Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,774 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup I always get up with her-as long as she barks. I have cleaned up her messes enough times. So cool they have a group of people who are willing to walk.
    @LindieMaeP -our town has always threaten to find people who don’t shovel well enough. We always shovel but so many homes and businesses that don’t
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new here this sounds like such a wonderful challenge! I have read through the faq and am still a little confused. By joining this group have I joined the challenge please?
  • healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new here this sounds like such a wonderful challenge! I have read through the faq and am still a little confused. By joining this group have I joined the challenge please?

I just joined. I would like to take part of this challenge also. Not sure if I need to do something else?
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,500 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

I just joined. I would like to take part of this challenge also. Not sure if I need to do something else?

@XxAngry_Pixi and @healthysmrs Joining the 5% community is the start of getting on a team. Now you need to post, if you have not, here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878401/do-you-want-a-seat-on-a-plane-post-only-to-this-topic#latest if you have already done so, then hang out here till you get your invite to your team. Also check out the video too - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10879194/winter-5-challenge-video#latest and welcome welcome welcome !!! I am sure one of the other leaders will see your request and advise if I missed out on anything !!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    vdqbxnc39spo.jpg
    1royenj2rj52.jpg
    A sunrise always leeds to a sunset somewhere!! The sunset was taken inside my building from different angles - I did NOT go out in the cold again. lol
    @Dianedoessmiles1 if the us exchange was not so much I might consider ordering online and seeing what happens, but I really need to try on and walk around with my inserts in the boots so that I can see if the heel does not rise out of the back of the shoe - that is my biggest problem next to the orthotics. I did wear the other boots out this morning for a short period - I will wear them again tomorrow - and HOPE I do not slip. If I take a bus it's 5 minutes if I walk it's about 20 minutes and I do like to walk I just have to be careful of the side streets, they NEVER get ploughed and they are the one's with ice under them lol Volunteer was good today and now I get to go fix a ham dinner with green beans and yup coleslaw LOL
    @bookieNJ yea I wish they would fine more, part of the problem is absentism landlords and tennants who won't lift a finger to remove the snow ... Some think the sidewalks along the streets or busier roads is the cities to do. Not sure how many will get fined, they missing out on money by not fining and upholding their own bylaws. Walk at own risk basically!
    @everyone I hope you are having a good day!

• healthysmrs
    Options
    Thank you @LindieMaeP.. I was able to post with your helpful link! :) Beautiful pics!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,363 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone, my new Surface Pro 9 came this afternoon and just got it set up a bit ago will post my regular stuff in the morning.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @LyndieMaeP thank you!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I will be working from home. This winter storm is suppose to get really bad and we are suppose to get about 18 inches of snow. Plus super cold temps. I am hoping we will still be able to have Christmas on Sunday as the storm goes until Saturday. Hopefully it will be enough time to clean up the roads and get everything mostly cleaned up.

@LindieMaeP - I am going to be wearing a mask at work. The problem at work is that my mask doesn't protect me it protects them. So they can still get me sick if they don't wear a mask. I have to go out and get some things we forgot before the storm hits here.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I did mention to my boss about masks. He did not even respond to me. So we will see how it goes. I just don't need to be sick. I haven't been sick in years and I come to this office where everyone is sick all the time and I got covid. That I am not happy about.
    @Kurtize - I hope things go well for you for Christmas. My family will hopefully be coming over Christmas day. If the roads are clear enough and have been cleaned up from our winter storm that goes until late Saturday.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    jiloschzczwh.jpg

Thought of the day:

On wings of hope, you can climb any hill in life!

Have a Thankful Thursday! :)
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 8 feels like -12 with a high of 9 and more snow coming later this morning. Insight Timer Quote: Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it. Axe Sharpening: The harder the journey, the more you learn about yourself.-- Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Trainer I AM: I determine my limits and then break them. Action for Happiness: Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed. Fitness quote for today: The training that matters the most is when no one else is looking.—Ragnar Motivational quote for today: Everything is possible when you are surrounded by people who love and support you. Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 10,592 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: At Home SYLL Shoulders/Triceps after breakfast.
  • healthysmrs
    Options
    To the Moderators, I unfortunately have to drop my request to join the challenge for now. Thank you for your consideration.
  • LindieMaeP
    edited December 2022
    Options
    8ky9fo93ru0b.png
    This used to be my view from work - snow or no snow !! Today looks beautiful !! @Dianedoessmiles1 there's your snow where it should be LOL My daughter took this picture this morning and I borrowed it. All credit goes to Dionne for this shot.. I am no where near the mountains right now !!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,774 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP -yup I get it! On main st where we have lots of landlords and businesses, so many people don’t shovel. We just trudge through slush. My neighborhood it’s up to individual families. So many people don’t want to bother. We help our neighbors but we aren’t going to do all 60 houses
    @Tabatha_Cain -Aw I hope the roads are good enough on Sunday to have a good Christmas! We are supposed to get a mix of rain/snow/ice
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    My journey out this morning was uneventful compared to yesterday but it was still slippery in some places and I did have a slip but able to control it. Two places were hard to navigate through the snow - those were roads and where big dump trucks left their tracks that were a couple of feet deep! I had to be careful not to fall in those as I was carrying my new glasses home and I just finished paying for them. It might take a bit to get used to them and adjust my reading point. I sure can read from a distance now something I was not able to do before but upclose seems blurry so it must be where the lenses adjust and I just have to let my brain figure that out and send the right signals LOL The glasses are much bigger then what I am used to in the lense so that also will take an adjustment. Plus they slip a little so might have to get the arms ends adjusted again but I can go back and she can do that. There was just me and her in the place, very quiet. Then I went to Safeway and picked up some stuff - we have a really bad storm coming through again tonight through the weekend with snow, freezing rain and then rain on top but the temps will be back to 45 and not the 18 it is now - my poor thighs were frozen when I got home LOL Never been so glad to feel the heat in this apartment !!
    4538xxbtnfvr.png
    @bookieNJ I hear you there, no way would I do 60 neighbours either - We do have "snow angels" volunteers who go around and shovel walks here I saw a news report on that. Never saw them here, but for my building the walks are clear - actually my whole street is clear!
    @Tabatha_Cain here the person for mandating masks won't do it now because we have all been vacinated and they are trusting that will see us through any flu we get. Howevr, personal safety should always come first. I wear my mask too when in certain settings. My son wears his and no one says anything, they all know he has MS so it's outside folks who are always asking him for a mask, they think he should provide them, not a chance. The best defence for you is to sanitize your hands, washing for at least 35 seconds, I think it is, and don't touch your face. Well guess what, we are creatures of habit and we DO touch our face. I try to always wash my hands when I come in from being out shopping especially self service machines and such as those no longer get wiped down. I hope the weather does not impede your plans, but maybe have a secondary plan you can live with just incase it is not safe to travel. I hope today went well for you !
    @macrat12 good to see your post !! Hope you like your new computer/laptop!!
    @Dpecora653 yes there is always something to be thankful for, like getting home safely or just to see a sunrise, sunset, and watching the birdies play outside.
    I need to go fix lunch now then I got a sinkful of dishes to clean up !! I was doing mushrooms today, clean, quarter, steam and freeze on parchment papered cookie sheet, it lets me have mushrooms when ever I need them!!
    vyb4xso462b6.gif

• Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    ktsaeir0ihgh.jpg

Thought of the day:
    Your direction is more important than your speed!

Have a Happy Friday and stay safe and warm :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is a super cold day. I have a lot to get done today. My Fiance has his colooscopy today. We have to go there and get that done today. Then I think we are just relaxing at his parents house for a bit while he recovers. Tomorrow we will head back to the house for Christmas on Sunday.

@LindieMaeP - That is a beautiful photo. I love the new glasses. Sorry you had to walk in the cold.
    @bookieNJ - I hope the roads are good too. I definitely don't want people to not be able to show up. I want to be able to have a good Christmas.

Well it is time to get something to eat. I feel bad for eating in front of my fiance when he cannot eat. Have a great day

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s -4 feels like -20 with a high of 15 for today. Your liberation is yours to create, no one can free you but yourself.—Yung Pueblo I AM: I live in peace. Axe Sharpening: Each day holds the offering of thousands of choices for us to make the best of, so do just that. Simply focus on making the best of each choice you are faced with today!—Will Grumke Director of Education. Action of Happiness: Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. Fitness quote for today: Hard Work, Beats Talent.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote for today: Keep working on those things that no one can take away from you: your character, your personality, your kindness. That’s all you.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 10,803 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Modified for at home Glutes/Back after dinner.