Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    @Dpecora653 ,,, Ahhhhhh I learn by my mistakes, some I'll repeat, LOL Some I won't. Hehehehe we are human, but why beat ourselves up for being human?
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hon hope your day went much better then you thought it could be, Hugs from us all.
    @Patti241 ,,, HI Patti!! PRETTY DAY Up here hope it is down there!
    @mardeg918 ,,, SO GOOD to see here with us!!! I've not been to Delaware, I am waving to you from the state of Maine!!
    @Macrat12 ,, Nice steps!!
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, Oh Hon,, SUPER CONGRATS on stopping smoking!! WOOHOO!! That's GREAT!!! It'll calm down in time, for now it is as it is. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!

I Slept for 8 YES EIGHT HOURS!! WOW!! I wish I could say I feel AWESOME, but I don't, but it's PRETTY AMAZING which makes me smile so much!!! I'll take that and SMILE ALL DAY because of it no matter what my body feels, this is great!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,479 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all having a great afternoon and getting a lot accomplished even if it is just chillin in the lazyperson chair and listening to good tunes, might be something you waited all week to do!
    I am afraid I did not sleep well last night and my left leg bothered me all night all the way down, most likely a nerve issue - I got up at 12 and took a tylenol arthritise but no help - eventually did get to sleep and got up at 7 AM and had 3 hours to get awake, ready for my zoom meeting with my congregation. By then I was fully awake and ready to participate! Gene just left to get some baked chicken, no idea where he is getting it from, no matter where, it will be pricey - a whole rotisary chicken at Safeway is now 14.99 my goodness I remember the last time we had the avion flu issue in chickens, the price went from 4.99 to 8.99 now it's gone up again, well that's gonna be an awfully expensive bird, but if Gene wants to pay that, so be it. I did pick up a nice Canadian maple ham and mash to have for dinner tonight but we will see, it can keep till another day.
    @mardeg918 do take your time getting to know MFP and find your own short cuts. I basically stick with the groups, and news feed, I don't go anywhere else unless I have to track food and that is easy enough to do. I am sure you will find your groove on here and be comfortable in no time.
    @Tabatha_Cain oh I so hope you are feeling better and you have a good weekend. Do rest as much as you can. I found it took me a good month to get back to normal after having Covid, yet my son bounced right back no problemo. We are each different and resat different too.
    @KatieCondy1 - you can do this, you can over come this. You will be fine in time.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I hope you are feeling better for tomorrow's meeting and you can zoom it if need be. We had quite a few on zoom as colds/ flu is going around the congregation. Just take care of you as best you can and call for help if you need to. Don't be shy, the friends love you !!
    WELL I should get up and get something done - I should I should I should... funny said that 3 times, still sitting here LOL
    cmhyslekl8h4.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, WOW On the cost of the baked chicken!! YO!!! SO SORRY!!! Glad you enjoyed meeting. Today I went and joined the others for hall cleaning, I didn't do much, only about 20 mins, but as we well know many hands make the work lighter. My friend next door did more than I did. This afternoon afterwards, we stopped at the pharmacy, and I went through the Chinese drive through ,, it's very yummy. IF you know what to order from there that is. And of course since it's local we do. Since that point I've been a chair potato and it's needed. Hopefully tomorrow I can go in person, but we'll see. If not, LOL My usual ZOOM buddies are MISSING ME!!
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP-thanks for the pep talk...and as to the moon..I have been like this even as a child. My GM said it is because I am Wolf Clan and they are always restless under the full moon. They love it and spend their time celebrating it. I can sit on my porch with the moonlight as bright as midday and enjoy every minute. Just have to figure some sleep time the next day!!
    I had quit smoking for several years when this crew showed up..everyone of them smokes..they do go outside (mostly), and the few times I have cracked lately I stop to think "why". It is because the smokes are there!! I refuse to buy at todays prices!! Now I need to as the saying goes..just say NO!
    We went to the lake today..there were so many geese, mostly Canadian but a couple of domestic had joined the flock and there was a small representation of ducks as well. The deer were everywhere. We saw a couple of does that had triplets by their side and a few that had very late in the season babies. Most had at least grown out of their spots, but they were still small to be going thru the Winter. I think there is a feeding station at one of the State camping areas close by it will be needed to get those young ones thru the season. Then we took the back road home and sure nuff, more deer and fawn, plus a good sized flock of wild turkey. Twas a nice relaxing ride for both of us...Tammy was with me.
    We went out to the lil town by us to search for eggs and surprisingly enough the lil store there had some. They were a lil pricy but thas ok, at least we have them. I got a feeling there will be chicks in my future this Spring!! Wow on the cost of the chicken..I did not even check when we were in the store.
    Diane..I hope you have another good nights rest ..as always your upbeat attitude is an inspiration to us all. oHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Chinese!!! It is a sad statement but a true one...one of the things I miss about Jim was that we went out to eat often and although he was not fond of Chinese he would suggest it from time to time knowing I would love it.
    That wraps up the day. I hope yours was as enjoyable as mine!!
    Good nite all.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    PS - I had to go to Safeway AGAIN today as yesterday I FORGOT the small bottle of vanilla pure I paid 4.99 for. When I got to the self service check out assistant, I asked her if it was handed in and she said to check at customer service. I checked at customer service, showed them the receipt I had - it was the first thing on it, and she pulled out a book and sure enough the bottle had been handed in ( most likely placed back on the shelf for resale ) and she told me to just go get one. I left my cart at customer service, picked up the bottle and headed back. She marked the reciept and gave me the items back. Then I went and got a Canadian Maple Ham, mashed potatos and headed to check out, then home. When I got home, Gene was up and in the other room. I put the stuff away and told him what I picked up for dinner. At some point he got dressed. I asked him where he was going since he had long pants on - he said no where, he changed his mind, but half an hour later, he decided to go get some fried chicken. I asked if he was getting Churches Chicken,he said no, Safeway - I said you eat it that stuff is not so great. Well he went to Safeway and bought it and it cost him 6.99 for each single dinner he bought - 3 pieces of baked chicken and mashed potatoes. Now you would think baked should be better then fried. Well he gave me one of the dinner and mine was so dried out, it was disgusting but I ate it anyway rather then waste food. I told him afterwards and he agreed, he should have gotten Church's Chicken. Told him if he had I woulda paid half lol
    Gonna go record my numbers and head off of MFP... night all !!
    smvbipvg0whl.gif

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Katiecondy1,,, Awwww Jim sure did love you, it's so easy to see why!! He was one great part of your cheering section, but many of us have been fortunate to be there too with you. SLEEP WELL hon!! We'll see ya on Sunday.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, We don't have a Church's chicken, but OHHH POPEYE'S!! OH MY YES!! YES!! YES!! You also sleep well!! I'll be POPPING OFF Here soon!! The Ferris wheel I've joined the 2 of them, have more of tha tdone and the steps. Next step is to put together the working parts ,, the interactive ones that make it go around!! That's exciting and "HUH"? at the same time. LOL OH WE KNOW I'll do it!! After that it's faster to put together in part. I am now on step 31 last night it was step 17. There are 56 in all.
    0snil6xuhfc1.jpg
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    1o8kyjdaqbu9.jpg

Thought for the day:
    There is a fantastic opportunity called TODAY!
    LIVE IT! LOVE IT!
    The DAY IS YOURS!

Have a SENSATIONAL SUNDAY :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is Sunday and I am back to work tomorrow. I am not sure I am wanting to go back. Even though I have been sick I had a whole week off and I loved it. It was so nice to be able to sleep when I wanted to sleep. That was nice. I do have to get back to work though.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I slept for so long also. It is crazy that I slept for so long. I still feel tired. I am not sure if I feel better or not.
    @LindieMaeP - I am finding I am so tired. Yesterday I went to sleep at 7:30 pm and woke up this morning at 4:30 am. Definitely needed some sleep. Sorry about your nerve issues. Chicken is getting quite pricey now. Sorry the tylenol did not help.
    @katiecondy1 - I love watching deer and geese. It is so peaceful, I especially love the ones with babies,

Well it is time to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It's 28 feels like 34 with a high of 43 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Once you carry your own water, you will learn the value of every drop.--African Proverb I AM: I embody confidence. Axe Sharpening: Take control of your life. Don't let life control you.--Elena Lucas 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank. Fitness quote for today: Not here to prove, Here to Improve.--gymaholic Motivational quote for today: No matter how impossible your day feels, keep showing up. Be proud of your consistency.--unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 14,052 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Dpecora653 ,,, Are you with the grands? Or at home? Nice bright message. TY TY!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, In turn last night I DID NOT SLEEP!! AT ALL!! SIGH!!
    @Patti241,, Good Morning Patti!! Did you get any snow today? I "think" we may get flurries later.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,670 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, happy Sunday. Yesterday got the rest of my packages ready to mail. Finished up Christmas cards. Feeling good about that. It has rained on and off the last 2 days, today it is overcast, up in the 50's. @Dianedoessmiles1 where we were last year we weren't affected with loss of electricity, thank goodness.
    Have a great rest of the day, hugs and blessings for a wonderful new wee.

Some more Christmas humor

o2onxhfg5yan.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, sure hope you are enjoying your Sunday,no matter what you have planned. I am enjoying a quiet afternoon listening to some music and maybe when I am done I'll get up and dance with my "airpartner" LOL
    @Tabatha_Cain - tired I know, I had it and it took a month for me to get over being tired from Covid. Then when I got back to normal, got hit with a flu virus of some kind not covid and wham back down again. I just took it easy as best I could. I am not one to lose my apetite and if I ever do, Gene has been instructed to call an ambulance if I refuse to eat - Through it all I still could eat and eat I did, but going out, doing errends, even laundry, tired me even my arms felt heavy and tired me just swinging them when walking. Hopefully you do not go through that and once back into your normal routine, you'll feel better.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I have heard of Popeye's Chicken and I think there might be one in Alberta, not sure but I would love to try it. I like Church's chicken better then KFC - always had and I used to work for KFC way back when Gene was like 5ish ... That ferris wheel is going to be something. Will you give it to your grandson? I do not have the pateince for things like that. I have other talents, I just have not found them yet LOL 2Kings 16,17 very interesting for this week ....
    @Dpecora653 awesome post - reminds me of something Jesus said on the Sermon on the Mount - he said (Matthew 6:25-34) ...So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles. and I try to live by this every day. Thanks for the reminder of this through your post.
    @Kurtize very funny indeed LOL poor snowman get blamed for everything from iceing a shoulder to leaving a puddle on the couch/mat LOL No eating the carrot !!
    @everyone I hope you are enjoying your day/evening. I sure am. Take care ...
    wycsf9iyl4bx.gif
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize: Love the cartoon!
    @Dianedoessmiles1: You are going to town on the Ferris wheel! Good job!!!

Today I was a true couch potato. At least the stretching exercises were completed.

Have a good Monday!

Tomorrow's word is SYNTHESIS

hwq9v5cd1rp4.jpeg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Kurtize,,, sounds like another productive day!! WTG!!! Nice that last year you weren't going through the loss of electricity. May it go that well this year too!! Love humor.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I used to LOVE LOVE KFC, but they've gone downhill. Oh putting the Ferris Wheel together has been fun to do!!! Ohhhhh Nah, I am not letting Roman have it, though he can play with it if he's gentle with it. LOL If not, I love that children are SHORT!! Well he is half of my height. LOOK!! FINALLY though it's NOT MUCH AT ALL STILL!!
    e09ti6ljxwqe.jpg
    @Novembergail ,,, Awwwww thanks!! It's fun watching it come together. Today Izzy is STUCK TO ME LIKE GLUE AND MORE!!! It's so cute, and yet. She's always on me, but today it's so strange, but she's playing like a little fool so I know she's okay. Some days we just really need a DOWN RELAXING DAY. Glad you finally have one.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 are you sure you are going to be able to sleep with that white stuff coming down ? LOL Amigo spent some time in my room, actually came in on his own, I put him on the bed for a while and then he wanted down and then changed location 2 x and then eventually left. I fed him so now he's on the couch with Gene. He's not a lap cat, and I am happy about that, Kartmen was but only when I was in the lazygurl chair ... different cats different personalities kinda thing. Funny how we tend to give human attributes to our animals when in fact it is instinct.
    Well I have recorded my numbers and I am going to call it a night.
    op9x0pkzeua2.gif
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    l4kfyipv3ydp.jpg

Thought of the day:
    A reminder to approach your goals gently and with intention. One step, one thing and one day at a time.

Have a Magical Monday :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are doing well. Today is going ok. I am still a bit tired. I really want to go back to bed. That is what I want to do. Today is going to really tell me if I am ready to go back to work.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I have been there before. I need sleep.
    @Kurtize - It is nice not being affected by loss of electricity.
    @LindieMaeP - I am hoping to feel better today. I hope I don't end up with the flu virus on top of covid. I need to get better.

Well it is time to get ready for food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Diane: No snow here.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It's 46 feels like 41 with a high of 50 for today. Insight Timer Quote: I am rooted, but I flow.--Virginia Woolf I AM: All my needs are met. Axe Sharpening: If you want to build anything great-be it a physical skill, habit, body or business- you need to learn into the mundane, cultivate discipline and practice self-mastery.--Stacey Erving Jr 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today. Fitness quote for today: There is NO SHORTCUT. It takes time to build a BETTER, STRONGER version of YOURSELF--gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Align yourself with the people, opportunities, and energies that are right for you.--unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 16,255 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Legs/Glutes in the gym after my meds check appointment at the doctor.