WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Heya! Life has been absolutely insane since being sick for two weeks. I'm finally feeling better at least! My weight is at 229 though 😢 @jugar
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    IDebraK
    WEIGH IN: Saturday
    PW: 127.4
    CW: 128.4
    HIGHEST EVER WEIGHT: 196.6
    GOAL ZONE: 115-122
    GOAL THIS WEEK: 128

STEPS:
    SAT: 8464
    SUN: 14212
    MON: 16722
    TUES: 16235
    WED: 20760
    THURS: 17205
    FRI: 8335
    TOTAL: 101933

Step goal was better this week, but still not exactly where I want it. Weight keeps going the opposite direction. I'm switching some things around this week to see if I can counter that. I was sick all week, but I still went to work. It was more of a gut thing than an actual sick (virus) sick. I have a few gut issues anyway, and I guess the diet to support the heavier weight training is not agreeing with my insides. Slight tweak. Nothing major.

I AM SO IN FOR A GO GREEN MARCH!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @nightfeeding1 it is so good to hear from you! I was worried you had disappeared. But a holiday in Gdansk is far better than fading away into nothingness :smiley: Since you are just weighing in now, would you like to change your regular weigh-in day to Saturday? That way you will have a whole week until the next time. And a quick tip - be sure not to put a space after the @ if you want to tag someone in your message. It should turn blue (and give you a tiny window with the person's username) if you have the correct one. I fixed some of them in your messages, so everyone should know you tagged them.

@AshenMoon also! It is such a drag that you have been sick. Here's to a healthier March. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Fitbit question - this is always an interesting one. Yes, it is easy to get obsessive about the numbers. What I do is wear it for a period of time, enjoy the source of information, and then take it off until I feel like I want the information again. I have never used it for sleep or any of the other fancy bits of tracking that I find to be too much information. Steps, sometimes resting heart rate, that's about it. But don't forget, you don't have to do it all the time. I'll probably put mine back on in April...

@IDebraK good to see you too! About the diet to support heavier weight training vs gut issues... I think a lot of those recommendations for diet are oriented towards men. I think the high protein values in most of them are excessive. If you're not going Olympic level, but just building muscle, I really do not think that the protein amounts frequently recommended are needed at all. Keep your gut happy, and you'll feel better! Experiment with different balances, and you'll find one that works. Lotsa veggies and legumes works great for me, and fat levels are also to be fooled around with until you find what works for your own system. And your age, etc. -- things change!
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL! Final weigh-in for February Week 4:

@ells_bellz
    @BlueSkyNomad
    @MoStacy
    @bobagurl2017

Thanks!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak Do you find the fitbit helpful? My husband and a friend have been telling me to buy one and say that it really helps them stay active. I tend to get obsessive about things and worried that I would challenge myself too much if I bought one .. :neutral:

I have an Apple Watch that I bought purely for health reasons (the fall detection and holding medical info if needed by paramedics). I was obsessive with step counts and closing rings for about six months and then totally switched off it. Now I only use it for data purposes like @jugar says. At the moment I’m tracking VO2 and my heart rates, I don’t even look at steps.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Friends - here's my weigh-in:

PW - 186.6
    CW - 186.2
  • jugar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.