Options

Replies

• alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 144.2
    CW: 145.0

I hate that I had a small gain this week, but am really not surprised by it. Time to get back on track and make better choices!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @jugar I need another week to weigh in, dealing with a bacterial infection in my chest and nose after my pretty substantial cold 😢
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of pickleball, it looks like it's like ping pong, but on the ground... LOL

Anyway, the husband signed us up for a membership at a club that is big into the pickleball, they have alot of courts, but they also have a pool, which is why we even went there in the 1st place. But now that I've seen it, I'm kinda excited to learn and play pickleball... Looks a bit easier than tennis.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I want to play pickleball! It looks so fun. Our municipality has a league and when I went to sign up for the beginner level, I found out that it had sold out the first hour of registration. My aunt and uncle love it so much they painted a pickleball court on their driveway.
    https://youtu.be/tYX5l6js01U
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,199 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    @jugar @planemonkey I did not try apples with peanut butter yesterday. I should do today. I am not convinced I like peanut butter so I may have put it off. ;)

Anybody know what the least-strong nut butter is?
    For a long time I would only use sunflower seed butter - but almond butter is great too, as long as you get one that only contains almonds and nothing else.

• jugar
    Options
    Well hrrrumph! I thought I had posted a message last night, but it just sat here not saying a word. Then it disappeared when I refreshed the page - usually the "drafts" function is annoying and you can't get rid of something, but this time it disappeared no problem :neutral: In any case, the Wednesday people went un-nagged this week. I'll re-nag here!

First of all, though, @Gidgitgoescrzy I suggest you give a neilmed neti pot a try. My ENT recommends we use one 3-4 times per day in winter, especially if you tend to get sinus infections, have allergies, or get plugged up ears. I find it incredibly effective. They're easy to find in just about any pharmacy - but I would stick with the funny looking little blue pot, not the fancy pump thing or whatever. I hope you get relief - sinus infections are the very very bad dog of ailments.

Nagging refresh - due through end of Wednesday:
    @ells_bellz
    @nightfeeding1
    @MoonlitMuse
    @cybernurse251
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I want to play pickleball! It looks so fun. Our municipality has a league and when I went to sign up for the beginner level, I found out that it had sold out the first hour of registration. My aunt and uncle love it so much they painted a pickleball court on their driveway.
    https://youtu.be/tYX5l6js01U

We have Pickleball at our apartments and I got a free lesson from a professional seeded player when I first moved here (Rain has stopped play over winter and apparently the cold affects ball performance).

I have been through every stage of this video and our neice bought us Pickleball rackets for Christmas. As soon as it warms up, we’ll be playing again 😁
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Keeping up with my goal to check-in here midweek eventhough I'm still pretty sick. I did manage to get out of bed today, shower, and work a bit. But I'm achey, shuffle, and exhausted now. Scale is up - probably salt. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry, we had an unexpected snow day. I did not weigh in. I will weigh in tomorrow.

I had productive day off. I got several loads of laundry done, went to Costco, did some meal prep, and worked out. I am ready to move my body more, eat less junk, and shake off this winter weight!!!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods
    You look great! That dress is so romantic!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    PW: 218
    CW: 216.4

Had a better week than the last few weeks. It's been busy at work recently, and now they added on 3 lunch meetings for the next 3 work days, plus the one I had today. Lunch is my time! I really dislike lunch meetings. Although it's good in a way that makes me bring lunch from home and not eat out!
  • jugar
    Options
    @adrimango I hope you feel better soon! And @AshenMoon and anyone else who is ill. Take good care of yourselves.

Quick reminder for the Thursday folks! I'll catch up with news tomorrow....
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @MoStacy
    @39flavours
    @conleywoods
    @DD265
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the Savage Race. I can't wait! I've done one in the past. I started working the upper body at the gym. 7 Miles - 20 obstacles. Lots of mud!

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,168 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 190.2
    CW 195.4
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    PW 230.8
    CW 234.0

I did this to myself. I haven't been eating any sugar and I went sugar crazy on valentines. It has been a down hill slide since the weekend. Time to buckle down. Packed a salad for lunch today 😋
  • jugar
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Happy Thursday, I hope!

@KellyBgetsfit hoo boy, can I relate. I nicknamed my daughter the Empress of Emesis when she was young - anything made her throw up, I swear. And the "I can't handle" excuse from hubbies is seriously overused. You deserve a restful day with full childcare in exchange - he can handle that, I'm sure :smiley:

Happy 50th @bowens1973 , you young thing, you. Enjoy every minute.:heart:
This discussion has been closed.