Monthly Post for October 2022

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
Just starting a new month. Hope this one is good!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I totally forgot about starting a new thread on Saturday. LOL Thanks Kate!

I tried to relax this weekend. I started a new class related to my job, and it is ten weeks long and kind of involved with a lot of study and reading and a test at the end. Feeling a little stressed with family having a hard time, work being so darn busy and now school. Sigh... I am going to power through it. I already paid for the "prep" class. I got this.

@KateNkognito I saw your post about the lineman heading down to Florida! Please thank them for me. My family has been able to score some generators which hopefully there will be gasoline for, and this will greatly help them weather the next SEVEN WEEKS without power. Ugh. :(

Keep my family in your thoughts. Let's hope it takes less time than that. My poor nephew cannot attend school if there is no power or gasoline to power the school buses. :(

Going to get some work done. Grateful to be working from home today.

See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So, I probably ruptured a cyst. I felt awful yesterday, but no subs equals trying not to hurl on students all day. Good news is that I got in a solid 24 hour fast!

@Meghan509 I hope they get the power restored sooner than that! We had a bad ice storm and it took about a week to get power back. I can't imagine SEVEN weeks! Praying for all of them. Good luck with your class. School when you are working is no fun.

Ok. Must get ready for the rest of the school day. Wish me luck. They are energetic today!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Looks like I just missed you, @KateNkognito LOL Hope you feel better!! UGH. 24 hour fast is awesome but feel better. :)

Yep, spoke to my family yesterday. Dad and Step Mom are now on the east coast of Florida for the time being. My Step Mom's sister offered her house so they can have electricity and peace of mind. My brother stayed behind with the generator and since he is working.
    Sister, husband and kids are doing okay. They have their generator rolling. Fingers crossed that this all gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Today was a really hectic day traffic wise but I left extra time and wasn't late but still stressful. Rain + tractor trailer accident + rush hour = no fun... Next week all of our senior management team is traveling so I am planning to work remote most of the week. Even just doing that will be a big help to my stress level. More sleep, less traffic. Just being at home is good for me.

Planning to get back on track with eating better and tracking calories. Been slacking big time.

Hope you have a good day and see you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Today's commute was MUCH better! A little rainy again today but the grass and trees need it. The summer was tough on us with very little rain. After today the weather should be nice and sunny and warmer for the next ten days. I like it.

Not much else to share here. All quiet. Just plugging along and getting my work done.

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today I feel much better! 16:8 eating. Makes my body happy. My brain prefers ADF. I'll mix it up. I've been having some thoughts lately. Processing some things. I think I have found a real reason to get this weight loss done. I'll put it "on paper" when I get it all sorted.

@Meghan509 I am glad traffic was better today. I would love to do teaching from home. It was my favorite part of the pandemic. Glad to hear that the family is doing ok. I hope the clean up goes swiftly.

Dinner, maybe a little grading, and then bedtime for this old gal. Stay safe and healthy, all!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today I actually recorded what I ate! Crazy stuff. Today was a good day at work. Test day is always so peaceful. Even my naughty class was good. I hope Friday Eve was good for everyone else!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Looks like I forgot to check in yesterday! Sorry about that. I like my Monday through Friday posting routine... Bah.

In any case, yesterday was not too bad. I made a recommendation that we hire a new office manager / receptionist because once again it has been VERY busy and another set of hands would help greatly. I suggested a part timer, so there is a good chance they will go for it. Fingers crossed.

@KateNkognito I am trying to get back to recording what I eat. The other day I noticed we are no longer able to use the bar code scanner without paying for Premium. Big bummer... I will just take a little time to log in everything I eat regularly and then choose from it. Trying to get back on track.

Hope your day went well yesterday and today is a good one. I am so excited about only having to go in to the office next week in person for one day. More sleep, less traffic and stress makes me happy.

Hope you have a good Friday and a nice weekend and I will see you all soon! :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Forgot the best news ever!!!

POWER CAME BACK ON LASTNIGHT FOR MY FAMILY IN FLORIDA!

<3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    YAY! For electricity, Meghan! I hope you get help at work. Enjoy your days at home. Traffic makes me angry, too.
    I had a pretty good day today and I recorded what I ate a second day in a row. On a roll! Going to enjoy my weekend. I need to do a wee bit of grade entering. Otherwise, sleeping and laundry for the win.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Thank you @KateNkognito it is definitely the little things that help! LOL Less traffic means less stress for me. More sleep means less stress too. Comfy clothes! You get the idea... :)
    Hope you had a good productive weekend with some rest! I need to take down my sad tomato plants. Due to the lack of rain and an increase in hungry deer they didn't fair too well. :(

We had a nice weekend. Went and saw BFs parents yesterday and had a nice dinner with them. His Mom is a great cook. Didn't really get much done around the house. Lots of laundry to do and I need to change my clothing and shoes over from warm weather to cool weather. Planning to do that tonight after work.

Trying to get a grip on my time management lately has been hard. Work's been busy but another set up hands will help. Also this class I am taking has turned out to be more time intensive than I had planned but it is what it is... It is a few months out of my life. I will get through it and it will look good on my resume and for future career aspirations. :)

Hope you have a great day and a nice week ahead. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It was a busy day, but not too shabby for a Monday. Busy week ahead, but if I get all my grades in, I get Friday off! I am also thinking about taking a day off in a couple of weeks. I just need a day to catch up with my life.

@Meghan509 Glad it was a nice weekend. I hope you get all the things done and plenty of rest, too. This time of year always feels rushed. I think it is the days getting shorter.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Good, glad to hear it @KateNkognito I know what you mean about a day off. Sigh... We are heading out for a long weekend soon a little further up in New England with another couple. Been planning it for a while. We did similar last year. Taking Friday, October 21 as a vacation day. Can't wait! My plan is to eat as much seafood as possible. LOL

Week is going pretty well so far. Got a good chunk of my warm weather clothing organized and ready to be put away in bins. Will do rest today after work.

Not much else happening here which is fine by me. Speak to you soon!! Have a good one too.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    That day when you know you are going to have to repeat the directions 542 times...
    However, tomorrow they are watching a video and I am going to finish grading. Win!
    Have a good one! I am off to bed early.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    One. More. Day. Grades in. Tomorrow's video cued up. Popcorn and blankets ready for after school. Three day weekend, here I come!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Darn it, I forgot to check in yesterday!

Went to the office yesterday and it was busy, not crazy, and productive. Back home today. Nice to sleep in a little longer and not have to deal with traffic!!

Not a whole lot happening here which is fine by me!

Hope you have a good day today, @KateNkognito and I love the whole movie thing with popcorn and blankets! So cute! Enjoy your much deserved day off!!

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Slept in. Took the kid to school. Got breakfast. Back in bed. So far, a fantastic day! Enjoy your weekend, all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Look at that, 5pm Eastern woo hoo!

Hope you had a nice day off Kate, and you have a great weekend!

Busy but productive day here. Nice to be working from home.

Have a nice weekend and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So, I am going to go deep here. I have really struggled with anxiety and I also get seasonal depression. I also have about 60 pounds to lose. I eat to cope... a lot. I also use caffeine to help with ADHD. I know. I'm a mess up in here. :o
    Physically, I am getting joint pain, short of breath, and sleep is not great, so I am almost always exhausted. 5 feet tall on a good day and I weigh 182 lbs. I used to be all big butt, but in the last few years it has shifted to around my waist.
    I have struggled with motivation to lose weight because I don't envision myself as overweight. When I was younger I was thin and little. I still see that when I picture myself. It is often a shock when I catch a view of myself in the mirror.
    Now onto the deep psychological bit. My biological dad was a drug addict and I hadn't seen him in 30ish years when I found out he died a few weeks ago. He wasn't a bad guy, he just chose his bad habits over his kids. I moved on a long time ago. But his passing has made me think. Am I any different than him? My bad habits are going to take years off my life. It has really made me think hard about why I want to lose weight. However, I am still working through and trying to figure out how to balance all the things in my head and make a solid choice to lose weight. I don't want my kids to ever think that I put cookies ahead of them.

I just needed to get that out there.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Happy Monday. Hope the weekend was good. Mine was pretty productive. Finally got the last of summer shoes and clothing put away in boxes. Working from home today and completed a biometric screening this morning for my employer. I go to a lab at a local drug store, where they check height, weight, cholesterol and all that fun stuff. I do it so I get an incentive from my employer. I have been dreading hopping on the scale because I have not been focused on losing weight lately. Today the nurse gave me an out and said "what do I put for a weight?". Gave her a number I felt comfortable with and that was that. Time for me to get off my rear and do something about my weight. This week I am starting to get back to real tracking and aiming for 1400 to 1500 calories.

In a similar vain of what you mentioned above, @KateNkognito it is time for me to get back to being serious about my weight and not just checking in and recording my daily coffee with milk. I am owning the fact that I don't have a real diary lately and haven't for months. As a result of being too stressed, too lazy, too busy at work, too whatever my weight has increased. Back in to large tops and size 14 pants. Back in the fall of 2020 I had gotten down to small tops and size 8 pants. I was only around ten to fifteen pounds from getting to goal weight and then boom. The scale creep started.

Wanted to let you know I appreciate your deep post and I can relate to a lot of it. Getting deep here myself today.

My Mom is and has always been overweight. She has "dieted" (don't like the term) over the years on and off in her own way but she really does not do anything or understand how to eat healthier and pay attention to calories, carbs, sugar, etc. She just has no clue. In the last few years she would tell me how she has two plain donuts for breakfast and then nothing for lunch and then dinner and this has helped her lose weight. Really?! What I am trying to say is I am human, I am my mother's daughter and I also have habits from her that I don't like about myself. Nobody is perfect.

I just wanted to say, be kind to yourself. I only "know" you here but I can tell that you are a great Mom to your kids and a great wife and a good teacher. Focus on the good things. You are not addicted to drugs and passing along that behavior to your kids. You broke the cycle and that is awesome. You educated yourself and you are an awesome teacher as a result. As far as weight and healthy living, do the best you can to be a good impression on your kids and to be there for family. That is all you can do. Focus on the good. It will all work out in the end.

Sorry for my long rambling post. I hope it helps provide some comfort to you. Hang in there. We are all in this together!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Thanks, Meghan. I totally get it. I was over halfway to my goal in the late fall of 2020 and then I started to slide, too. It was a whole host of things. Now, I am getting back to work and I am going to lose weight again. I can't do it for myself. I have too much going on in the headspace. But for my kids and out of pure spite for my family history, I can do this.

On a happier note, my weekend was lovely. Which is good because those kids were LOUD today! I also started a modified ADF fast yesterday evening. 20 hours, small meal, 18 hour fast, and I will have a nice lunch and dinner tomorrow and repeat.

I really appreciate having this space to work through weight related stuff. Other people I know either don't get it or sabotage me.

Have a lovely week, all! Be good to yourselves and be healthy.