Shape Shifters Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    @angmarie28 That's fantastic news about the pay increase and all the flexibility they will give you! Sounds like a really great move for you, congratulations!

@CasandraW what you said about setting a proper foundation that is healthy and sustainable is really a huge accomplishment! Like @izzyred9400 said, give yourself credit for getting there, with all the ups and downs.

@izzyred9400 Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Sorry to hear about your back. Good that walking seems to help it!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    I’m a bit late responding to recent updates but I hope everyone is doing well.

@Pupowl - I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. I imagine your mother finds comfort in talking to you. Your shared love of nature, time walking together, and enjoying the birds and other wildlife in the area will be peaceful times to reflect, honor, and remember her sister/ your aunt. ❤️‍🩹

@Casandra_W - I only grow herbs and tomatoes- and we have a fig tree that bears lots of fruit - but I’d love to plant more vegetables and fruit in our yard. We’ve been planning to add some planters for years. Right now, I’m concentrating on downsizing and decluttering items inside the house but then I am going to clean out the shed and improve the yard. I’m hoping I can expand the garden next year. My aunt does a lot of canning and really enjoys the food later. I hope you can really enjoy the ‘fruits’ of your labor later and think all the recent work was worth it.

I think the quick turnaround time must add pressure since you have to respond on natures timeline. I like having time to plan and prepare for transitions mentally so I think my life needs to be clear of other responsibilities (and the items that clutter my life) before I feel comfortable with more spontaneity.

Another complicating factor for nurturing a garden is that I’m hoping to travel more as I look toward retirement. Since I’m 56 and can’t really retire for about 12 more years, so I’ll have about 10 good years to get better at gardening and figuring out the natural rhythms while I dream about the places I still want to visit. We travel a bit now - though it’s been interrupted by the pandemic and caring for aging relatives quite a bit lately - but I’d like to stay longer and immerse myself more in the future. American vacation times are so short and there really isn’t enough time to unwind and relax before it’s time to return. I enjoyed living in other countries when I was younger and would like to experience a few other places that way.

Well, I certainly went off on a tangent. I better get back to caring for my dog while I can. He’s a lot of fun and so loving. We won’t have him forever, so I’m going to dote on him these last years. He’s 11 so the longer travel can wait a few years. Then, after his walk, I’m off to rowing before settling into a busy workday. Happy Friday, everyone!

I don’t have much experience.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @pedal__power good job, it must feel fantastic to be so close.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 220
    CW:222

Sorry I missed last week, was at 40th class reunion gaining weight.
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal can I join the step challenge this month or next month?
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 157.3
    CW: 161.0

I did pretty good up this week until Wednesday. We went out to dinner for a friend's birthday and I guess I thought that gave me "carte blanche" to have an appetizer, entrée AND dessert (one of my favorites - crème brulee). Then yesterday my husband and I had sushi and a teriyaki chicken & rice dinner. I don't know what I was thinking....wait....that was the problem, I wasn't thinking.

Today, it's been all about water and tracking EVERYTHING!

9/16
    Step Count 8,236

• PatriceFitnessPal
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Sorry I missed last week, was at 40th class reunion gaining weight.

😂🤣😂 - I like your sense of humor! I hope you enjoyed the reunion. One event won’t ruin everything. We all deserve to overindulge with friends sometimes. Back to the plan now!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    KHill875 wrote: »
    @PatriceFitnessPal can I join the step challenge this month or next month?

@jessicakrall8 will get you going @KHill875. She’ll want to know how many steps you want to set for your daily goal and where you like to walk.

Good for you for taking the first step. One of these days I’m going to join the fun. I’m not ready yet but I’m getting closer to the day —
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    leni1us wrote: »
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 157.3
    CW: 161.0

9/16
    Step Count 8,236

Hey @leni1us Missing your steps for the 15th...please advise.
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,180 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Thu 9/15: 17,377
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,553 Member
    @izzyred9400 @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you both for the kind words.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,553 Member
    Steps
    14 Sep: 20.410
    15 Sep: 20.193
    16 Sep: 20.501
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I am still managing to keep the 20k steps going, despite some rough days. Earlier this week I had two pretty bad nights. It was like there was a portal to the mosquito realm in my room. Whenever I dealt with one, another showed up. The second bad night, I was so extremely annoyed and angry, that I decided to just get up at 3:35 at night. I had a one hour nap later in the morning, but that didn't really make up for the missing sleep so I basically resembled a walking zombie that day. Thankfully I had a glorious 9,5 hour sleep the next night and I haven't been bugged by mosquitos since.
    My aunts ceremony was yesterday. I wasn't able to be there in person. It would normally take around 3 hours to get there with public transport, but on Friday there was a country wide strike of bus & tram drivers, so it would have been really unreliable. I was pretty happy when the ceremony also got live streamed, so I could still sort of be there. It was lovely; there were a lot of people and heaps of flower bouquets. My brother also arranged flowers with a ribbon with our names on it which I really appreciated.
    I got a migraine aura for the first time later that day. It was a bit annoying, though it didn't last too long. I got a pretty severe headache after, but my painkillers actually worked for a change. Good thing too, because Tinus had an appointment with the groomer in the afternoon. He is silky soft now and he smells amazing. I am sure he thinks I am crazy because I have just been pressing my face in his fur to sniff him. :lol: I love him so much.
    Happy Saturday everyone <3
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Bassclef
    Friday
    PW 184
    CW 185
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:242.9
    CW:240.1
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    I recently started a vegetarian diet due to a bad gallbladder. I've had issues every time I've gotten pregnant, and a few months after but with a diet change, I've been able to go without surgery. (It's just not an option right now)
    So I figured I'd come here and ask any of you who live a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle and see if you can give me some Meal ideas. Maybe some things you like to throw in a crockpot or something fast and simple. I've tried plant based meatless products and I just don't know how I feel about them yet lol So any soups, dishes that my non vegetarian family members may even like lol
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 231.4
    CW 231.2

I’m happy with this. I was yo-yoing a lot recently
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 268 Member
    Yukie_OP Saturday weigh-in
    PW: 133
    CW: 131

I'll check back in later to get updates on how you all are doing and post my steps.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    3pph04psa302.jpg
    Missing Weigh-ins for this week (incl today):
    @msashleybing
    @Rachelw124 (x2)
    @JenHul (x2)
    @laceyf53 (x2)
    @kcpond
    @kateineu

Stats tabulation for Week2 begins EARLY Sun morning, so please report in today! Thanks for helping us to keep our records caught up!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.