Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW - If only the elf would do laundry, shop, cook … and parent! 😂🤣😂

It’s so difficult to see the people we love suffer. I hope your daughter can find a path through the pain to better health. The time and space might be helpful to both of you. I hope you recover from your flu/ cold soon and the rest of the month improves for you and your family. ❤️‍🩹
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @TexanMom8152 - I can identify with the abundance of shoes that appear with teens and young adults. I’m glad your son made it home safely, without any more deer incidents (how scary!), and you had a chance to snuggle 🥰!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Pupowl - I wonder if you couldn’t sleep well because you sensed something was wrong. I’m so sorry to hear about the leak and your fall on the ice.

Do you have any of those “Buy Nothing” neighborhood groups where you can make requests?

Our neighbors often offer plants when they want to thin their gardens/flower beds. If the heather doesn’t make it, someone might be willing to share.

Somebody may even have a rain barrel or water tank to give away. Our city was distributing some for free so we got a couple that way. It took us quite a while to hook them up to the rain gutters and hose but we finally did. It really is efficient so I can understand your disappointment in finding the leak and dealing with any necessary repairs or replacement costs.

You’re resourceful so I’m confident you’ll find a solution once you’ve had some time to think it through— sorry you have the additional task though!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo — I’m no longer in the ‘goal zone’ maintenance group either! ☹️ I wish I could say my weight gain was due to muscle soreness from lifting. My body is not holding on to water for muscle repair but I’m holding on to some negative emotions and extra calories! It’s time for a positive change. I hope to get back on track ASAP. Best wishes, everyone!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the concern everyone. I was already kneeling when I kind of flopped over on my side, so it wasn't a big deal, just very cold! :smiley:
    @jessicakrall8
    I also had issues earlier, it would keep logging me out when I went to my food page. Seems like it was a temporary hiccup.
    @CasandraW
    We rarely get cold like this, and it's usually dry without snow, so not much ice. I do remember one time where it was super scary outside because everything was covered in a thin layer of ice. It was really impossible to leave the house. That was not cool.
    I am very sorry to hear your daughter is struggling so much. Don't give up hope though. I had a very rough period when I was around 14-17 as well: skipping school constantly, self-harming, depressed, staying in my room day and night and I made it pretty much impossible for my parents to help or connect with me. She may just need to grow up a bit more. I am glad you are feeling better yourself.
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    That would have been very 6th sense! It still took me an hour after coming downstairs to discover it though. I even heard the water and was wondering what it was, but didn't investigate further beyond looking outside and seeing it wasn't raining/snowing. :neutral:
    Yeah, the plants aren't really a problem. My garden is still very much a work in progress and 6 new heather plants won't break the bank either. Sadly there aren't any groups like that where I live. I guess my town is a bit too small for that. I will give it a think and decide what I want to do later. I agree rain barrels are super valuable to have, especially with the summers getting hotter and dryer, so not having one isn't really an option for me.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    All this talk of ice must have jinxed me. Woke up to freezing rain this morning.
    dmw4h7125eiw.jpeg
    tnmgdjrh9eek.jpeg
    bbrg2ahvj7lj.jpeg
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @CassandraW I'm so sorry about your daughter and her struggles. There is nothing worse than when you want to help your child but feel you are unable. I think the stress we've been under since the pandemic has been particularly hard on some age groups. Hopefully the world will stabilize a bit and take that pressure off of her. The ice is really pretty!

@TexanMom8152 I think its wonderful you got to snuggle! I think shoes, socks, dishes, etc scattered about might be universal for this aged boy/man. Mine throws his socks on shelves so the dogs won't get them. But he's 6'4", played basketball, football, lacrosse and has quite the arm.... So I can't reach them either!!

Things are looking good here in Colorado. Its cold and snowy.

Have stuck to my calorie goals for three straight days with pretty decent logging. And my husband has been joining me- at least so far! My son is home. My daughter passed her MPRE - the ethics exam she needs to take along with the bar exam to practice law.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

• CasandraW
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose @Pupowl @PatriceFitnessPal
    Thank you all for the kind words about my daughter. I hope with time and maturity things change for her

Here are a couple more pictures of the ice. It really can be beautiful. Plus I got to practise my penguin walk when I took the dog out this morning.
    bugpejasjmfc.jpeg
    jbkqleilnouf.jpeg
    4zngfsopbka8.png
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo — I’m no longer in the ‘goal zone’ maintenance group either! ☹️ I wish I could say my weight gain was due to muscle soreness from lifting. My body is not holding on to water for muscle repair but I’m holding on to some negative emotions and extra calories! It’s time for a positive change. I hope to get back on track ASAP. Best wishes, everyone!

I hear ya - it could be also stress hanging on with the holidays coming up

@jessicakrall8 take me out of Maintenance I don't want to have to stress about it every week - hopefully next year it will get better
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo I sent a request to the MODS to move you...should be soon. I'm sure you'll get back to Maintenance in early 2023! It's good to have new goals, right?! Keeps us from getting into a rut!

Jessica
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Walela617
    ALL-TIME HIGH: 217.0 on 02/29/2008!

SW: 159.0 (12/01: Post-Thanksgiving - UGH!) This was my December starting weight.
    PW: 154.6 (12/08: Week of Atonement!)
    CW: 153.8 (12/15: Back on Track!) :)
    r1drh0dsb724.jpg

For my "Path to Lifestyle Change" program my starting weight was 09/01/22. My 1st and current weight loss stats are very interesting!
    dmvh7vlozy3e.jpg
    I need to be more consistent about checking in and reporting. Now that things are a bit less hectic, I should be able to do so. Cheers everyone! <3

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Walela617
    ALL-TIME HIGH: 217.0 on 02/29/2008!

SW: 159.0 (12/01: Post-Thanksgiving - UGH!) This was my December starting weight.
    PW: 154.6 (12/08: Week of Atonement!)
    CW: 153.8 (12/15: Back on Track!) :)

I need to be more consistent about checking in and reporting. Now that things are a bit less hectic, I should be able to do so. Cheers everyone! <3

@Walela617 We never received your 12/8 weigh-in...just an FYI...if you forget to post, you can always shoot me a private message and let me know and I can record for you. Great loss! Good job!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Here’s my weekly weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday

SW: 168
    PW: 130.9
    CW: 131.6

LTD: 36.4

I’m still hurt, but slowly getting better. Since I re-started exercising last Thursday, I’ve only worked out with the personal trainer for two 30-minute sessions. My winter conditioning group is off for two weeks starting on Monday so I’m struggling a bit to get out of this rut. My younger son is driving back from South Carolina tomorrow, and he’s always good about exercising with me, so I’m going to ask him if he wants to be my ‘accountability buddy” while he’s home.

Best wishes, Shape Shifters!
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Hi, I need to skip this Saturday’s weigh in. I’m out of town visiting family and not a scale in sight lol. Thanks!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW: 196.4
    CW: 197.0

Happy Friday, Shape Shifters!
    I pulled my hip flexor helping out at hockey practice last weekend. The coach started the practice with full speed drills in a cold arena and I wasn't properly warmed up...ugh! Walking is okay, but I've not been getting enough exercise to balance out or get ahead of some extra calories I've been consuming. I fully logged food on only 3 days this week.

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all your posts, hope you all are keeping well!

• CasandraW
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I hope you recover soon. It’s so frustrating being injured.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-166
    Current weight-166.8
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    12/12-13,510
    12/13-7,937