Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,573 Member
    Options
    @EclipsedAgain ,,, lol it happens. Hope today Trish was fantastic!
    @Cseguin2,,, oh hate days that go in reverse , yet I learn from them also. Glad the fish withered out okay. Fryers aren't always easy. Nice job. Sleep well
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This kinda turned into my blog I think..was supposed to be "just a note"..and turned into much more...
    Ahh really late PM check in..Chuee got me up at 4ish this AM with a "need out now!" yelp...that gets you out of bed , on your feet and moving before your eyes even focus!! After doing the dogs out..dogs in routine, I crawled right back in that used to be warm spot. Molly got to join me as I let the Littles stay in Area 51 (laundry room, they have blankets and beds and seem to like it there). Problem..I had to be up to do chores and head to town..whoops. Cuddling with Molly kinda caused me to not wanna get out of that warm bed!! So when I plowed my way out of dreamland I realized I had less than an hour to get gone. Now why do I think that..there is no time limit on hitting the grocery store ,,is there? I just am captive to be on time! If you say 9 be there at 8:50!! I truly hate being late ..So I rushed thru what I had to do and managed to be out the door only 5 minutes later than planned.
    The grocery store was awful..not so many people..but so many employees filling those "pick up" baskets. They push around those giant trolleys that hold 6 of the "fill me up" baskets and take an entire aisle to move thru. Frustrating ..at least with people you can smile or even chat a bit, with those you duck and run to keep from being run over cause the people pushing them cannot see around the baskets! Great idea stores..really a winner! The way to fill orders I mean..I realize the pick it up or delivery is something many people use,,actually I use it instead of going into the SuperWalmart..shop on line any time!!
    Got our groceries and even managed to scare up some help to load the heavy items, only after Tammy pulled her back lifting a huge box of cat sand. I told her to wait for me but ahhh she's a lil hard headed.
    Then a run to the Superstore for my "pick up" order..stop for a quick bite..then home to unload the car which was packed to the roof!! OH..have you seen the price of eggs? If there are any that is!! Bird Flu got a bunch of the chicken houses it seems. Hmmm crowded , enclosed, over populated and pushed to daily production with feed that contains hormones ..wonder why they would succumb to the Bird Flu! I do not have a high opinion of most egg production facilities,,,been there , seen them,,,swore I would never buy store bought eggs again.
    Groceries mostly put away..by then legs shaking and eyes watering ..so tired...fed the Littles and fell into my chair for a quick rest ( nap). Woke ready to finish up..so polished off the kitchen, fixed me a healthy choice meal and now after getting everyone else tucked in, I am ready to curl up to call this day done!
    Sorry for the book..seems I started and it just kept pouring out..and I did edit and not put down all that dashed thru my lil brain!! Scary huh!!
    gc5p59jdbveu.jpg
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    kiofva71ery7.jpg

Thought of the day:
    When you wake up remember to believe in yourself
    Know you can overcome many obstacles
    You can ACHIEVE amazing things if you believe in YOURSELF!

Have a Fun Filled Friday :)
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Diane: She can have all the snow she wants. I like snow but not that much.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,579 Member
    Options
    It's 34 feels like 34 with a high of 50 today. Insight Timer Quote: What do we live for, If not to make life less difficult for each other?--George Eliot I AM: I am surrounded by positive and loving people. Axe Sharpening: Control the things you actually have control over and be sure to enjoy the good days as well as the bad. You never know when your time will be up. So enjoy it while it lasts.--Mike Counihan 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Notice when you're hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. Fitness quote for today: Sore? Tired? Out of Breath? Sweaty? Good. It's Working.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Positive attracts positivity. Keep smiling and doing things that make you happy, even when you're in a bad mood.--unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 16,160 steps yesterday. Today's training plan: 5 min warm up, Legs/Back and 8 intervals 20 sec work, 10 sec rest on Assault Runner and 5 min cool down in the gym after breakfast.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I'll try to get caught up tonight but just wanted to post the word for the day, understanding.

Have a great day all!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize oh I did chuckle at that ! I don't celebrate but who can resist good humour !! Hope you have a nice day !!
    @macrat12 woohoo on the new car, awesome indeed !!! What a sweet ride !!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    I went shopping again this morning, a walk to Safeway and back to get my exercise in and pick up "2" items... "11" items later, I be leaving the store, what happened to "2" ??? It got met with "9" other items that were needed - bread 2 for 6.00 - good bread, and egg white - 2 small cartons -I go through them like water really. I really only wanted the caramel rice cakes and vanilla - I did need the ohter things ( ok the onion rings coulda waited for another day but ... ) and the cheese scones I just hadda have - I freeze them to use at later dates, except one if for my lunch lol Oh and a banana ... see how easy that got outta hand ? Good thing the basket was too heavy for anything else lol
    Have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic start to your weekend - have fun and enjoy what ever you have planned.
    v5ygfogvyw94.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Katiecondy1 ,, OH GF I so relate, if I need to be someplace you can be GUARANTEED I'll be on time, maybe a few mins early on leaving (LOLOL Unless my friend next door is coming, and she's 99% of the time early too, the ONE DAY she wasn't LOL I TOOK Off ,,she hadn't confirmed she was coming,, OOOOOOOHHHH THANKFULLY I saw her coming as I pulled out, so I went around the block and came back! BUT SHE WAS NOT IMPRESSED!) At our store the only way we know the "pick up" shoppers (Instacart etc) is by the shirts they wear and yes, the bags they have with them, but they use the same carts we do! WELL NO DOUBT theirs are outback which is fine. But they do not clog up the stores with wide ones. Maybe when you ,, if you do and get others to, fill out the customers surveys, ohhh those are very much listened to! Yesterday was the first time I did the pick up order, I am not well, so this was GREAT!!! Hehehehe I am less than a minute drive down. I did it for my friend also, she's only a 2-3 mins ride IF I hit that horrible red light,,,, can be 4! She lives on the main street, where I am is a smaller main street off hers. NICE SO NICE!! WOW I was so impressed!! I wanted to tip the young man, our stuff was ALL HEAVY (4 gallons of water, a 24 pack of 20 oz of water, 7 two liters of soda, 2 - 4 packs of soda and more! IT was heavy, but he was put them in the car so gently! So nicely. He had them in fast. IMPRESSED!!
    Eggs are RIDICLOUS!!! AND MORE!
    @Dpecora653 ,,, HI Debbie!! Spread that sunshine!
    @Patti241,,, LOL Yeah well she lives in an area she knows they'll get it and get it good!! WE STILL have no real snow in the forecast,, even those who do not like it are starting to GRUMBLE!!
    @Novembergail,, It helps to look at things from the other persons side, to understand not everything is ABOUT US! AND there are extenuating circumstances at times, not always, but at times for a behavior that's negative, to try to look around it, and not into the fire of it.
    @macrat12,, Sarah that's a NICE looking car!! Hey CONGRATS! WOOHOO GOOO Positively Fit team!!! That chat though is CRAZY!! LOL I'll head on ovah in a bit.
    @Kurtize,,,, where you affected by the storm last winter in TX that took so many out? It was so hard to see the suffering down there. So many of us here wanted to help out and be able to say "if you do this, do that, it'll be warmer" without elect etc. Sure hope that does not happen again. I know when my GGS weighed 35 lbs HE WAS ENOUGH TO CARRY!! YO!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, LOLOLOL WE ALL GET THAT!!! Ohhhh I need to go back to the store, it'll wait til tomorrow. I need the stuff from the pharmacy, today it's 44 tomorrow the high will be 33. OOPS! Glad you got some yummies also.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day! Got my workouts done and also even did dishes, laundry and took a nap. Oh and also got my gingerbread cookies mixed up. For dinner the residents had penne and meat sauce, salad, cream of potato soup, garlic bread and apple cookies I made for dessert. My Son showed up to spend the weekend. He has an appointment tomorrow so some of my plans will not happen. But we will see how the whole weekend goes.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

@DLBEASYRIDER: Your video was beautiful. I miss the ocean :'( The photos, video and music was good. (I don't miss the smoke in bars but there are a lot of things I miss from the good ole' days.). Your 5% Invitational video with the Rocky theme is OUTSTANDING!

@macrat12: I love the Equinox. It's been my drive for years. My boss told me to buy a car that I could live in--and that could almost be done with the Equinox. My most unusual cargo: two Newfoundland dogs that were lost. My goodness they drool (lol).

@Dianedoessmiles1: We need to start a snow collection for you. It sounds as if @catnurse1 will have a lot to send you. So far each time we're told that snow is in the forecast, the weather is more like 50 degrees. They can make that mistake all winter.

@Kurtize: good cartoon. Poor reindeer.

@katiecondy1: Would enjoy seeing quail. Something tells me the bird flu hit hard this year. We always had at least three mockingbirds and none this. Hardly any phoebes (just two) and even the juncos aren't abundant. Your experience at the store sounds frightening!

@LindieMaeP: Hope your connectivity improves!

My day was pretty normal. Billie behaved herself and Catawissa is telling me to get ready for bed. That means Cricket is going to be coming in and telling me to check the food bowl and say goodnight to him.

Tomorrow's word is kindness.

v7u52mrxaf8y.jpg

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2,, Nice productive day!! That's great!! CONGRATS!! Sounds like the residents likely loved that meal!! WOOHOO TO THAT!! Enjoy having your son this weekend, hope it all goes very well.
    @Novembergail,,, LOL yeah I want a mild snow, well once we figure out to get the snow off the car (friend is INSISTING she can do it, but she's as bad off as I am if not worse!) I'll want it. I have a bunch of neighbors if we pass them $$$ they'll HAPPILY move it for me!! Plus of course you may well remember that for years I was one of the ones who every storm used them as "MY FREE GYM DAY" with helping to clean off all 42 cars (We are a large high rise with over 80 units, but not as many drive and it's a small lot!) . Awww Billie being good!! maybe because it's cooler and you aren't out as much? Sleep well and the kitties and Billie too!! Izzy is awaiting me (she's early LOL) she just wants SNACKS!! LOL GOOBER!
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    th9dn0ahaypq.jpg

Thought of the day:
    Don't carry your mistakes around with you,
    Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to RISE above them.

Have a SUNNY SENSATIONAL SATURDAY :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,442 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good morning. I have a ton of stuff to get done this morning. I feel like things are not going well today. I am going to my Mom's house this morning. We have cookies to make. I just feel lost today. I am not sure why. I need to get some stuff done today. I feel lost.

@cormierannie - Today I am doing cookies from my mother's kitchen
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope not. I go back to work on Monday. I am hoping to be able to get stuff done. I do want to get stuff done.
    @Kurtize - We got about 3 inches of snow which will probably be gone tomorrow
    @LindieMaeP - That happens to me too. There is only so much I can take from the grocery store.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I have so much to get done. I think it will go over well.
    @NovemberGail - That is good that you had a good day. I am ready for bed as well. I need to get the food bowl done as well.

Well it is time to get ready for food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • mardeg918
    mardeg918 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi all from the small state of Delaware. So glad to be part of this journey. I am still trying to master MFP- and I am determined to conquer it. Love seeing old friends here and meeting new ones.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,579 Member
    Options
    It's 39 feels like 39 with a high of 51 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.--Ralph Waldo Emerson I AM: I constantly work on my weaknesses. Axe Sharpening: Don't forget to set yourself up for success by creating the right environment and lifestyle for you to reach your goals.--Laurin Conlin 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. Fitness quote for today: In order to make real gains, you have to be willing to do what's hard.--gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Smiling after surviving is one of the strongest things you'll ever do.--unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 10,143 steps yesterday.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    l9ra60c96akm.jpg
    I knew it was gonna be a jolt, but when the scale screamed Get OFF Me! I knew I was in trouble!! I have quit smoking..not too bad a jolt after being nicotine user for most of my life..started in 8th grade..seriously, it was so cool back then!! But I swear I would eat the paint off of the cabinets if I could. There is no food in the house that is safe..portion control seems to boil down to are you sick yet?? I am trying to get this evil dragon under control..but folks let me tell ya...this is a big one. Smokes have been my crutch thru many years and tears..now they are gone ..got to replace them with something besides food..even good for ya food is not good when you eat too much. Just ask my waist line..whoops I used to have one!! So being the intelligent, in control ,,adult type person I am I thought..legal issues somewhat smoothed out, adjusted to this crew that lives with me, mostly. Getting along with the rest of the family and even managing to get out and about to meet friends (usually for food!) but we do eat sensibly!! So this is a good time to throw the smokes over, right?? I hope to hear a resounding YES roll over the mountain tops and stop at my house!!! There are so many many excuses this time of year especially..all the tempting goodies,,it is too cold to go out and walk or exercise, I like to do yoga or tia chi on front deck-Shades of Road House . Not real great at following a strict pattern of Must Do..but can be pushed into a corner of ..here let's do this..trying to herd myself that way!!
    To those in the frozen tundra...stay safe..those temps are dangerous as you know!!
    I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and finds something to give thanks for each day that passes!!
    Now tis time for a nice hot cuppa....h6w4382n6c85.gif