Options

Replies

• DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 218.2
    CW: 220.6

So sorry for the gain guys.. this week I know I didn’t make the best choices.. but it’s still upsetting
    I’m noticing a trend where I always gain the last week of the month! How annoying!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    @39flavours
    @LoraineGB
    You are our trailblazers for the month ahead :smiley: You both had a completely green February - a loss every single week. Keep it up! You are fabulous, and the rest of us are going to try to match your record during all five weeks of the March challenge. Thanks for showing us it can be done!
  • jugar
    Options
    The March Team Chat is open!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884769/waistaways-team-chat-march-2023/p1?new=1

Please continue this week's weigh-ins and exercise reports here, and go to March for (re)introductions, and discussion of how we are going to make the month green! What are your go-to tools, tactics, strategies, and gifts to give your future self?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,805 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have another new member joining your awesome team...Please welcome @carlsoda :)
  • jugar
    Options
    @carlsoda Welcome!! Jump right in and introduce yourself - we are looking forward to having you with us.
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in update - right up through Saturday:
    :smiley: Let's close out this month with all the numbers ready to go!
    @ells_bellz
    @BlueSkyNomad
    @nightfeeding1
    @AshenMoon
    @bowens1973
    @eggfreak
    @MoStacy
    @bobagurl2017
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @IDebraK

Thanks!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,575 Member
    Options
    Hi @jugar! I can’t weigh-in this week because my scale is packed away and we are moving this weekend. I should be ready to go next week in the March chat thread.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in (on Saturday again lol)

PW 209.1
    CW 207.9

I am really confused about what is going on. I was up this week. One day at 211, then yesterday down to 209.8, so I waited a day to see if I could be green. Today 207.9. I got on THREE different times because I didn’t believe it. I am not logging 😕 and I don’t feel like I’m doing much different than when I was gaining, gaining, and gaining. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m not complaining. I will take these losses. My steps are good but intentional exercise is almost nonexistent. In fact, I laid down for a minute last night at 8:30 and ended up asleep for the night.

I have been trying to get more potassium like my dietitian suggested but find it difficult to get 4300 mg. (I think that’s what it was).
    jugar wrote: »
    @micki48 we were on the same wavelength this morning, I think! For once, I got my exercise in before noon, and you wrote to us while at work. Good move! I'm so glad your daughter and her OH are closing on a house, and all my wishes are with you for your son to find the job of his dreams and that you'll be able to sell your house soon. That kind of stress is rough, and certainly does not help with your resting heart rate. Keep checking off those little things that
    you CAN do and slowly the list will shrink, I hope!

@jugar Thank you so much for this. I am so grateful to have had you all with me this last crazy year. You are a constant. ❤️

More houses to look at today that I probably can’t buy. We do it to see what’s out there. Soon. Soon things will move forward and I will be able to find my house and get settled.

@DD265 Your meals and gardening classes sound wonderful.

@PlaneMonkey and @ashleycarole86 So sorry to hear you feel your self care being crunched by job pressures. Hugs.

@LoraineGB You are doing fantastic. On a roll. Keep up the great work.

@MoonlitMuse Id be game. Need to know more about it.
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    PW: 160
    CW: 160

I haven’t done any exercises this week as I’ve been overwhelmed at work. I’m hoping to resume on Monday xx
  • nightfeeding1
    nightfeeding1 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @zankash23 We live in the real world and sometimes its just not possible to do what we want to do. Hope things get better for you and you get more time to concentrate on yourself again.
  • nightfeeding1
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @eggfreak Do you find the fitbit helpful? My husband and a friend have been telling me to buy one and say that it really helps them stay active. I tend to get obsessive about things and worried that I would challenge myself too much if I bought one .. :neutral:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday with my new CW of 184.6
    My clothes are a bit snug but my core feels stronger, especially when working with other older people who have let their muscles take unapproved holidays, like mine!
    When I remember to engage my core before reaching for a spoon in the drawer, for example, it brings my spine into better alignment and I then move more intentionally. Every bit helps.
    Good grief…it’s almost March already!
    I’m trying to pare down some of the furniture and “stuff” in our apartment. I looked at suggestions online and laughed when the first idea recommended taking everything outside then bring in only the things you want. That could be dangerous on those days when I’m ready to give it all a “good coat o’ fah-ir (“fire”, for those of you who may need an interpreter).
    Time to get some exercise so the tomorrow me will feel like a queen when getting up.
    Hugs all around.
  • nightfeeding1
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @micki48 Congratulations on your weight loss! I would not worry too much about the gain and loss. I am an ex-weight-watcher and was told once "if you eat less for a while the body thinks that you are in a famine and holds onto calories and stores it as fat - that means that sometimes you don't lose weight or even gain weight for a while .. if you continue to eat less the body eventually has to use the fat stores and you lose weight". Maybe thats what happened to you :o
  • nightfeeding1
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @conleywoods Am sorry to read that you are having such a hard time just now and hope you can get your health problems sorted out soon. I have been going through something similar with horrible stress at work and am off sick just now. My blood pressure too high, sleeping badly and have a work-related injury! Life sucks! I don't know how you are feeling just now but I am finding it really hard .. need to reduce stress and change my habits and do healthy things like drink less coffee .. and go to bed before midnight ..
This discussion has been closed.