WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• nightfeeding1
    nightfeeding1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy I like the sound of your salads and that you are using hemp seeds and sunflower seeds as a topping. I have never eaten hemp so would like to try this as a one of my goals this week. Have you tried eating nutritional yeast? I read that this taste like cheese (without the calories!) and was thinking of buying and trying this too.
    This week I have been overeating every day slightly (roughly150calories) but eating less than usual so hope I have lost weight. I stepped up my training and have begun doing more aerobics and HiiT. I feel better and woke up yesterday with a bit more energy :blush:
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    PW: 166.8
    Cw: 170.6

Not sure what's up with the gain as I was consitent with my exercise but my diet needs to be worked on.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @bobagurl2017 That sounds like a good date 👍🏻

@cleaneater80 Been there, done that….Don’t get discouraged. I’ve received lots of good advice here and it’s helped me to soldier on.

@conleywoods Kudos for “still moving forward…” 👏🏼
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @Gidgitgoescrzy I like the sound of your salads and that you are using hemp seeds and sunflower seeds as a topping. I have never eaten hemp so would like to try this as a one of my goals this week. Have you tried eating nutritional yeast? I read that this taste like cheese (without the calories!) and was thinking of buying and trying this too.
    This week I have been overeating every day slightly (roughly150calories) but eating less than usual so hope I have lost weight. I stepped up my training and have begun doing more aerobics and HiiT. I feel better and woke up yesterday with a bit more energy :blush:
    Nutritional yeast is great stuff. I always use it instead of cheese on vegetarian dishes like chili (stir it in while it is good and hot), and in any sauce where you want a cheesy flavour without the fat and calories. It has great amounts of all kinds of vitamins too. And on popcorn? Wow. Pop up a batch of just plain popcorn and then shake it up with nutritional yeast. It is delicious. I make homemade vege-paté also. This is mostly sunflower seeds, some vegetables (carrot, onion), nutritional yeast, herbs, and a bit of oil blended up and then baked. It is so good as a dip (with raw veggies) or on slices of tomato, in sandwiches, crumbled in salad - you name it. Now you've gotten me started! It is a very useful substance, let's say :smile:

Hemp seeds are also a really useful add-in to all kinds of things from salads to yogurt, oatmeal, date-seed-nut bars, smoothies, on ice milk or ice cream (I did NOT say that), etc. They have a lot of nutrition and taste pretty good IF you find super fresh ones that have not been sitting around at room temp for too long. I always keep them in the fridge. I just bought some today that were so fresh I ate a spoonful of them just plain - there was too much to fit in the jar :wink:

Never heard of nutritional yeast, but now I will have to try it... The vege pate sounds yummy, and I will definitely have to try it on popcorn, we eat alot of popcorn.

Hemp seeds are great, they remind me of walnuts, just super chopped up. I use them alot, we use them as a filler in meatballs instead of breadcrumbs, casserole topping, I've even put them in brownies, and cookies when I wanted a nutty flavor but didn't have walnuts, the only problem is they are so small you don't get that bite of a nut, but the flavor is there, sooooo it works, but not exactly the same and yes, they have to be fresh, when I buy a bag, I always put it in a glass jar, then in the fridge.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Options
    Last night was not so good, I snacked alot. I had a terrible headache, and I am a snacker when I don't feel well...

Today will be good though. :smile:

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Options
    PW - 171.8
    CW - 172.4

:neutral:

I know what did it, and it's my fault, I have to get my weekends under control. Ya know it's funny, I used to blame it on my weekends because that was when I drank, and I had to eat so I wouldn't get too drunk, or I was hungover and just didnt care. Now I don't drink, so I can't use that as an excuse. So it's because I don't have structure, but I don't want structure either, so it's going to have to be something like " you can have that Frappuccino, but you need to get a small one, not a large one" I just have to get my brain to remember this though...

I don't know what I have planned for this weekend, but the weather is not going to be horrible, so I think maybe I will try to get outside, and go on a hike or something, I've been saying that for a while, and have yet to do it.

Have a great day !
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm back to my morning workouts and the past two days are going well. I'm feeling more confident in creating my own workout which cuts down on the time I spend looking for videos. Yesterday food was going so good...in the middle of dinner I lost my appetite (something gross happened). That lead to late night snacks that were not good for me. I never bake cookies, why?!? Back on track today and the scale shows minimal damage from the cookies.

@ashleycarole86 The animals sound so cool. We have an indoor petting zoo about an hour and a half from our house I've wanted to take the kids to. The have sloth experiences where you get to hold them and spend time with them. I can imagine a baby is cuteness x 100!

@DD265 Sounds like you are making a lot of good progress with food workouts and running.

@KellyBgetsfit I hope Mabel is doing better soon. Less than 3 hours of sleep isn't enough 😴 I'm the same, no sleep equals all the carbs.

@Gidgitgoescrazy I also like unstructured weekends but they definitely lead to unstructured food. Starbucks frequently shows up on my weekend meal logs!
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy @jugar @nightfeeding1 I'm also a fan of nutritional yeast! It can bring a slightly nutty flavor too. It's a staple in our fridge for sure.

@DD265 I'm also going to wait for salads until it's warmer. I'm always cold Sept - April it seems! Your workout is awesome!

@KellyBgetsfit Fatigue/exhaustion is my #1 undoing. My body just wants energy and so craves carbs. Hope you got some sleep last night.

Mon & Tues were long days. After work both nights I spent a long while putting together my new standing desk and rearranging everything so it fits and I can sit or stand easily. I was moving the router and sorting out a nest of cords at 8pm last night. But my tiny home office is way more functional now. Still some purging and organizing to do, but it will have to wait for the weekend. Planning to hit the gym this evening - I got taken out by my TOM then the office reset so haven't been back since last week. My new sneakers came though so no more sore feet!
This discussion has been closed.