Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 - I hope you’ve been enjoying all your social events. I always appreciate your posts, so it’s good to see an update. It’s important to strengthen our connections to others so I’m happy to hear about your full social calendar. Enjoy! 🥂

@leni1us - Impressive step count and it’s so nice to see so many people continuing to walk into the colder months. I like to see how creative everyone gets, building steps into the daily routine by stepping in place while doing tasks around the house, walking in circles looping the office, making trips to special scenic locations, etc. Keep up the good work and many thanks to @jessicakrall8 for motivating so many ShapeShifters and recording all the miles! — I even took my dog for a long walk today! 🐶

Most recently, @KHill875’s story made me smile ear-to-ear. I can definitely understand how the bird sounds can awaken the senses on the walk to school. The sensation we get from stepping outside into the natural surroundings can really brighten our days! Turning down the advent calendar surprise for the experience of spending time walking together as a family is a wonderful reminder of the simple pleasures of the season. Thanks for sharing your daughter’s comments!! 🌈🦋❄️🌺

@SavageMrsMoose - What a beautiful tree and fun picture of your adorable dogs posing so nicely! I love it 😍

Keep up the good work!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    … Last week’s weight gives me a loss of 7.4lbs for the year, and a new 10+ year low. The biggest achievement for me this year is a better sense of self and well being. I’m in a much better place mentally than I’ve been in years….

@CasandraW - Congratulations on your loss for the year! Reaching your lowest weight in more than 10 years is a fantastic achievement! I am especially happy to learn about your improved wellbeing and sense of self though — there’s nothing more important than our physical and social emotional wellbeing! Our health is the foundation for everything else and I’m wishing you continued success as you pursue your new goals for the coming year! Great work!!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who participated in this week's challenge. The Week 3 Group Challenge is open and available to begin on Sunday, Dec 18th. Hope you'll join us for the Climb the Ladder to Lose Challenge.

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10879781/december-week-3-group-challenge-climb-the-ladder-to-lose#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Thank you, as always, for designing a great weekly challenge. I’m going to use your example but I love the idea of customizing one for the future. Thank you for the motivation, @jessicakrall8!
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nataliewr0403

Saturday
    PW 135.6
    CW136.4
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    sav90orbyrhq.gif
    Missing 2 weigh-ins for this week:
    @krissmisskross x2
    @leni1us
    (saw your steps for the week, but no weigh in)...

Please report in...stats begin early in the morning...thanks!
    Jessica
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumbinella

Sunday

PW: 169.8
    CW: 168.6

Have a great Sunday everyone! 🎄
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Steps
    16 Dec: 20.834
    17 Dec: 21.798
    I am afraid I don't have any good advice when it comes to the holidays. I just pretend Christmas isn't a thing for the most part. I don't have friends and I am not close to family (except for my parents I guess). I have also never liked how it mostly seems like a huge binge party focussed very heavily on food only. My parents and my brother don't live close and I have no car. My mom already comes over a few nights every two months or so and we always skip December. One of the games I play has a two week event that starts today and to be honest, I am much more excited for that than I will ever be for Christmas. So I am just staying home with Tinus and having fun. The grocery store is always hard for me, and the holidays don't make it any easier to stick to what is on my list, so that is the only additional struggle I have.
    Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,194 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 12/16: 10,577
    Sat 12/17: 11,862
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 277 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    alleykat69

weigh in: Sunday
    SW: 250
    PW: 193.1
    CW: 190.7
    TWL: 59.3

Steps for December 11 to 17
    Sunday 1429
    Monday 2334
    Tuesday 2854
    Wednesday 2013
    Thursday 1775
    Friday 1874
    Saturday 7237
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @Walela617, @SavageMrsMoose and @CasandraW - Congrats on your weight loss

@KHill875 - At both homes, I have a crazy bird that crashes into a window during certain times of the day. Both are mocking birds and it is something about seeing their reflection. I'm glad your daughter is enjoying the birds, they make me crazy

We made the drive down yesterday to Spur. My husband and son are off hunting now. Tricky part about coming out here is that we always put our diet on hold while we were out here. Both my husband and I are working on sticking to plan, but there is a habit involved.

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 303.0
    CW: 303.0
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Gm yall
    Cw 216.8
    Pw 217.8

Finally...weights going back in the right direction, even with all the eating out I've had. This is the most I've ate out in the last 2 years. Amazing what COVID19 has done. But it is what is is.

I went to Advent service and dinner at my church last night. I tried sweet potato soup last night. It was ok. I love sweet potatoes but really wasn't crazy about it as a soup but I'd eat it again .

I'm enjoying all of the pictures of the ice/snow. We will have that by Thursday here in Southeast Missouri. I will get to enjoy it as I'm off for 10 days from work. So it's concentration on me, my family and the house. Woot. Woot. Can't wait.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who had a loss or maintained this week, especially our team winners @Walela617, @SavageMrsMoose, and @TexanMom8152! It was so nice to see our Shape Shifter team on the F2F leader board again.

@TexanMom8152 - We have some little strings hanging at the top of one window because a bird flew into it. I know there are some decals you can buy, and some of them are fun and festive for the holidays, but here’s a simple example:

https://www.decorativefilm.com/solyx-sx-bsfv-bird-safety-film-59-or-70-wide?gclid=Cj0KCQiAtICdBhCLARIsALUBFcG4TP2IhIUDScGCZmsKydb5_YUP7XrU80FgzoO5-vi-DUkOwzV1_DAaAiHcEALw_wcB

No need to buy anything special to prevent the birds from rushing though — Our strings work fine. They are only about 3 and 4 inches long in an alternating pattern. The mocking birds can be very high energy - and even aggressive when protecting their nest - so I can only imagine how frustrating it could be.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Well, need to get all errands run before Thursday- huge blizzard heading our way Thursday morning into Saturday morning- 6 to 12 in of snow with 50 mph winds or higher
    Guess we're getting a white Christmas after all
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Steps
    18 Dec: 20.317
    19 Dec: 19.990
    @SavageMrsMoose So pretty! We are back to autumn weather; windy, rainy and grey. Went from -7 celcius at night to +6. It's a little ridiculous.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,194 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 12/18: 11,467
    Mon 12/19: 13,441
This discussion has been closed.