Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• nancyinmiami
    nancyinmiami Posts: 156 Member
    nancyinmo
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 187.6
    CW: 185.2

Got my booty back to Jazzercise this week, which I think really helped push the scale down. This is a pic of my Madison: 15 yo Bischon/Poodle mix, totally deaf at this point, slightly blind, and has a touch of dementia, but with a heart of gold. Happy Holidays to all!azo7e10lrnyn.jpeg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 992 Member
    Merry Christmas 🤶 to all the team.
    Hope you have a lovely time & stay safe if travelling to visit friends & family.
    @Pupowl I'm glad the extra money you received came at the right time,enjoy your peaceful Christmas with your new puzzle & with Tinus to keep you company.
    I had to have my oven fixed again !! Thankfully it could be repaired before Christmas.My younger son is helping me to cook dinner again.We made a good team last year.My sister & her boyfriend are coming for dinner.
    @PatriceFitnessPal you must make time to dance this Christmas.I think my regular Dance Fit classes helped my loss today.I am sure it will be back on tomorrow.
    @jessicakrall8 hope you enjoy Christmas,I'm sure you will miss your lovely companion Hazel Joy,a good read & some Christmas movies will cheer you up I'm sure.
    Just a couple of photos of me getting into the Christmas spirit at my Dance class.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 992 Member
    z8g1sh03xo6t.png
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 526 Member
    Wishing a very Merry Holiday weekend.
    @LaurieWrobo, Brids yoga is also free. She has a 7 day challenge starting tomorrow
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    edited December 2022
    @izzyred9400 , @nancyinmo and @LaurieWrobo LOVE the pictures!!! What a beautiful family Laurie...hope this Christmas is filled with peace! Izzy, thanks for your kindness...Nancy, your fur baby is adorable!!!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,446 Member
    Thank you @jessicakrall8 I hope you find some peace - I still miss my little miss from 3 years ago and my 15yo kitty 😺 💖 from this past April - they do leave their footprints on your ❤️
  • jessicakrall8
    The December Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, December 25th. Join us for the Pick Two Per Day Challenge and get focused on areas in your life that need more attention! Hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880145/december-week-4-group-challenge-pick-two-per-day-challenge#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,916 Member
    The weather outside is frightful...it really is yall. The temp when I got up this morning was a minus 7 degrees...aka 7 below zero. So, Dinah and I have kept walks very, very short. Indoor routines for exercise today was (2) 15 to 20 minute yoga routines. If yall are thinking about adding yoga, I do Birds routines and they're on YouTube. I prefer hers personally but you've got to find who you're comfy with.

I'm doing a New Year yoga month challenge with Adriene on YouTube- she's good too - it starts 1/3 and it's free 😉
    I tried Yoga with Adriene last year and didn't last very long. I think I'm in better shape now and might be able to do it this year, so I'll give it a try. I have only two yoga classes a week and I find it hard to do yoga on my own on the other days. Maybe her videos are what I need.

Knowing that Adriene has done more than one 30 day yoga journeys, I looked up the Yoga with Adriene YouTube channel and got a list of them. She just recently released her new journey for January 2023, but she's done one every year since 2015, so this latest one makes nine journeys!
    Here's a list of them:
    • 2015: 30 Days of Yoga
    • 2016: 30 Days of Yoga Camp
    • 2017: REVOLUTION - 31 Days of Yoga
    • 2018: TRUE - A 30 Day Yoga Journey
    • 2019: DEDICATE - A 30 Day Yoga Journey
    • 2020: HOME - 30 Days of Yoga With Adriene
    • 2021: BREATH - A 30 Day Yoga Journey
    • 2022: MOVE - A 30 Day Yoga Journey
    • 2023: CENTER - A 30 Day Yoga Journey
  • frankwbrown
    edited December 2022
    mwfk1dgqn86z.png
    That is too cute! 🤗
  • LaurieWrobo
    @frankwbrown - i did the one last year b/c I just found her on YouTube so I'm excited for Center!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    zac9uzl9ygp4.jpg

Stats won't be tabulated until later today...MODS are traveling...so get those updates in if possible. Thanks!

Missing weigh-ins for the week:
    @Jenhul
    @Walela617
    @pedal__power
    @leni1us x2

Jessica
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 296 Member
    alleykat69

Weigh in: Sunday
    SW: 255
    PW: 190.7
    CW: 190.6
    TWL: 64.4

Steps from December 18 to 24
    Sunday 3331
    Monday 3276
    Tuesday 3058
    Wednesday 3193
    Thursday 3602
    Friday 3294
    Saturday 3623
  • frankwbrown
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 12/23: 16,934
    Sat 12/24: 10,155
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 840 Member
    Sorry everyone. With mom in the hospital everything else has been put on hold. I think I'm going to bow out the rest of December, if that's okay. I really do love being a part of this team but my focus is on getting mom well and comforting my 95 year old dad.

I love hopping on when I can and reading all of your inspirational stories and hearing about what's going on in your life but, if it is okay, I'm going to take a break and pick things up again with January group.
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Bumbinella

Sunday weigh-ins

PW: 168.6
    CW: 168.0

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love those ☺️🎄
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    leni1us wrote: »
    Sorry everyone. With mom in the hospital everything else has been put on hold. I think I'm going to bow out the rest of December, if that's okay. I really do love being a part of this team but my focus is on getting mom well and comforting my 95 year old dad.

I love hopping on when I can and reading all of your inspirational stories and hearing about what's going on in your life but, if it is okay, I'm going to take a break and pick things up again with January group.

@leni1us I've asked the MODS to move you to the Support Team. Take care of your family and I'll be praying for your Mom and Dad...also take care of yourself. I know first-hand how draining caregiving can be. When you're ready to return, just send me an IM or pop in the chat and let me know and I'll get you moved back to active status. Take care!
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kanxwllupr1p.png
    yxxffpt7spad.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    75abz04tl8js.png

By Pounds
    kmrq1rcl43r6.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    xcr8rth0pcpa.png

By Pounds
    pv4uwyqsj379.png
    7lv8htqr85wx.png

Team Winners
    8hall4ev1hxu.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Let's take advantage of this final week of 2022 to plan and set up a few small (but effective!) habits to track in January 2023. The new Habit Tracker is ready for you!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-december-2022-january-2023#latest
  • LaurieWrobo
    Thank you @jugar filled mine out for January!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited December 2022
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 303.0
    CW: 304.5

Yesterday, ate something a little higher in fat content and of course my tummy said "excuse me, what?!" so I spent the afternoon feeling irritable and yucky...because of that I started my 16 hr fast early and that, along with the tummy ache, around 10:30 I was starving...got up and made a sandwich, breaking my fast...not the best day. Feel much better today...time to get to work OBVIOUSLY!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    WTG Shape Shifters and all of last week's winners and honorable mentions!! WTG @izzyred9400 @nancyinmo and @alleykat69 !! Rock it ladies!!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 526 Member
    I totally have lost track of time yall and forgot to weigh in this morning. I will be back on track next week. This holiday stuff has had me so messed up lately
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 220 Member
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW:197
    CW: 199 (last Friday)

Happy holiday season!
    So sorry to be late checking in. Have been enjoying celebrating Christmas this past week. Was able to fit in a minimum amount of exercise the past couple days, but ate way too much. I'm looking forward to building back some healthier ways and getting back on track in time for the new year!
This discussion has been closed.