Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, LOL it was hmmm barely a snow "Fall" it was really a snow SHOWER that lasted a tiny bit, but, LOL LOL Barely covered much. Sure hope Amigo can fully recover, glad he's eating even a tiny bit. Aww that he came into your room on his own. He's a tough little guy!!! Indeed all kitties are like we are, different personalities. All 5 of my girls have been lap cats. LOL Izzy's name should be VELCRO!! But, I love it and so does she so that's all good!!
    @Dpecora653,,, Agree. So slow make it real.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Sure hope work went okay?
    @Patti241,,, Do you enjoy snow? Sorry, I can't remember.
    Today I saw the skin Dr. NICE DAY because I only 3 spots she froze today!! WOOHOO!! Sometimes it's 9 to 12!! PROGRESS FINALLY and NO skin biopsies were needed today! Did my grocery shopping I rarely use coupons but where I go they of course as you put in your number, notice everything you buy and gear the coupons to what you use. Hey I am OKAY WITH THAT!! Today I saved 11 and also got 5 off on top of that on an order of 70.00! NICE to get that extra 16 off.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,479 Member
    Options
    Good morning, 3 loads of laundry done - 2 were mine and 1 was Gene's now I just have to put them away. All those trips down the stairs to the laundry room gave me my exercise for the day but I am sure I will get more. Nothing much on my agenda today, just feeding Amigo and cleaning up the kitchen, man that sink is always full these days LOL I blended his food last night and added a bit of water and olive oil - that will help him poop and he needs to. He's doing ok peeing but hardly any poop - course he has to eat to poop and he does not want to eat like he used to. The blend is a bit more liquidy so easier to feed him. This morning was a comedy show - with him moving his head and getting the food on my fingers and such - but I got him fed pretty good and then washed his chest down with a cloth - something else he is not doing is cleaning himself and that is not a good sign. Last night I got up in the middle of the night and almost stepped on him as I did not know he was in the bathroom - at least he was wandering around last night. I made a tea for myself and forgot it in the kitchen LOL Ok now we are going to Superstore as Gene is out of luncheon meat and I am out of tea - so when I get back I will finish this post and just save it for now....
    Back from Superstore - there's fog out there, and I got a couple of shots of it, but I will post them later. Also bought a hat with ear coverings will post that later too. While at Superstore Gene wanted to get a "baster" to feed Amigo, I asked, do you really want to feed him with that ?? He said no then thought maybe an icing thingy. I told him to think about it and I would go to the pharmacy and ask for a feeding syringe and sure enough they had one and gave me one. so now I can see how much Amigo eats. On the way to the store, Gene was driving, he said, I have to stop using that oil - WHATTTTT ??? I know it is his choice ... but I wish he had checked with his MS doctor BEFORE using the oil to ensure it does NOT interfer with his infusions. OI sometimes I wanna just ... gonna shake my head and move on.
    @Tabatha_Cain, mask covering and hand cleaning best way to avoid that flu - I think once things relaxed, people got too lazy, me included about wearing masks and hand cleaning. When I got the flu or cold or what ever it was the after I got my covid booster and flu booster, I still got sick... I hope today was not too hard for you.
    @everyone hope you are having a great MONDAY - it's a good day to be alive !!
    95lligc95pf1.gif
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Awwweee we had fog this morning but the sun is shining here at home!!
    I was going to change the size of the picture, but the program changed how they do that and I do not know how to change it now... I'll figure it out one day. Not today !!
    uc1xfiwbefn7.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

It's been a couple of days since I've been on. Wow a lot to read. Everyone has been busy.

Saturday was a busy day. It started out with some exercise, then a trip to my son's appointment. On the way home we stopped at a market for some fruit and beef bones for my fur baby and the storage unit to get the rest of the Christmas deco (possibly missed some). By the time we got home by cab it was after 2. Had a quick bite and headed to my friends so I could book hubby's and my train tickets for Thursday. Ended up ordering out as I was just to tired and busy to cook dinner. While waiting for dinner to arrive we did some decorating.

Sunday was another busy day. I went to my church service and coffee hour and then went with my Son to his right after. I don't mind going to both and would do it every Sunday if he went even when he was at home. After Church finished decorating and discovered we missed some Christmas decorations at the bin. Otherwise I have no idea what happened to them. In the evening we went to a Chinese buffet for dinner with family for my Son's birthday. He will be 23 tomorrow. Had a great time and tried to keep the choices somewhat on the healthy side.

Today was another crazy day. Slept in and woke with a start from a weird dream. Got dressed to exercise and ended up getting called into work right before I started. So it was shower and change of wardrobe and plans. For Lunch the residents had chicken tenders, fries, mushroom soup and eclairs. They ate all the soup couldn't believe it. For dinner the residents had cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, tomato soup and leftover deserts from the weekend and lunch. Also got their gingerbread cookies baked. Now they just need to be decorated. Also made jello for tomorrow to help out my friend (manager) as she is working all day. I have tomorrow off for TOPS and the TOPS Christmas party. My Son is going to the party with me as Hubby's not going. Today is also Mom's first Heavenly birthday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, sounds like you got a bit done today. Poor Amigo, I agree when all is not well it's not well. Its so hard to say goodbye though. Nice hat and fog!! At noon it was 22 degrees out. I was laughing, and HOT walking, but inside I am so cold and it's 72!
    @Kurtize,,, that's pretty!! It looks nice.
    @Cseguin2 ,, WOW Busy 3 days!! I forgot where are you going on Thurs? Glad you got the tickets. YUMMY I love a Chinese buffet because I can have a little bit of the stuff I LOVE LOVE LOVE, and yet other things I couldn't normally have in the meal/dinner that are healthier or as much of those as I love. I ADORE hot and sour soup!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Billie story: Sometimes guests leave comments behind in a gratitude book. A mother and daughter spent some days after having to euthanize their beloved dog. Billie came to their cottage two times and just spend time laying in the sunshine on the porch. They were grateful for the dog kisses and her presence. She's a good girl.

Tomorrow's word is RELEASE.

Rain is one the way.

7t8qp6nbbfp2.jpg

• katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep : you look so cute in your new lil hat!! Bet it is cozy with that and the nice scarf around your neck!! Ahhh Kids,,,they never quit being KIDS do they!!
    @Dianedoessmiles1: So you got snow..no don't say it wasn't much..it was SNOW and the ground was white. Enjoy!!
    Keeping up with what I think I should be doing...doing what I must be doing and realizing that I need more sleep than I used to when I was much younger!! That combo has made me dance around singing "the ole gray mare she ain't what she used to be", a lot of the time.
    I went on a cooking spree yesterday , made veggie soup...then coleslaw...then cabbage rolls and of course had to have cornbread to go with that!! Started a crockpot of beans , some to eat now and some to make burritos. I am trying to stock the fridge so that if I have a reaction to my next Covid vaccine there will be meals fixed for the crew. And cause I was in a cooking mood too. I can kick out some food when those moods hit me and I can find more excuses than pebbles on the beach if I don't feel like it.
    YES this time of year it is hard to hold the line..really hard!! We can only do our best..then later on deal with it cause we know how it is just a matter of getting focused once again.
    We have a blizzard headed our way ,,so got in a lil extra wood just in case it turns out to be a big one!
    Whew..started this hours ago and just got back to the computer..ready to call it a night..
    Ya'al have a good rest and enjoy your Tuesday....
    8mq59plpdedo.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Novembergail,, HOW SWEET Of Billie she knew what was needed. Glad they came and she certainly answered their call!
    @Katiecondy1 ,,,LOLOLOL when I hear that song,,, My Mom's name was Mary. So 2 of my brothers redid the song a little bit, and sang it for her special one day (1st time) when we were all back home (We were grown though in our early 20s) "The Old Gray Mare isn't what it used to be" their way. We were all laughing so HARD I AM SHOCKED they got through it!! GOOD MEMORIES!! My Grandmother about wet herself, they went into (I hadn't heard it, I am not a country fan, apparently only a few may of!) "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" HAHAHAHA we were besides ourselves!! Hope this helps you to understand my sense of humor!! If you want to have a taster just let us KNOW!! WE HAVE NO DOUBT GF you know how to REALLY COOK and cook WELL!!! When is the Blizzard going to hit you all? It'll be here Friday into Saturday, but not as a blizzard. Likely A Nor'easter and here along the coast probably snow to rain or just rain cause that happens so much lately. SIGH!! PLEASE BE SAFE!! OFF I go in a few. Just tying up a few things so tomorrow isn't as CRAZY!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I feel so tired and out of it. I am having trouble getting my thoughts down to type this up. I am really struggling this morning.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Work went well. It is going well lately. I am so tired. So darn tired. Glad it is only 3 spots today that you had to have addressed.
    @LindieMaeP - It is nice that Amigo is eating better. It is also good that he is moving around the house. I hope he poops soon. I have made lots of tea and forgot it before. I was super tired yesterday. That is a lot of fog.
    @CSEGUIN2 - You had a full weekend. Lots of stuff to do. Lots of soup too. I am surprised they liked the cabbage rolls. Those would be my no go.
    @katiecondy1 - I hope you don't have a reaction to the booster shot. I also hope that blizzard passes you by also. No snow there. Or here for that matter.

Well it is time to get ready to go to work. I hope you have a great day

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It's 50 feels like 45 with a high of 59 and rainy today. Insight Timer Quote: The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.--Marcus Aurelius I AM: I permit myself to receive love and give love. Axe Sharpening: Keep working. Don't overthink it. Definitely don't quit.--Kendra Jarratt 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: See how many different people you can smile at today. Fitness quote for today: If you have time for Facebook, you have time for Exercise.--#exercisemotivation Motivational quote for today: Give yourself permission to be in a good mood for the rest of the day, regardless of what's happening in your life right now.--unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,646 steps yesterday. Training plan yesterday didn't go as planned so trying again today. Legs/Glutes in the gym after my hair appointment.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Diane: I do like snow but not too much of it.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful sunny and cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all! she is working at her part time job after school today. she found out yesterday that she got accepted into the university she really wants to go to! she will be going to university next september. i can remember when she was just a week old and i could take her for a walk for the first time. where has the time gone? she is now 17 years old and is such a wonderful sweet, smart, talented young lady. she is so excited about going to this particular university. they have the degree program that she really wants to take. i am just as excited and i am very happy for her! she enjoys learning new things and is really enjoys math courses. she will be taking a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree program at university next September. i did go for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone1 take care and stay safe.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,076 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The volcano has stalled. It's still flowing, but stopped forward movement just under two miles from the main cross-island highway! Both volcanoes are active, something of a rarity. But seeing pictures that show the red-hot lava in both volcanoes is certainly humbling. Amazing to see earth forming - can easily imagine the original creation!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone, it's another fog/cloudy day here but only until 9 AM by then the sun should be coming out and I will go for a walk then. All quiet here this morning, both boys are sleeping/napping - I sure do not nap, never want to either lol maybe in 10 years when I am almost 80? lol Dunno...
    @Dpecora653 I really appreciate your post today and infact I am sharing elsewhere. Thank you, I need to remember effort as it takes effort to make good changes for our body even when our mind wants something else.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 the temp dropped to about 32F last night and right now it is sitting at 39F but feels like 34F ahuh I be staying in till the sun comes out, although, my red jacket does keep me warm even with it open. I hope you got some rest after all that was done at your apt yesterday, or was that the day before LOL I've been meditating on today's scripture - I am imagining Paul and Timothy and their friendship... I wonder if Paul ever got his cloak and the scrolls especially the parchments? Ahhh it's something nice to poder and meditate on for sure.
    @cormierannie oh yes time flies when they are all grown and it just seems like yesterday they were born. However, the inbetween years did go slow enough to watch development. I hope your daughter enjoys her university experience and it is a good one for her as well.
    @Tabatha_Cain oh tired is so hard to fight when you need to work and have brain fog as well. I hope this passes soon for you so you can again enjoy working and have the energy necessary to do things and progress. How is the family doing ?
    @lavalily oh yes it is interesting to see the earth form new lands, and reminds us just how powerful the Creator is - after all the Creator harnessed our sun and placed our planet at just the right point in space for life to exsist. Are you a bit more relaxed now that the volcanos seem to be settling down some what ?
    @KatieCondy1 thank you about the hat - yes it was not a planned purchase but I just happened to pass by them while going to get a feeding syringe for Amigo - its working great and now I can see how much he is not eating and can plan feeding him more. However, if he was in the wild, he would have died by now from starvation. He's not too happy with me feeding him and does fight it, and then after this morning, he hid under the TV stand LOL he knows I can't bend down there to get him like his tree LOL Funny boy he is! I hope you got some rest and good sleep too! How's that blizzard has it hit yet? Shall I send @Dianedoessmiles1 there so she can have her fun in the snow ?? lol
    Well everyone have a wonderful day and enjoy your Tuesday !!
    58k0d7b93s7o.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,,,, You are just recovering from Covid, and it can drag out 2 to 3 weeks is pretty normal. Some sadly end up with long haul covid, which hopefully you do not have. Please don't be hard on yourself and cut back in areas you can, though work likely isn't one of them.
    @Patti241,,, Snow they are "saying" is heading into Maine come Friday/Saturday with of COURSE THE EXCEPTION likely along the coast,,,, I am really okay with this at the moment. We shall see what happens. Eventually we'll both end up with some, hopefully for you not much.
    @Cormierannie,, Hey CONGRATS!!! Awww it's such an exciting time, mixed in with some sadness for you, they do grow so horribly FAST!!! I remember my Mom saying "I CAN'T WAIT TIL YOU KIDS GROW UP!" LOL usually when one of more of us were picking on her, or on each other. Later on she said "Its to quiet in here." I am sure you are both thinking things she'll need/like/want. It does your heart well no doubt.
    @Lavalily ,, that must be something to see indeed!! Please stay safe.
    @Lindiemaep ,, Its now 4:24 PM (EST) and temp is 35 (our high)of the day feels like 31. I'm glad you have a really nice coat and red looks GREAT on you!! It's a nice color. Tomorrow is supposed to be 41. They say there's a storm coming over the weekend, well Fri and Sat. Inland they are saying will get quite a bit of snow, on the coast, ,, YUP LIKELY Start as snow turn to rain, but it's ONLY TUESDAY so everything can go out to sea or up into Canada as it does happen. Thinking of you all and of course Amigo.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,670 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, it is a rainy, stormy day with thunder. 57 outside. Hope you all are having a good day. Hugs and blessings.

Maxine humor

6yroyy5y3i7o.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize ,, LOLOL LOLOLOL I love my "Fat" pants though they are very loose and do not tighten up,, still that's funny!! I used to and how many of us used to wear our Fat Pants to a buffet?
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, All,

For those having blizzard-like conditions, stay safe (i.e., @katiecondy1). Those in the south facing terrible storms, be safe. This part of the midwest is getting rain.

Tomorrow's word is TENDERNESS. A little TLC can be healing.

it9ppx0sqw04.jpg