Monthly Post for January 2023

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
Happy New Year! Here is to a good year full of health and happiness!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Hope you had a great NYE with family and friends. We went to a friend's house, as we do every year, and we had fun!

One more day of vacation and then back to work tomorrow. :'(

Hope you have a good one. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I stepped on the scale for the first time in... a while. I think I might be at an all time high. :o I guess there is nowhere to go but down! I generally don't do New Year's resolutions, but I am definitely feeling a renewed sense of purpose for weight loss. And for getting myself together, in general.
    I hope the new year is treating everyone well! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

@KateNkognito yep, I can relate. I don't do resolutions either but I need to focus on my health more. Seeing how health affects my family lately has been a real eye opener. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2023!

First day back in the office today. Ugh. That's all I have to say for now. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was the first day back, but it was a professional development day, no kids. Tomorrow all the kiddos are back. Send caffeine!
    I am getting myself together a tiny bit at a time.
    @Meghan509 Patience and good luck with the office and traffic!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Nice, @KateNkognito I like how you are easing back! Hope it was a productive day.

Yesterday was busy but good. Today's traffic was good too! Weeee! Thank you for mentioning.

Plugging along and going with the flow. Planning for our "big" meeting at the end of the month in Florida. Yep, back to Florida for me, for a few days. This time on work's dime. LOL

Hope you have a good day! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I stepped on the scale this morning only to find I had hit a brand new high. So I kept my fast going for 22 hours. I had a small dinner and will fast until lunch time tomorrow. I am going to keep track of my calories and see what happens. I am retaining a lot of water for some reason. Hopefully fasting and much less salt will help and I will lose.
    Glad traffic was good, Meghan! Will you be able to check in on your family, or will you be in a different part of the state?
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Rainy day here but not too bad otherwise. Traffic was pretty low key again. Woo hoo!

Busy but good. Thanks Kate. Yes, I can drive 45 minute or so north to see my family and help out if needed, but if all is okay I might not. Saves a night at a hotel, a rental car charge, etc. etc. So I might just go straight to the hotel where the meeting is on Sunday. Keeping an earlier departure in my back pocket just in case!

Sorry to hear about your weight. I am there with ya. Hope your fast went well!

I can't really focus on tracking and doing whatever it takes to lose weight at the moment. Just sort of doing the bare minimum. When life settles down I will refocus. Hopefully in early February or after this meeting and a crazy January wraps.

Have a good Thursday and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I was down almost two pounds this morning. :)
    I absolutely get what you are saying, Meghan. Sometimes you just have to get through the moment, then work on a goal.
    The end of last year, actually, all of last year, was draining. Now I am in a place to be able to focus on what I need to do to be healthy.
    I will keep you in my prayers for what you need to get through.
  • Meghan509
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Good morning!

I am so glad to be working from home. Being able to sleep in, not have to deal with traffic, and wearing comfy clothes is the icing on the cake!

Hope your week is going well, Kate! Congrats on the two pound loss!!

Yes, I know what you mean about 2022. I was optimistic since 2021 was not good with my Dad's health and 2022 was not much better. I haven't said it but we found out that my Dad's cancer is back, two days before Christmas. This time it is in the liver. Keep my family in your thoughts. We will find out more next week. He has an appointment on the 12th with his care team. It is a very well known and respected facility so he is in good hands. UGH.

Other than that, just plugging along. Thank you for your prayers Kate.

Have a good weekend. Relaxing is on the schedule here and not much else. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @meghan509 I will absolutely keep your dad in my prayers! I added him to my list.

Today was so long and I have a sinus infection. Rest and relaxation are the only things I have on my agenda for this weekend. Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Hope you had a nice weekend. Our's was productive and relaxing.

Thank you, @KateNkognito I appreciate the prayers and positive vibes. Will let you know what the medical team says later this week. Fingers and toes crossed.

Hope you are feeling better too! UGH, sinus infections are the worst. Try breathing in some hot water vapers and see if that helps the swelling. :(

Plugging along here, working from home which is nice. Busy today but that's okay. It is already lunch time!

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I rested all weekend, then stayed home today and went to the doctor for an antibiotic. You know it is bad when it is worth writing sub plans!
    I hope you enjoyed not having traffic today, Meghan!
    Going to shower and then go back to bed. The worst part is I keep waking myself up snoring!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you are feeling better, @KateNkognito! Yep, I bet you feel yucky if you have to do plans for the sub. Too funny! Hope you are resting again today.

Tuesday is here and oh boy what a day. LOL

Got in nice and quickly this AM. Traffic was kind. Got out of the car and grabbed my back pack with my computer. Whoops. Too light. Laptop was left at home!! UGH. Turned around, went back, got in a little late but not too too bad. My folks were not mad or anything, most people can relate and have done same before. :blush:

Trying not to let my laptop snafu derail my day. It is what it is. I am going to have a good productive day! Using it right now to type this message. LOL

Have a good one and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Oh, no, Meghan! I am always afraid I am going to do that! Glad you weren't too late. :)
    It is amazing what a difference a couple of doses of antibiotics makes! I feel so much better today. I ended up fasting because my stomach doesn't always tolerate antibiotics very well. So, I feel better and it will be easy to fast for the next 10 days. :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Made it to work WITH laptop the first time around! LOL Traffic was not bad as well! Yesterday did turn out to be a pretty good day. Busy and productive but not crazy, thank God.

Glad you are feeling better, @KateNkognito phew! Sinus stuff is no fun for sure. Lots of people getting over stuff at the office and coughing, coughing, coughing. UGH. Will keep washing my hands and drinking my water! Glad you are fasting easily too!

Not a whole lot happening here which is okay. Bit, of a holding pattern. Waiting for people to get back to me before I can proceed. Fun, fun, fun.

Have a good Wednesday and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I don't know what is in the air, but the kids were weird today. :o I teach middle school and I had to tell people not to sniff each other.
    @Meghan509 Glad it was a good day after all and today is going well, too. Thinking of your dad and his appointment tomorrow.
    Fasting along. Pretty much just having a 100 cal snack pack when I take my antibiotic and then dinner in the evening. We'll see how it goes. Also have some hormone weirdness going on lately.
    I am off to print things I forgot to print at school for tomorrow. Whoops!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOLOL @KateNkognito as my BF and I like to often say about the younger generations today - they are a "new breed". LOL

Rainy day here, but it is warm enough that we do not have snow like the cities north and west of us! Phew.

Not a whole lot going on. Planning this meeting for end of January and feeling like "hurry up and wait". So many people are slow with confirming their travel plans which doesn't allow me to submit the transportation info to the car company. Soon I will be getting emails from people, "when am I getting picked up?" "what's my hotel confirmation info?" Serenity!

Hope you have a good Thursday and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Meghan, remember, patience is a virtue, not a waste of time. (I just say that, I don't actually act like it!) Or, "Lord, give me patience because if You give me strength, someone is going to be coming to meet you real soon!" I may or may not have said the second one a *few* times today.
    Fasting along and so ready for the three day weekend. Have a good one!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Good ones, Kate! LOL Hope you have a great long weekend! Our office is open for MLK but I am working remote so it should be a low key day. Some people take it off since schools are closed, etc.

Not too much happening here. Glad it is a Friday and I am working from home.

Just got a call from my Dad about his appointment yesterday. He has stage 4 cancer in his liver and it is considered esophagus cancer. The liver is like a filter so all the bad stuff goes through there. They said he unfortunately will always have cancer somewhere in his body. :(
    He has two options, chemo every two weeks for life and the best outcome would be that the chemo keeps it at bay, the other option is doing nothing and he would have six months to live. :( He is waiting for a few tests to come back and will know more next week but he is leaning towards giving chemo a shot and seeing how his body reacts. UGH. Still processing all of this.

Sorry to be a downer. :(

I wish you a relaxing weekend. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hugs Meghan! I will keep him and your family on my prayer list.
    Have a good weekend. I know I need it!