WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    What a Tuesday! I hope everyone has had/is having a good one. I am enjoying the walking about, seeing critters, and playing some music.

Thanks for the health and testing updates - there is a lot of info we can use to work on things, for sure. Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming, but when ongoing trends are explained it is amazing. Keep on sharing!

I'm off for the evening of raccoon viewing and other excitements... I have a friend in Thunder Bay (Ontario) who has a lynx in her yard at the moment. It is always fun to be able to see critters in the yard.

Wednesday folks! Are you ready to go? Heads up -
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

And some late folks - PLEASE do not hesitate to ask if you want to change weigh-in days.
    @ells_bellz
    @BlueSkyNomad
    @nightfeeding1
    @MoonlitMuse

Thanks!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just finished catching up on the posts I missed.

@EvMakesChanges So sorry to hear about your dear friend.

@eggfreak Sorry to hear you have stress and worry about your brother. Keeping you in my thoughts.

@bowens1973 Happy 50th Birthday Brad! Loved all of the great pictures too.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    I think I’m mostly caught us reading posts. I second Kristi’s thoughts above as well.

I did 5 minutes of stretching this morning. Not much but more than yesterday. I logged my food and closed my diary. I was under too.

I bet my cortisol levels are elevated too with all this house stuff and my sons layoff. My body aches all over and my hip is so sore. My friend told me acupuncture helped her. Have any of you used acupuncture before?

I’m going to heed @conleywoods recipe — get sleep. I’m headed there now. Hopefully, I’ll sleep ok.

Have a good day/night. Tomorrow I need to drink more water.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @adrimango I went to the gym this afternoon so I am passing you the baton 😊

D’y’all have those weeks where it doesn’t matter what you eat you’re still hungry? That’s me this week 😞
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    PW: 216.4
    CW: 215.8

Slowly heading down in the right direction!

@LoraineGB I tend to have hungry days rather than hungry weeks. Yesterday was a hungry day, and I try to eat more fruits or veggies, or just get busy so I don't think about it.

@MoonlitMuse your schedule sounds busy! I have been staying warm...it's been 75F in NC this week and tomorrow will be close to 80! Everything is starting to bud on the trees, they are saying 30 days ahead of normal. We are getting ready for pollen!

@micki48 my husband did dry needling for tight muscles and it really helped him! I am still not fully sure the difference between accupuncture and dry needling.
  • jugar
    Options
    PW 170.8
    CW 174.4

Ehhhh Yesterday was a bad day, but I felt good so I that is more important to me right at this moment.
    THIS! It is possible to feel great at any weight. Remember when you first hit this weight after starting out heavier? You were probably over the moon and felt utterly wonderful. I remember how great I felt when I got to a weight far higher than I am now. I would feel like a complete failure if I got to that weight again. So go ahead and feel great! Remember that weight is not the whole story by a long shot. Hugs going out to you!
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    @adrimango I went to the gym this afternoon so I am passing you the baton 😊

D’y’all have those weeks where it doesn’t matter what you eat you’re still hungry? That’s me this week 😞
    That hunger is your body trying really hard to convince you to get back to where it feels more "normal". Take a few days at a more maintenance level of intake, and then pat your inner homeostasis cops on the head and tell them it's going to be all right. It's a great sign to be good and hungry when eating time rolls around - it means you probably haven't overdone it during your last meal or snack. Hang in there!
  • jugar
    Options
    I had a great stairmaster style walk today - all the big hills! Snowshoes not required - the previous tracks are hard, the deer trails are also good and hard, but over the next couple of days we're supposed to get more snow at last. I can't wait! Even if it is followed by some super cold temps, that is all fine by me :smiley:

Has anyone done hot yoga? I'm thinking of trying a class or 2 just to stop being alone all the time when exercising. It's tempting, but I have not done much yoga before.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    Options
    Stretched in the am. Still not drinking enough water. Falling asleep. Writing. More tomorrow b
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar I got very sick last night and was not able to eat today. I am going to hope eating returns to normal tomorrow and I will weigh in Friday. Sorry, I know I was late last week too.🤦‍♀️
    "sorry" is not a word needed in this situation! I hope you feel better soon. Sleeeeeeep.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Welcome @BrownMargaret3021 - looking forward to getting to know you!
This discussion has been closed.