Wednesday 8th - 13541
    Thursday 9th - 4632
    Friday - 3144 / 39 mins HR12W3.0 Day 10 - Toned Thighs & Hip Mobility
    Saturday - 2987

TTFN
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @jugar - I've unexpectedly out of town and won't be able to weigh in. Can I defer to next week?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    How are everyone's No Zero days going?

I'm finding it helpful to make sure there is at least one thing that makes the tomorrow me healthier and grateful. Today was a good long brisk walk instead of snowshoeing - less exertion, but more steady striding along. It felt good. I'm going to balance it with a few push-ups and I did about 20 minutes of Pilates just to use the muscles more.

We have no Tuesday weigh-in people, but a few more Sunday-Monday folks yet to check in:
    @ells_bellz
    @nightfeeding1
    @MoonlitMuse
    @cybernurse251

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @conleywoods that dress is gorgeous on you!

@KellyBgetsfit I'm definitely feeling the carb cravings, so trying to redirect those towards low-GI carbs or a small amount of carbs & protein/fibre as per my dietician.

Yesterday I managed to resist the cravings somehow - messaging OH to say I wanted something sweet helped even though he wasn't able to respond straight away, I think avoiding 'secret eating' might be a good thing. Also, whilst he tries to empathise, he doesn't understand my struggles with my weight (he's never had any himself) so if I'm more open about it, he might start to 'get it'.

The cold is way worse today, which I think means I'm on the mend. These things always seem to get worse before they get better. I pushed my training session to the end of the week and I am glad of that as I would not be up for it this morning. A couple of years ago I'd have just cancelled, but these days I try to reschedule and miss as few as possible.

OH wanted pancakes for Valentines (despite the fact that it's pancake day next week) which goes totally against everything the dietician said because I have them with Nutella. She did suggest oatcakes with peanut butter as a snack (I tried it yesterday and oatcakes fine, peanut butter not fine) so I'm debating swapping the pancakes for oatcakes but then I feel like I'm being awkward. It's just one meal.

Plan for today? Die quietly, stick to 1 reasonable-portion treat, go for a walk/treadmill even if just 1 minute. Additional snacks are fair game but aim for low GI options. Also, try apple & peanut butter as a combo.
  • nightfeeding1
    nightfeeding1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @ CarolAnnM2 Well done! Sounds like you are working hard and its paying off :smiley:
  • nightfeeding1
    nightfeeding1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @ conleywoods You look fabulous in your dress. Sounds like a nice time out
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @nightfeeding1 Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods that is a beautiful dress and looks great on you!

@DD265 that's a good term, secret eating. I don't necessarily binge, just hide what I eat. My husband is overweight himself, but doesn't understand why I would hide what I am eating. I am trying not to keep cash on me so I can't go out and buy sweets.

Today was a gorgeous day in NC, 67F and sunny! It's my half day at work, so I went to the gym after work and then sat outside to eat lunch 😊 Soaking up some natural vitamin D!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods looking great!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I hope you're feeling better and those headaches give you a break.

@KellyBgetsfit way to refocus after all those birthdays.

I did my plank challenge today and I adjusted the water in my hot tub so it's a no zero day for me! With my new training class I'm out of the house for all daylight hours which saps my energy and motivation to do much else. Tomorrow is my tabata class and I'm hoping Thursday I will be asked to play hockey (I'm not scheduled) so that will help me burn some energy. I haven't been logging but portions have been reasonable.

I just added apples to my shopping list to eat with peanut butter! That will be a good 'school' snack.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    I just brought home some new freshly ground peanut butter today. For apples. You all are making me feel like this was absolutely the right thing to do!
    62iza3m973ab.png

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Pw - 172.4
    Cw 170.8

Have a great day
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar @planemonkey I did not try apples with peanut butter yesterday. I should do today. I am not convinced I like peanut butter so I may have put it off. ;)

Anybody know what the least-strong nut butter is?

We had our pancakes and I did enjoy them but I also noticed that the first ingredient in Nutella is sugar (50g+ of sugar per 100g) so they tasted OTT sweet to me. OH originally wanted steaks for V-day, but we didn't need anything else from the butchers and my Saturday morning was already busy. So we're going to have steaks on pancake day instead. Otherwise I stuck to my healthy eating guidelines (not "rules" - I'm feeling a bit restricted and want to reframe!) and I think I drunk about 4L of water; mouth breathing makes me thirsty!

I'm planning to do is print off some of the guidelines and stick them on the insides of cupboard doors, so portion sizes etc are easily available to both of us. I'll probably do one for snack ideas that I like as well. As I said previously, I need to reframe the feeling of restriction into 'choosing healthier options'. I'm trying to stick with it because much like the muesli that I didn't enjoy at first, I will get used to it.

I worked a half day yesterday to cover my meetings and took the rest off. I feel brighter today - not 100% by any means, but like I have more than 1 functioning brain cell. :D Despite outside being very cold, it's sunny so I am going to try and get some fresh air in at lunch and/or after work. I would like to check on/top up the bird feeders at the allotment, which would be a short and enjoyable errand.
This discussion has been closed.