Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Ugh I think I missed my weigh in yesterday, sorry!!!

happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 137
    CW: 136

Steps:
    10/25: 9,720
    10/26: 13,466
    10/27: 15,294
    10/28: 9,284
    10/29: 14,151
    10/30: 10,111
    10/31: 13,769

I’m a 35yo married mom of 2 (5yo and 3yo) and right now just very busy and depressed. But some positive news; Monday I signed up for a trade membership at a local gym. I have to work a certain number of hours watching kids in the gym nursery each week/over the course of 13 months, and I get a free gym membership out of it! It’s an incredible (and very expensive) club with many amenities and I’m so excited about this. It’s really going to help me stay on track through the cold cold winter. I’ve only got about 11 lb to lose to reach my ultimate goal weight. Yesterday I ran my fastest mile yet 10:18.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    PW 10/24/2022: 219.4

Check in weight (10/31/2022): 222 UGH
    Check in weight (11/7/2022):
    Check in weight (11/14/2022):
    Check in weight (11/21/2022):
    Check in weight (11/28/2022):

Good morning! October was not great at all. I am ready for November! Second knee surgery (right) on 11/29!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,073 Member
    @Cornanda here's the repost

I ordered an egg and chicken from Amazon.

I'll let you know.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@DrewsAnna - great job hitting your goals!

@Cornanda - in intervals 😂 when I know we will be stopping shortly i chug extra. That’s how I get most of my steps in, walking into stores, some days we park up to 1/4 of a mile away. When I get home I really have to deliberately get up and move to get my steps in.

Thanks @TeresaW1020 & @trooworld! And I’ll always jump in on challenges!

@19shmoo69 - I’ve been reliving a mortifying moment at a family get together several years ago when I said out loud the funny thought that popped into my head, everyone just looked at me like I was stupid. I’m sure no one’s even remembers what I said but I can’t forget it! 🤣

@happysquidmuffin - I’m sorry you’ve been feeling down but that sounds so amazing!!! What a trade off!! You’ve been doing really great!

Everything went pretty smoothly today so we should be home tomorrow night! I did my lifting workout and went up in weight on most lifts but didn’t bring matching Dumbbells over 15lbs so I didn’t go up on all but felt I could! Really love this program, it’s crazy how quickly you start to feel strong!!! Food has been great, proud of myself for guesstimating very well then logging it before eating to make sure I could consume it all! I have a tiny bit of walking to do to close out step goal then off to bed!!!

Today I’m most grateful for my health and mobility! Watching my mom struggle with her knees this past year really made me appreciate all I’m able to do!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @DrewsAnna I didn't know you feed the ferals, I used to do that with ones in my yard (a mother had kittens under my shed), a couple would come in and night when the others weren't looking and act like normal non-feral cats while inside, well one did the other didn't really want to be touched but liked being in the house. The last one disappeared earlier this year but I ended up adopting two feral kittens from a rescue group, I honestly think the ones in my yard helped prepare me to take them on as I learned a lot of patience with them. It definitely takes time to win their trust! I'd love to see your pup and feral kitties!

@Cornanda What book are you reading?

@TeresaW1020 I think freezing the candy and having one day you can have it is a great idea. I know if I made things off-limits all the time I would binge if I did have it so I get the mindset there, if things aren't completely off-liimits it's mentally easier to cope with.

@trooworld Love your pics from the other day! Glad you had a great time with your best friend. I don't get to see mine often but it's always like being with family when I do. I've saved that chickpea meatball recipe before, I have to try that because both then and now I was excited about it! Between all of the recipes I've saved here I need to do a challenge to do all my saved recipes once a week, I have tons on Pinterest I've never tried too!

@happysquidmuffin Congratulations on the gym membership, the trade sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to hear what you end up loving there.

@leonadixon Sorry to hear about October, I know that time before surgery goes super slow and you can't wait to get it over. Hope November is better for you!

@19shmoo69 How do you drink your coffee? If you went to a coffee shop what would you order? I used to be a mocha or if it was Starbucks a frappacino but with calorie counting I switched over to Cold Brew with light cream-type drinks. At home I add a small amount of creamer or a half serving of a protein drink though I used to drink a lot of creamer. There's some tasty peppermint ones coming out soon but since I have white chocolate pepperint creamer hopefully I'll be able to resist.

Hi everyone! Didn't get much rain today but had a hard time sleeping so it was a mellow day. One of the websites I do work on has been down for a few days which is frustrating since that's the one I use the most. I don't know if any of you remember I had a distant cousin contact me on 23andMe and we met when I went to my first cousin's funeral last year. He's only about 20, he's my Grandpa's brother's grandson and he's really into researching our family. He sent me a video of my great uncle's surprise 75th birthday, I was just watching it and as soon as I saw my Grandpa I started bawling, I never cry (hardened up since it makes my pain worse) but seeing him walking around got to me as we were real close and he died when I was in college. I meditated and will probably add that on to a Thanksgiving challenge if we do one as well as stretching twice a day. One of my friends started a 30 plant-based items either in a week or a month so I'm eating a ton of produce in case it's the first. Have a great Thursday, this week is flying by!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    edited November 2022
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 196.8
    CW: 198.8
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    @trooworld yes, we need to do a Thanksgiving challenge 😊

@happysquidmuffin that club sounds wonderful

@Katmary71 I used to let 2 of the ferals in the house but, the "gifts" they brought were sometimes bigger than they are so, in the house didn't really last very long. I set the first 2 up in the garage. They come and go as they please. Over the summer, Chipper started being real curious about the coffee table in hubby's man cave and sure enough, there was mama kitty and her 2 kittens under it. Lol.... I'll post some pictures for you as soon as I can.

I have had a very lazy day. My hubby hasn't been feeling well so, I hung out in the bedroom for awhile so he could rest in the living room. That was a huge mistake. I should've worked out in the spare room. Instead, I fell asleep and lost all my ambition. I did drink all my water and my some good food choices and thankfully all the candy corn is gone. Lol.... Tomorrow, I will workout and use the resistance bands. Hopefully, my weigh in won't be that bad.

Day 2, today I'm thankful to have a comfortable home to live in.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Steps Check-In

29th - 3696
    30 - 2654
    31 - 5421
    Nov 1st - 20751
    2 - 2465
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @19shmoo69 - thanks for the repost. I think that everyone feels like that sometimes. You be you!

@Katmary71 - I'm reading Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeny. It's for my book club. I'm not digging it- the end might change that, we'll see.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @19shmoo69 Oh Darren, I can relate to your humor situation: I have a very odd/morbid sense of humor and I forget that a lot of times. Sometimes I say something that I think is funny and then...crickets. :)

@happysquidmuffin Congrats on the loss! I'm sorry about the depression, that's tough. I've suffered from depression all of my life, so I can empathize. That's great you signed up for a trade with the gym. Congrats on your fastest mile yet!

@leonadixon Here's to a great November!

@shaunarlr83 Sounds like you are doing great! Woo hoo!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Oh I know what you mean about the saved recipe thing...I'm up to 7,364 recipes saved. Luckily, they are all organized really well so it's not a big mess. I'm sorry about the video, sorry it upset you. That's good you are eating a ton of produce, it's good for you! :)

@DrewsAnna Okay, there are several onboard so I will create one! I think it would be hard to be in a bedroom and NOT sleep. :)

Hi all. Since several of you expressed interest in a challenge, I will create a Thanksgiving challenge so start thinking about what you want to make as your goal(s). My husband is starting to get sick with a cold (I hope it's a cold!) and I just know he's going to pass it to me, too, so I have that to look forward to lol.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    8zrm3yfw8y70.png

Join your team for a Thanksgiving Challenge!
    Start: Friday November 4th
    End: Thursday November 24th

Pick a goal or two to focus on and report in here how you are doing!

Competition has been shown to increase physical motivation and attention. It also inspires people to do their best, not just enough. You are only competing against yourself, we are all here to cheer you on!

So let's hear it: what are YOU going to focus on for the challenge?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited November 2022
    @Katmary71 if I go somewhere for coffee I order a large Americano nowadays with 2 extra shots of espresso. Starbucks isnt bad. They're not as friendly as they used to be.
    If you're in Nashville there's a place called the Frothy Monkey. These people know coffee. I had a conversation about the flavor profile I wanted in my Americano. After getting the adventure in a cup I took my first sip by the door. I had to turn around and go back to thank the person and shake his hand.
    Uniquely not all storefront brands can mimic tastes into a department store brand.
    There's a coffee shop close to my son's house called Airship. It was really good. We actually found some of there coffee at a Walmart. Bought a few bags, different types. Terrible. Nobody in the family liked it. Gave it to some friends and they threw it away. I'm thinking the profiles they were selling is not the same as what they were serving.
    I did try a newer drive thru company. I think I ended up spending $20 for 2 cups of coffee. Unfortunately that is exactly what I got 2 cups of coffee. Not going there again.

That's more than what you asked for but I can talk coffee.

Hi my name is Darren. I drink coffee.

P. S. https://drinksupercoffee.com/blog/nutrition/what-is-an-americano/
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    🦃Thanksgiving Challenge🦃

🍽 Log everything I eat!
    🧍🏽‍♀️ 50 side bends each side!

I used to do side bends almost everyday and it drastically reduced my “love handles” I have been incorporating a few when I have to modify a bit on my workouts, basically I just hold a weight or weights and bend straight to the side using my core muscles to stand back up straight, sometimes I add in a row at the top to work my arm as bit also.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in: Thursday
    PW: 155.4
    CW: 157.3

Gah! 😞😠 2 lb gain. This is it, no more messing around.

Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday
    2) Track my food everyday (except Thanksgiving day)

Y'all I've been on a roll! Last night, I sat on my glasses and broke them, thankfully I still have my old ones. I'm happy they were fixable and I didn't have to buy new ones.
    This morning when I took my meds, I grabbed the wrong box and took my evening meds instead. Lol, there's a reason why they are supposed to be taken at night. Lol, I will pay attention tomorrow. Now, it's time to make dinner lol, hopefully, I won't screw that up some how... 😂😂

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 139.0
    CW: 138.7
  • DrewsAnna
    Thanksgiving Challenge:
    1) 10,000 steps everyday ✔
    2) Track my food everyday ✔ (except Thanksgiving day)

Day 3: I'm thankful I still have my old glasses.

ffnssncgnjjd.jpg

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @DrewsAnna Oh no, I'm scared to ask what the cats brought in! I hope your husband feels better. Resistance bands are awesome, I need to use mine more! I do for legs every other day. I'm so glad you were able to fix your glasses, I've sad on mine more than once! Have you been tired all day? I've accidentally taken my sleeping pill in the morning before, I'm cracking up because I can relate. I'm a total idiot the first two days of that TOM and have done so much stuff especially when I used to get migraines too. Hope the fire alarms didn't go off with dinner!

@Cornanda I hope your book has a great ending! I can't remember if I read that one, it came out awhile ago, right? A book club would be fun!

@trooworld I hope your husband is feeling better soon and it misses you. I tend to catch everything too so I get the “it's inevitable” attitude!

@19shmoo69 The Frothy Monkey sounds awesome! We have a coffee shop near here with super expensive coffee, I haven't gone to it but the menu sounds awesome! You can always talk coffee with us, I may not know as much as you but know a little! San Francisco Bay coffee is in the town my parents live in, I talked my Dad into going to their open house a couple years ago where you could walk around sampling coffee, it was really fun and their coffee is pretty good for one you can get at Costco.

@shaunalrl83 Hm I may have to try those side bends! I do side planks then with leg lifts but I'm guessing that side crunch helps a lot.

Hi team! Day's been a little rough, it started when I opened the dryer door and a pen with leaked black ink all over it fell out onto the door, that was definitely NOT in a pocket so I have no clue how it got in my wash. Ironically right before I left the farm the other day I shoved some garlic cloves in my pocket and those went through the wash but they haven't turned up yet. Had a bad appointment with the pain clinic which is leading to more appointments, I want injections in my feet for more movement but she first lectured me about not keeping up with my diabetes (I lost 75lbs, am off medication, and my A1C is 5 and I've had neuropathy 20 years before I had diabetes so I shut that down) then went into my vitamins which has also been monitored. I have to get my primary involved and you can't get through to the office to make appointments so tomorrow I'm setting all afternoon aside just to make an appointment.

Goals: meditating, eating variety, longer stretching or 2xs a day.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member

Weekly Weigh In:

PW: 74.5
    CW: 74.2

Hi all.

Plodding along here. Small loss this week,
    Which was a surprise because it has not been a stellar week food wise. Yesterday and today I tracked everything tho and made my water goal so hoping that is the corner turned.

@trooworld I definitely think a proper challenge is ideal for me right now. I’ve been trying to come up with goals for weeks but just can’t find anything that I find both motivating and realistic. Got a ping tho when @shaunarlr83 mentioned side bends so I think I’ll steal that - 50 might be a bit optimistic for me tho 😂. Let’s start with this as a minimum plus the commitment to report in every day:

1. Side bends with hand weight - 20.
    2. 2 litres water
    3. Track all food
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:238.0
    CW:242.5
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 170.8
    CW: 171.5

+0.7

Not happy about this.... went up over 2 pounds last week also..... need to get myself sorted out.
This discussion has been closed.