q2yx.png
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    @Walela617 Steps:

9/14: 12,845
    9/15: 11,313
    9/16: 12,699
    9/17: 29,398 (Incuding "Heart Walk" fundraiser at the Charles River Esplanade)
    9/18: None (Fitness tracker not worn on Sundays)
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options

Good steps for friday @frankwbrown where did you walk ? I'm still trying to walk up & down the beach when I get a reminder on my Garmin watch.However the beach where we are now at Paros is not as long as the one at Naxos & only takes 10 mins to walk up & down 😎
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    @ewilhelm2487 Make sure to check out this week's group challenge as it's a recipe exchange, nutritional tip challenge, as well as meal planning tips. Hope it helps you...
    Jess
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Good steps for friday @frankwbrown where did you walk ? I'm still trying to walk up & down the beach when I get a reminder on my Garmin watch.However the beach where we are now at Paros is not as long as the one at Naxos & only takes 10 mins to walk up & down 😎
    I took several hikes north and south of Muir Beach on the northern peninsula of San Francisco Bay.
    Muir Beach is quite small, but it's a part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and there are some great trails throughout the area. Here's a few photos I took during my hikes: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XuKpyADythgmJedeA
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    9/13 9,631
    9/14 5,508
    9/15 9,360
    9/16 5,593
    9/17 8,386
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Msashleybing
    Sundays
    PW: 193.6
    CW: ??

So, yesterday’s weight was 191.8. My scale was acting wonky today and I think it was because it needs new batteries. It showed 187, 195, and 194 for today. I’lol be changing batteries today (had to get some), so I can submit a weight tomorrow or use yesterday’s weight.

My weight Monday was 192.4

————
    Msashleybing
    Sunday
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 191.8

This discussion has been closed.