Fat2Fit in the Kitchen - Recipes, Tips, and More!

Options
124»

Replies

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,073 Member
    Options
    One of my sknnytaste favorites: I love this soup. I add some parmesean rind to the soup, delicious; makes the most flavorful soup. If they don't completely dissolve while cooking you can either remove, or just eat along with the soup. Sometimes the bigger pieces can be a bit chewy though. You could use ground turkey to make it even lighter. Some people say add garlilc, hot pepper - I've done both and both are delicious.

6k61p3gixarn.jpg
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/beef-tomato-and-acini-di-pepe-soup/
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @ddainiak Good choice! I have made this recipe and loved it.

What's everyone in the US making for the 4th of July? I'm thinking of making these:

Hawaiian Bacon Pineapple Chicken Kebabs https://cafedelites.com/hawaiian-chicken-bacon-pineapple-kebabs/
    Olive Garden Salad https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/spiralized-cucumber-salad-with-olive-garden-dressing-copycat-video/

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I’ve made a very similar chicken kabob recipe in the past. It’s always a hit.
    I’m celebrating Canada Day and making pulled pork and baked beans.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @CasandraW Oh good to know! Happy Canada Day to you (when is it? Is it the 4th?)! Pulled pork and baked beans sound wonderful.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Canada Day is July 1st. We celebrate it the same way the 4th of July is celebrated in the US.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @CasandraW Oh good to know. Enjoy!
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweets person. I guess part is how I was raises, after supper you have dessert. I made some homemade fudge pops. Each were less than 100 calories each and only 5 g sugar. Definitely a keeper recipe!
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @lindamartin27 I grew up with dessert too. I now have fruit instead of dessert.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweets person. I guess part is how I was raises, after supper you have dessert. I made some homemade fudge pops. Each were less than 100 calories each and only 5 g sugar. Definitely a keeper recipe!

Me too. Always dinner then dessert growing up
  • lindamartin27
    edited January 6
    Options
    Does anyone know how to share recipes you have created in MFP to where can put them in discussions? I can't seem to do anything but type in the comment section.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    edited January 6
    Options
    Does anyone know how to share recipes you have created in MFP to where can put them in discussions? I can't seem to do anything but type in the comment section.

That's a really good question. I just went to my own recipe collection in MFP, clicked on "copy". It opened the recipe and I copied the URL. Here goes the paste -

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit_v2/58151364464317

Let's see if it worked!

It seems to work! I do not think I needed to click on "copy" at all, though. I'm sure that just opening up your recipe and copying the URL will do the job. Great idea!

Anyone have some good recipes to share?

ps - if anyone wants to make that soup recipe, just cook it all up until the beans are soft, hit the whole batch with an immersion blender to make it thick and smooth, and enjoy! I didn't put the cooking instructions in there...
  • trooworld
    Options
    @jugar I don't know that it worked, I didn't see any ingredients when I clicked on that link.

Here's an easy Mexican recipe that is delicious. I got it from a former coworker who was from Mexico. The level of spiciness depends on how many dried red chili peppers you add. Serve over rice.

Chicken with Green Chili Sauce
    1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
    black pepper
    seasoned salt
    garlic powder
    1 lime
    SAUCE:
    10 tomatillos (husks removed and then rinse)
    1 tomato
    1 clove garlic
    2 jalapeno
    3 red chili peppers dried
    salt to taste
    2 tablespoons olive oil

Season chicken with pepper, salt, juice from the lime and garlic powder. Heat oil in skillet. Put seasoned chicken in skillet. Saute until browned.

At the same time, make green sauce:

Boil tomatillos, tomato, jalapenos, and red peppers until soft. Drain and place in a blender with garlic and salt. Blend until smooth.

Combine sauce with chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over rice.

• lindamartin27
    Options
    @jugar there wasn't anything when I checked link also

@trooworld that recipe seems delicious! Definitely adding to my To Try List. Thank you!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    @lindamartin27 and @trooworld Bummer! When I click it on my computer, it goes there. Hmmph. I'll let MFP know and maybe some day someone might fix it.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @lindamartin27 you are welcome! I hope you like it.

Here is a snack/appetizer recipe that I recently discovered that I love. It uses an air fryer to "fry" the pita chips. I think you could get away with less oil. If you don't have sumac (which can be found at international markets), a good sub would be garlic powder and parsley:

Air Fryer Pita Chips - https://thecoppertable.com/air-fryer-pita-chips/

And to go with it, my favorite hummus recipe:

2 cups canned garbanzo beans drained
    1⁄3 cup tahini
    1⁄4 cup lemon juice
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 cloves garlic halved
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 pinch paprika
    1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley

Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.

Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
  • trooworld
    Options
    My husband made this recipe last night. According to MFP, the recipe was 347 cals, 28 carbs, 19 fat, and 15 protein BUT high in sodium. It was super good and quick to make:
    Chicken Wontons in Spicy Chili Sauce - https://pinchofyum.com/chicken-wontons-in-spicy-chili-sauce

ngzzx5hlc0e7.png
  • lindamartin27
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    My husband made this recipe last night. According to MFP, the recipe was 347 cals, 28 carbs, 19 fat, and 15 protein BUT high in sodium. It was super good and quick to make:
    Chicken Wontons in Spicy Chili Sauce - https://pinchofyum.com/chicken-wontons-in-spicy-chili-sauce

ngzzx5hlc0e7.png

Looks divine! Adding to my TO TRY LIST!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ey6mlic7od4h.jpg

We had this for dinner tonight poured over some cauliflower rice. my family tore it up! Tummy!